Any French Spanish or German speakers......(-; (1 Viewer)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Nine.......... :giggler:

.....I expect you meant Nein......but mine is not as funny.

I can order a beer in 4 languages.

Hows this then Chris..... five different languages.

Two beers chief!

Two beers chief!

Two beers chief!

Two beers chief!

Oh Please!... Two beers ya deaf Git!!

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
18 years living in Germany (HM Forces) so I am pretty fluent even today 28 years later, but I was mainly in the North where they speak what is called "High" German.
Once I get South towards Bavaria and Bayern (the Munich area) it sounds like they are singing in Hurdey gurdey flurdey speak, but I can just about understand and them me..
Had a friend from Switzerland staying with us last week ( the daughter of folks we met in the motorhome ) and her German was a bloody nightmare, but her English was good.
She then spoke to me in Swiss and I got only 1 word in 4 or 5.
Interesting topic though Buttons..
Mitch.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My brother lived & worked in Germany for nearly 40 years . The Germans always pride themselves on being able to guess where you come from the accent.
One client refused to believe that my brother was English until he showed him his passport.:LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I have lived in Kent all my life but am regularly told I come from Gloucestershire, and I do not use the West country fire engine noise OOOW- ARRRR OOOW-AARR either However when in POSH company I have a plum in the mouth accent, trouble is a week in Wales I have that and a week in Edinburgh I have that. I am not taking the piddle It just goes like it and where I am I start doing it. Go to Spain and I will end up like Manuel of F/Towers. Or worse Workshop Manual. The Spanish mechanic. What is a camellia? you know that multi coloured lizardy thing

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Apparently I speak German with a French accent. Which is unfortunate since I speak no French! So I will walk into a restaurant, and ask for a table for three, the waiting staff will reply in French, and then I am baffled :D

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
I have lived in Kent all my life but am regularly told I come from Gloucestershire, and I do not use the West country fire engine noise OOOW- ARRRR OOOW-AARR either However when in POSH company I have a plum in the mouth accent, trouble is a week in Wales I have that and a week in Edinburgh I have that. I am not taking the piddle It just goes like it and where I am I start doing it. Go to Spain and I will end up like Manuel of F/Towers. Or worse Workshop Manual. The Spanish mechanic. What is a camellia? you know that multi coloured lizardy thing

I pick up accents quite easily too - although I am not good at imitating them when away from the influences that I pick up. I have been told that I sound Australian when in certain company and once had a large Fijian hang back and talk to me after a meeting in Australia when he asked what I thought about the "stuck up" English delegates that had been in the room. He was mortified when I told him that I am English and that my accent had been acquired after 3 months of working in S Australia but he relaxed when I told him that I agreed with him that many of the other English delegates were stuck up :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back