Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Has any one any knowledge of a wildcamping site in Anstruther ? I particularly want to try the chippy there.:Cool:

Looking at google earth the car park at the end of The Esplanade looks favourite !:Blush:

Also looking at Pittenweem and Crail !:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
go up to seller dyke to the old swimming pool when up there I park there.
there are sum parking places there I have not had any problems there in the past
but the road is tight for motor campers the haven the food is very good :thumb:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Has any one any knowledge of a wildcamping site in Anstruther ? I particularly want to try the chippy there.:Cool:

Looking at google earth the car park at the end of The Esplanade looks favourite !:Blush:

Also looking at Pittenweem and Crail !:thumb::thumb::thumb:
pittenweem there is a car park next to the harbour
was moved form thare once many years ago but been back and never had any problems the lareckmore pub a fisherman's pub sum carectors in there I used to work a boat out of there years ago in my time off from the rig the fath star peter mobbery gone now we would go out and some times he would sober up after abut a day at sea :Eeek:
but wat a grate skipper he was

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Pick your chippy

If you're going to Ainster (as in the local dialect!) for the chippy makes sure you go to The Wee Chippy at the other end of the esplanade from the car park you've identified. Much better, in my opinion, than the big famous one.

As for the car park, don't think you can overnight in it. As previously mentioned you may be able to overnight in Cellardyke at the old open air seawater swimming pool which happens to be at the bottom of the hill from a commercial site. The view is great out over the Isle of Mey. The roads in Cellardyke are a bit tight so check this out first.

The Wee Chippy is about 10 - 15 minutes stroll from there. There's a pub, The Haven, a couple of minutes walk from the pool which is dog friendly, if of any interest. The Chinese carry out in Cellardyke is not too bad.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
if you do get down the street with your motor home it's a grate place to stay but you may have problems if your to big
bill

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Stephen & Jeannie

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
(y)Update !!!!!

I e-mailed Fife Council for advice on parking etc.

They could not be arsed to send a reply, so my money is going to be spent on the West Coast and the Outer Hebrides !!! :cooler::cooler::cooler:

Many thanks to all funsters who posted advice.....much appreciated.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Just seen this so possibly a little late, I can give you a nice quiet place at Crail if your still interested. Although we spent two weeks I. The outer Hebrides and I'd recommend it over fife, Ralph and Bev are just back so could ask them as its been four years since we went.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back