Another year, another MOT done.. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
MOT and small mechanical service done yesterday at Becks Motorhomes, Gt Yarmouth .. (where we purchased the van last April )

Arrived about 9 am.. they provide a free loan car, so went to Norwich Camping and Leisure to buy a two man tent and rucksack for Chaz .. and what a fantastic place it is .. huge selection of everything to do with camping and caravanning.... large outdoor display of tents.. staff really helpful a real Aladin's cave.. I had to drag myself away..

Back to Beck's at 12 o'clock.. MOT went fine.. just a couple of exhaust rubbers required, no advisories.. :)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Ours just been done as well, two new straps on the diesel tank done at service and then straight through MOT.

Sorted.

Martin

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
I had my van serviced ,Mot,and new brake pads on front this week, was very happy with the cost £206 no advisories :) small local garage friendly people family business .

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Well done another one out the way mine passed last week just needed a replacement gaitor.(y)

Camping shops I love em, looking at a new tent at the moment to carry on the motorbike. My backs complaining about mine need something a bit taller can't dress kneeling nowadays. Found one but bloody expensive. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2009
bedworth warks
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
2009 previously a tugger for thirty years
Had our first MOT last month and also the first (rather late) service carried out at Nuneaton Peugeot cost £178 and a few pence for the lot. Passed with no advisories as I expected, I was very pleased with the cost.

I would recommend them to anyone local they also arrange Hab Checks if you want one done.

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
I'm worried mine went in yesterday .Passed no problems ,its just that they normally find something to fiddle me.lol

Nov 1, 2015
Norwich
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 686F
Exp
MOT and small mechanical service done yesterday at Becks Motorhomes, Gt Yarmouth .. (where we purchased the van last April )

Arrived about 9 am.. they provide a free loan car, so went to Norwich Camping and Leisure to buy a two man tent and rucksack for Chaz .. and what a fantastic place it is .. huge selection of everything to do with camping and caravanning.... large outdoor display of tents.. staff really helpful a real Aladin's cave.. I had to drag myself away..

Back to Beck's at 12 o'clock.. MOT went fine.. just a couple of exhaust rubbers required, no advisories.. :)
Can't praise them enough (Norwich Camping)Have been popping in for years and if you get to the owner you can do a bit of haggling, lovely people to deal with with vast range.
Ray

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
One less thing to worry about!

How did you know the MOT was due?
Did you get a reminder?

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
My backs complaining about mine need something a bit taller can't dress kneeling nowadays. Found one but bloody expensive. :)

yeah.. good kit is not cheap.. and as you also appreciate.. buying cheap is false economy ..

bought a Vango Banshee 2 .. cost £89.99 RRP is £130 .. lovely tent for back packing or taking on a bike..

Vango explore 50s rucksack, £44.99 ..saved a fiver..

This Army Cadet lark aint cheap.. have spent several hundred on kit in the past year :eek:

but grudge not a penny.. :)

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
@scotjimland
You're right I always buy good camping kit but use it a lot and keep it for years.
Current tent Vango Beta 350 cost about £150.00.
Considering Wild Country Zephyros cost £300.00
My rucksack is a Low Alpine cost £50.00 ish 15 years ago been all over the world used seriously hard and still perfect.
Love camping.(y)

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
One Ford garage MOT, one service, one stop/tail bulb - one bill = £157 = one happy chappy! I love my cheap to run, cheap to service Ford Transit base. It's now five years old and NOTHING, NOTHING has gone wrong with the base vehicle (now I cross my fingers!!!).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back