Anthony Oystertech (1 Viewer)

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
A big thank you to Anthony @ Oystertech who advised me with a problem I had with my Oyster system, its now working perfectly.
To cut a long story short I was only getting 8v at the plug that goes into the control box, it seems a :swear2: mouse had been chewing wires so once I ran a new cable to it it's all working again.

Clive Mc

Free Member
Jan 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos
Hi Anthony,
can I upgrade my Oyster III Vision to allow me to watch Sky Q?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Anthony,
can I upgrade my Oyster III Vision to allow me to watch Sky Q?
Good afternoon Clive Mc ,

Apologies for the delayed response, didn't see this till now so thank you very much elamessa for the tag.

The Vision III system can indeed be upgraded to receive Sky Q. The Oyster unit would need to be converted to run three cables from the roof down into the vehicle and a new Hybrid LNB would need to be used also.
Unfortunately we do not stock these LNB's as they're pretty much a Sky product but you can source your own which we would fit for you here...........

Amazon product ASIN B07GS1Z2YP
Depending on whether you currently have a Single or a Twin system you would then require the following work carried out by ourselves.
Converting a Single to Triple system:-

2 x Thin coax @ £33.00 each exc VAT
1 x Twin feed main cable without electronic control @ £81.15 each exc VAT
Labour for fitting @ £65 per hour exc VAT

I would estimate 2 hours to complete the job but obviously all vehicles are different so I cannot be sure.
Total cost including VAT for parts and labour in this scenario would be £343.79

Converting a Twin to Triple system:-

1 x Thin coax @ £33.00 each exc VAT
1 x Twin feed main cable without electronic control @ £81.15 each exc VAT
Labour for fitting @ £65 per hour exc VAT

Estimated total cost including VAT for parts and labour in this scenario would be £301.20

I hope this helps but please feel free to give me a call on 01858575928 if you would like to discuss further.

Clive Mc

Free Member
Jan 23, 2022
Funster No
MH
Laika Kreos
Hi Anthony, thanks for the information regarding my satellite update. Unfortunately I'm in Edinburgh so a bit too far to travel to you. Is this something I could do myself and is adapting the base to a three cable difficult?.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Anthony, thanks for the information regarding my satellite update. Unfortunately I'm in Edinburgh so a bit too far to travel to you. Is this something I could do myself and is adapting the base to a three cable difficult?.
It's definitely possible to it yourself but you will have to open up the roof unit in order to run the extra internal cables through.
The additional cables from the underside of the roof unit down into the vehicle can be off the shelf cabling but you would need a roof gland or similar in order to make the entry watertight and you would need crimp on BNC connectors to plug into the roof unit.

The upgrade of the roof unit would comprise of drilling additional holes in the plastic recess on the underside of the unit for the connectors and from there it's just a case of feeding the new cable/s up through the internal workings of the unit and down the arm to the LNB which can be a bit fiddly. You would then need to put connectors onto the end of the new cable to screw it in to the LNB.

The LNB may be a little tricky to change depending on whether it is autoskew or not but it's not too big of a job.

The best advice I can give is to give me a call and we can go through exactly what you need to do and that way you can make an informed decision as to whether you want to have a go.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back