Any advice on a Nissan Elgrand (1 Viewer)

chris burns

Funster
May 29, 2014
seaford
Funster No
MH
Nissan Elgrand
Exp
since 1985
Just paid deposit for a 2003 Nissan Elgrand 5.1 motorhome with a 3.5 V6!
Picking it up at the weekend - very excited, if anyone has any tips on this would love to hear what your thoughts are.....

Deleted User
I considered buying one a while back. I did a lot of research on internet and it seems that there can be problems because of the dual catalytic convertors in the exhaust system. It was suggested that the first Cat was breaking up and causing a blockage in the second Cat which was causing engine problems. The advice given was to remove one of the cats.
I wouldn't expect much in terms of fuel consumption but should be a comfortable vehicle to drive.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I considered buying one a while back. I did a lot of research on internet and it seems that there can be problems because of the dual catalytic convertors in the exhaust system. It was suggested that the first Cat was breaking up and causing a blockage in the second Cat which was causing engine problems. The advice given was to remove one of the cats.
I wouldn't expect much in terms of fuel consumption but should be a comfortable vehicle to drive.

They are nice looking vehicles though, sometimes you shop with your heart & not your head. Now whether that's a good or a bad thing is wide open to conjecture lol.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
chris burns

chris burns

Funster
May 29, 2014
seaford
Funster No
MH
Nissan Elgrand
Exp
since 1985
I might look into taking one out cheers for the heads up also if one goes I got spare That's if there the same !

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
google pic's show 2 cats, one on each bank of 3 cylinders, so one cannot interfere with other. there are full decat systems available, but would need to fit old system for mot,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back