SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Hopefully going to make it over to Germany and France in September. Wanting to mainly stay on Aires and Stellplatz. We have a marine toilet so use a hose to drop the black waste. Are there facilities for this on Aires/ Stellplatz, how common is it? Some chemical disposal points are built too high for us to use over here so was wondering if we are going to have a problem over there.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Some friends of ours have bought a MH with a black tank and have just had two weeks in Germany and said it was great and no problems emptying.

Martin

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
we have a black tank and shared your concerns, I initially carried a bucket just in case, but when I had to use it decided I needed a better way, not a nice thing to carry through a site

so I bought a Thetford cassette, loads for sale brand new, just bought the cheapest I could find as didn't need to match anything, carry that and as is typical have never needed it :D

not been to Germany, but France had no problem, all the aires we used had gully style emptying, you are more likely to find a problem in the UK IMO (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
SOS

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
This is all very comforting to know. We have got a cassette on board as well but just prefer the drop option! So much easier and no worries about emptying it everyday. Thanks so much.

OP
OP
SOS

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Thanks Wildman. We have sometimes had to use Ccc facilities over here to dump our black when we have been places and the disposal point is waist height!

Feb 5, 2009
South Essex
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 in MH, 15 in Caravan
I'm in the same position as @SOS , and was thinking of getting one of those collapsible "pipe ramp" things that the RV people use to ensure a smooth fall from the outlet to the raised drain hole on Aires...

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
I cannot think of an aire/stellplatz/sosta in France/Germany/Italy that we have used, where the height of the black waste point would be too high. Most points are located in the base of the bourne de service.
Your van is a Laika after all and they are designed for the continent. The only thing I can see that might be an issue is getting close enough to some points as they sometimes have protective rails around the bourne. I guess you carry a discharge hose though?

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
can black tanks be fitted is there a conversion thing to go from cartridge to black tank
bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back