Any full or long termer's tow a scooter or mo'bike? (1 Viewer)

Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
Do any of the full or long termers on here 'tow' a scooter or motorbike? If so do you have any issues like restricted use while wild camping etc due to either MH or bike security? In essence are you happy leaving the MH on an aire or elsewhere while away on the scooter etc?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Why would it be any different from leaving your van on foot or in a car?
We've got a scooter and it isn't (any different) for us. :)

OP
OP
I
Aug 13, 2017
Funster No
An empty bike trailer being an obvious sign that you have gone away and left the van empty! Fine if in a populated aire or site but when in isolation wild camping or on an empty aire?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
An empty bike trailer being an obvious sign that you have gone away and left the van empty! Fine if in a populated aire or site but when in isolation wild camping or on an empty aire?
I've never given it a thought, let's face it, they would easily find out if anyone is home if they were interested in breaking in. Look through the windows? Knock on the door? The Mrs might be in if the bike's gone anyway :ROFLMAO:;)

Parapilot

Free Member
Dec 29, 2015
Whiston
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
6 years
No problems so far - just a little more difficult to manoeuvre in tight spaces or car parks.

BONZO

Free Member
Mar 1, 2012
Rotherham
Funster No
MH
Kon tiki 30ft
Exp
When we stay in car parks we don’t take bike off . We only use when on sites . We are not on car parks long I Nuff to use it .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 9, 2018
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Adamo 75-4t
Exp
March 2018
I have a Motolug trailer for my motorbike.

They dismantle and can be stored out of sight.

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
If I saw an empty trailer and had the knowledge to actually steal a camper with all the standard security, alarms, trackers coded keys etc, or just wanted to break in to steal stuff, even with the old trick of the dog bowl and lead hanging outside, all I would do is knock on the door!

If I got an answer I would say "excuse me, I have a camper too, is it ok to park up here overnight or will I be moved on?

Same with leaving your lights on at home on a timer, I one night got a ring at the door, late, so could not be bothered to answer. BOOM the basta$%# kicked the downstairs door in. They ran off tho as I ran down the stairs with my baseball bat and shouting at the top of my voice. I don't know who was the more scared them or me.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I've never given it a thought, let's face it, they would easily find out if anyone is home if they were interested in breaking in. Look through the windows? Knock on the door? The Mrs might be in if the bike's gone anyway :ROFLMAO:;)
But you can hear a bike returning from a long way off etc..

I spoke to a German guy in Valencia last year who had his van broken in to within a 30 minute time frame and was convinced it was down to this very reason. Motorhome parked with empty bike trailer and no bike

I plan to tow a motorbike from next year but it will be an enclosed boxvan trailer with motorbike inside.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back