Free Member
Sep 21, 2019
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Hymer Van 572
Exp
Since 2012
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I only spotted it today ... I am wondering how thorough their checks were and how they managed to miss this. He must have jumped in once they were back in the van after checking the bikes.

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
:giggle:
If I'd checked, I'm pretty sure I'd know if someone jumped on the back of my van while I was inside

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere but I only spotted it today ... I am wondering how thorough their checks were and how they managed to miss this. He must have jumped in once they were back in the van after checking the bikes.

Yes, posted not 10mins before yours.....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I think he needs to go to Specsavers ... he saw men at the rear of his MH near his bike rack and didn't find the stowaway ... and he's a copper!!! Of course it's not his fault he didn't check his vehicle properly .... :LOL:

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
If I'd checked, I'm pretty sure I'd know if someone jumped on the back of my van while I was inside
Your post is an updated report and now indicates that the pair may be fined for bringing an illegal into the UK. Also advises that the guy was an ex policeman, heard banging noises on the way home and thought it was his belongings moving?, a policeman? Must have been one of the sleeping ones :oops: saw two immigrants before they went shopping but only one hanging around around their van when they came back.? :gum:

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2020
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Citroen romahome
Exp
Since 2016
Your post is an updated report and now indicates that the pair may be fined for bringing an illegal into the UK. Also advises that the guy was an ex policeman, heard banging noises on the way home and thought it was his belongings moving?, a policeman? Must have been one of the sleeping ones :oops: saw two immigrants before they went shopping but only one hanging around around their van when they came back.? :gum:
I wonder how he became an ex policeman, eyesight failure perhaps?

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Nobody ever thinks it will happen to them - until it does...........................................!

Happened to me on a coach once, two scrotes climbed into the (rear) engine compartment at Cite Europ. Got to checkin/Customs and thought "nobody's checked the back". I only got away with it because I found them, not Immigration - £2000 per person fine! :whew:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
To be totally honest I think they should have a formal caution (or whatever it's called nowadays!) as that will send out a message to others who are 'thinking' of turning a blind eye to stowaways or actually bringing someone in, its too easy for people to say they didn't know especially since they heard 'banging' and had observed people at the rear of their MH prior to leaving France. It makes you wonder if a big sign on the back of his bike cover saying 'live stock' would have got his attention!

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Poor chap, he doesn't deserve to be fined for this oversight. Only making life a bit easier for the UK Border Farce, who have been hard pressed to rescue 4,500 illegals in rubber boats and help them arrive safely in Dover. :rolleyes:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Well I was at home, broken into police called by a neighbour, police arranged for window to be boarded up, they tried phoning the house and my mobile and I slept through the lot, daytime, had just finished a busy 12 hour shift, only alcohol involved was the stuff that got nicked and recovered.
So doubt they would wake me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back