Another tyres question. (1 Viewer)

Oct 27, 2019
Fareham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Hi all, weekend starts now. I'm going to be getting some new rubber 215 75 16 116. Looking at toyo but not decided yet. Question is the toyo is a Winter tyre, so what are the downsides of having driving on winter tyres in summer and vice versa.
Is it better to go for all season tyres. Its a big minefield out there.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
I along with other funsters have Toyo Observe van., which are winter tyres.

Had the for several months now, smother ride and definitely no issues with running this summer so far, they appear good in the wet.
Pressures lower.
So far very very happy.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bubba
Oct 27, 2019
Fareham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks Phil. I have emailed my local tyre shop see if he can supply them. If not I will get them from flea Bay and just have them mounted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Better to have a set of every brand and change every few miles depending on the weather. That way you will be vary safe and each set will last loads longer. Anything else is a compromise which nobody wants :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Phil. I have emailed my local tyre shop see if he can supply them. If not I will get them from flea Bay and just have them mounted.
I bought mine direct from a company who advertise on fleabay they delivered them to my local fitter who then simply charged a fitting charge.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Bubba
Oct 27, 2019
Fareham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Better to have a set of every brand and change every few miles depending on the weather. That way you will be vary safe and each set will last loads longer. Anything else is a compromise which nobody wants :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ If Mrs Bubba agrees but I can't see it happening.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
Amersham
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2019
Some ppl are ok with all season or winter tyres in the summer. I run summer tyres in the summer, and winter tyres in the winter. The swap over is when weather goes above or below 7deg C. You can not have good performance out of a winter tyre in hot summer, and vice-versa. In fact they can be very dangerous, The all season is a compromise but legally fit for all seasons with less ability in winter compared to a winter tyre.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back