Paul240

Free Member
Apr 27, 2017
Nivillac
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
Hi. Recently acquired an Ecovip 400i over here in France. It has a WC marine. Emptying over here doesn't pose a great problem as most towns have a free or small charge public point and sites are equipped too.

I had a couple of caravans in UK & mainly used CC sites. The emptying points were a big 'pan' raised up say 18-24" above ground.

Just wondering how you 'fellow marine loo owners' get on with emptying in UK?

Planning a 6 week tour over there later in the year, so a heads up would be good!
Ta.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Do you mean a casset toilet? If you do most sites have chemical emptying points but of course probably need to be staying on said sites.

OP
OP
Paul240

Paul240

Free Member
Apr 27, 2017
Nivillac
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
No, I had cassettes in my caravan. This has a marine loo. Approx 40ltr holding tank. Emptied via a valve gate and a pipe. I think, basically like the Yankee RV's have.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
No, I had cassettes in my caravan. This has a marine loo. Approx 40ltr holding tank. Emptied via a valve gate and a pipe. I think, basically like the Yankee RV's have.
Sorry I can't help on that one I think most have a long pipe and empty down a manhole.

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
The only place i have seen so far,on my limited travels is canterbury park and ride,,large grate over a manhole,,lift and let loose,,,,!!! Handy if you have a full tank and just come of the ferry !!

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
I have a marine toilet on a Laika Ecovip 1r. Most campsites have a man hole cover they will lift up. Some sites have motorhome drive overs. Failing that we use the cassette option as we have that as well. If you are members of the camping and caravan club you can pop in and use their facilities to empty (best to phone ahead) but there is a fee. Hope this helps

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Maybe a quick pop onto MHF Rv section might give you a better answer .. ?

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
I have a marine toilet on a Laika Ecovip 1r. Most campsites have a man hole cover they will lift up. Some sites have motorhome drive overs. Failing that we use the cassette option as we have that as well. If you are members of the camping and caravan club you can pop in and use their facilities to empty (best to phone ahead) but there is a fee. Hope this helps

Not RV... but cassette... phoned CCC site... told them I was a member... allowed me to empty cassette and fill with fresh water... and didn't ask for ID either.... and ... NO CHARGE.. ( New Forrest Site ) a week or so ago... (y)

SOS

Aug 10, 2014
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 1R
Exp
Since 2014
Not RV... but cassette... phoned CCC site... told them I was a member... allowed me to empty cassette and fill with fresh water... and didn't ask for ID either.... and ... NO CHARGE.. ( New Forrest Site ) a week or so ago... (y)

That's fab if they've stopped charging. Salisbury and Devizes have both charged us in the past even though we are members!

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
You can do it one of two ways I believe. You can either decant it to a waste hog and empty it like you do the grey.
Or you can fit a mascerator that will slice it up and send it down a normal garden hose size pipe that you can poke into the grey waste hole. (will pump slightly up hill as well.)

Sep 3, 2013
Crowthorne, Berkshire
Funster No
MH
1992 RMB Silver Star 670
Exp
One year. A whole one!
Most of the campsites we've used in the UK have some form of manhole that you can use to empty your black tank.

However, it helps if you're prepared for all eventualities and it's worth carrying a macerator pump and hose. This attaches to your tank outlet and is powered by crocodile clips onto your leisure or starter battery.

You then clean the hose by attaching it to your grey waste and doing the same emptying procedure into the same discharge point.

You can buy a decent macerator and hose from eBay or Amazon. They're not expensive and not heavy items to carry.

However, I carry a bucket for those rare 'just in case' eventualities. It's cheap and easy and, if done with some care, completely clean and no 'splatter'. Wash the bucket thoroughly after use, though.

I have only encountered one UK site, so far, that hasn't had an available manhole. Mind you, I didn't ask to see if they had one elsewhere and just used my bucket at their motorhome service point (they did have a manhole but the drains were partly blocked and I wasn't going to risk it) and emptied that into a cassette-sink a few feet away, rinsed, and carried on. A few trips and all was well again.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back