Any advice for a first trip to Holland? (1 Viewer)

Liebs

Free Member
Apr 11, 2015
York
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a newbie
We bought our first motorhome last year and have only done a few short trips within the UK so far. We have taken the plunge and booked the Hull to Rotterdam ferry in May with a view to doing a 10 day trip around Holland. It's exciting... but a little bit daunting at the same time! All top tips, advice and any campsite and/or sightseeing recommendations would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

?

Deleted User
Thats part of the buzz you cant see that far ahead, my favourite track of all so so fast & flowing & going through turn 6 Ruskenhoek flat in 6th that's it just there (y)

You will have been up this was for East Fortune would you not? Is it that flat. I only live 2 miles away but never go anymore what i should even just to meet up with old mates.

Upvote 0

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years
You will have been up this was for East Fortune would you not? Is it that flat. I only live 2 miles away but never go anymore what i should even just to meet up with old mates.
Never been to East Fortune. but know a few teams from up that end, we go to Knock Hill with BSB, bit off topic me thinks :whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Been to Holland a few times we normally stay in the Zeeland area. One of my favorites is De witte raaf site which is close to Arnemuiden. Plenty of good bike tracks plenty of water and plenty of nice villages.

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We bought our first motorhome last year and have only done a few short trips within the UK so far. We have taken the plunge and booked the Hull to Rotterdam ferry in May with a view to doing a 10 day trip around Holland. It's exciting... but a little bit daunting at the same time! All top tips, advice and any campsite and/or sightseeing recommendations would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
I've found the DK Eyewitness guides very good for identifying the highlights of a place or country. This is the one for the Netherlands : http://www.dk.com/uk/9780241011430-dk-eyewitness-travel-guide-the-netherlands/ You should be able to pick it up a little cheaper on Amazon.

As you may also have gathered from this thread it is a country which doesn't suit everyone. I've driven through it numerous times and stopped there the odd time and I can confirm the folk are very friendly, it has some pretty houses and villages and of course a long history - we have fought against and with them in several wars!

It wouldn't be my choice for a first visit to Europe but if you are looking for somewhere civilised, safe and easy to get to then it could fit the bill. My only worry is it might put you off exploring further ("this is Europe?") and you have to ask yourself why every other MH you see in the rest of Europe has an NL registration! :)

Upvote 0
D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Your best source of information is http://www.holland.com/global/tourism.htm

My favorites are Scheveningen and all along the coast past Wassenaar, Katwijk en Zee and Noordwijkerhout.
Love the North Sea and bracing winds !
Duinrell 2012 046.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
?

Deleted User
I did a windmill two years ago. This one down the south

http://www.molendatabase.nl/nederland/molen.php?nummer=435

The people running are all volunteers and supply a couple of local bakery's with the flour they produce. What was nice is they also have teenagers volunteering. They stopped the windmill for us and gave us a free tour with coffee at the end. All they wanted was a small donation when leaving to help run the place so they ended up with €30 from the four of us as typical dutch hospitality was great. I also seen a small hill in that town. OK it was the off ramp from the A2 but a hill none the less.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back