Another Spanish town intending to clamp down on parking (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Why?

I do it all the time

I've found wild spots to be safer than your average campsite ....heard numerous tales of thefts from campsites , bikes , scooters, folks fridge vents etc
I think you must be very selective about where you park your van or have been very lucky. so far.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I think you must be very selective about where you park your van or have been very lucky. so far.
Not seen any reports of thefts in wildspots on here buttons

Only a couple about handbags etc which were left in full view on front seats , and those were on main roads

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
These different views on wild camping will never change on this or any other forum. There will be those who will always wild camp, some responsibly some not and those who are totally apposed to it in any form. A complete and uttet waste of time discussing the subject.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Not seen any reports of thefts in wildspots on here buttons

Only a couple about handbags etc which were left in full view on front seats , and those were on main roads
This is possibly because most motorhomes don't venture far from there vans when wildly camped.

Deleted User
I suppose it's from the start of the beach and not the water. The start of the beach will always be the same distance.

But that isn't enforced in most places I've been.

This in answer to a similar question

'I think the beach might start where the Guardia/ Police officer says it does:)'

Jul 29, 2017
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 530 Flash
Exp
Camping Caravanning and Motorhoming for 40yrs, last 2 Motorhoming
Campsite View attachment 284472

Wildspot View attachment 284473
I think perhaps in some instances you gave those distances confused.

Every campsite I've seen over here is ridiculously cramped ....a metre between would be luxury.

My wild spots are fully serviced too ....cause I'm in a van designed and built to be independent of a campsite
You’ve reinforced my point, that’s exactly the sort of place you won’t find us: The top photo of course.

estresao

Free Member
Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
Well, things are not easy and there could be different overlapping laws. The coastal law says you can park ONLY in specific areas for parking (parking lots?). Another eternal issue is that not all policeman have clear the difference between parking and camping. It's clear how to diffefence both terms, but many policeman don't know the details and.... basically if they write down in a fine you are camping..... you are camping LOL.

Private areas are excluded as, for example, condominium park sites, campsites, etc... because it's supposed they have been constructed accordingly to the law, so the coastal law, for our case, only applies to public areas.

Coastal law is not intended for traffic regulation but a wider scope to protect the coasts and nearby natural resources mainly from building construction, so there are no specific clauses for motorhomes and interpretation is required.

The law explain how they measure the distance, but it's not easy for me to translate it because I don't know some used terms. It seems the protected distance were reduced in 2013 (I'm not sure whether is 100m or 20m)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
That's not the worst part, clearing off and leaving your van unoccupied for the day can be a real restriction on getting out and about.

You don't leave it in car parks , by the roadside then ?

I wonder how they measure 500 meters from a beach when the sea is tidal
Measured from the 'high tide ' line.
I must have been lucky all my life.:D

Private areas are excluded as, for example, condominium park sites, campsites, etc... because it's supposed they have been constructed accordingly to the law, so the coastal law, for our case, only applies to public areas.
Unfortunately anything within 500m still comes under the Ley de la Costa & ,when applied retrospectively which they have been doing & also illegal under the spanish constitution, everything that is within 500m is technically illegal.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
You don't leave it in car parks , by the roadside then ?
I must have been lucky all my life.:D.
Not when I am in full holiday mode with everything but the kitchen sink packed away in cupboards gus. I've had three instances over the years when letting my guard down. I had one while I was asleep in the chair with the hab door open while being parked on a Spanish high street. They got away with my bag because they could run a lot faster that I could in bare feet. I never feel at ease leaving a fully laden van unattended....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back