LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I just could not face another winter without an RMB, so just booked a ferry for Wednesday to purchase another of these iconic vehicles. If all goes to plan, which it seldom does I should be back with it for the weekend, get it MOTd and registered ready for overwintering in Beni. The panel van will be up for sale in due coarse and although it has served us well on trips to Spain last winter and Bulgaria during the summer, I just cannot manage long term trips in such a confined space. Maybe Vilasol for a change this year as my permanent pitch on La Toretta went with the travel trailer.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I just could not face another winter without an RMB, so just booked a ferry for Wednesday to purchase another of these iconic vehicles. If all goes to plan, which it seldom does I should be back with it for the weekend, get it MOTd and registered ready for overwintering in Beni. The panel van will be up for sale in due coarse and although it has served us well on trips to Spain last winter and Bulgaria during the summer, I just cannot manage long term trips in such a confined space. Maybe Vilasol for a change this year as my permanent pitch on La Toretta went with the travel trailer.
Well done young man, there is life in the old dog yet......(y) Will look forward to your Beni posts......(y)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thought you might do that sooner or later (y)

What model this time Dave?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Typical... finds himself and his child bride a motor home no problem but still no mini digger for me...

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thought you might do that sooner or later (y)

What model this time Dave?

I have 3 to look at, a 690, a 715 and a late model built since the Frankia takeover. The 690 is favourite at the minute, but who knows when I get there. Things are never written in stone are they. I only made my mind up yesterday to buy another one. I told myself many times I would never get into the two bird club again, but there will be 2 birds in the yard again soon.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Really pleased for you! Looking forward to some pics xxx

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Typical... finds himself and his child bride a motor home no problem but still no mini digger for me...

JJ :cool:

So now the rufty tufty fulltimer has land and is tied down to cultivating lettuce :LOL:. Am sure life was much simpler when all you had to think about was where you could rock up for the night free of charge instead of how you can get your hands on machinery to dig faster so you can grow more lettuce. How many families are you supplying with all these lettuce :rolleyes:.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Hope all goes well with the quest hope you get what you wanted, if you do decide to try Villasol this year Dave, I would recommend you book, we arrived yesterday and I have never seen it so full even compared to last year, there are very few empty pitches.
Cheers
Ed

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hope all goes well with the quest hope you get what you wanted, if you do decide to try Villasol this year Dave, I would recommend you book, we arrived yesterday and I have never seen it so full even compared to last year, there are very few empty pitches.
Cheers
Ed

Thanks for the heads up Ed. I will have to get on somewhere otherwise funsters will be starving. Cannot have em dinning at John and Josephs, we have standards to keep.

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
I have 3 to look at, a 690, a 715 and a late model built since the Frankia takeover. The 690 is favourite at the minute, but who knows when I get there. Things are never written in stone are they. I only made my mind up yesterday to buy another one. I told myself many times I would never get into the two bird club again, but there will be 2 birds in the yard again soon.
I am expecting full details and photos asap......:clap::pop:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Well, as I said earlier, things never go to plan. After driving almost 1000 miles in under 24 hours including a ferry crossing the RMB was not what we expected. I then drove another 200 miles to look at another RMB, but that too was not what they said it was. Good RMBs are getting like hens teeth. So, after spending an enjoyable evening in a lovely hotel in Ebnisee we then went to have a look at a Hymer 754. One owner tag axle. After being fully refreshed I was ready to do battle this morning and a deal was struck. All should be sorted for early next week, so am relaxing in this beautiful hotel with an excellent menu for a few days. Am off down to the zeppelin museum tomorrow to have a look around there. Lovely part of the world to be stuck for a few days.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Linky??

Aug 31, 2009
Near Long Stratton, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Carthago C line
Exp
25+ years
Am off down to the zeppelin museum tomorrow to have a look around there. Lovely part of the world to be stuck for a few days.
If you are into Zeppelin stuff, the Museum at Meersburg is worth a visit. Only a small concern but plenty of interesting items there.

The address is:

Zeppelin Museum, Schloßpl. 8, 88709 Meersburg

Colin

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Like the hymer. Good kitchen and lounge. :)

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Well, as I said earlier, things never go to plan. After driving almost 1000 miles in under 24 hours including a ferry crossing the RMB was not what we expected. I then drove another 200 miles to look at another RMB, but that too was not what they said it was. Good RMBs are getting like hens teeth. So, after spending an enjoyable evening in a lovely hotel in Ebnisee we then went to have a look at a Hymer 754. One owner tag axle. After being fully refreshed I was ready to do battle this morning and a deal was struck. All should be sorted for early next week, so am relaxing in this beautiful hotel with an excellent menu for a few days. Am off down to the zeppelin museum tomorrow to have a look around there. Lovely part of the world to be stuck for a few days.
Yeah beautiful area. RH came from south of there at Ulm. Enjoy the museum...but a 'Hymer Tag axle???:cry:......:)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
They are a strange lot these German dealers. Although am having a "trade" deal, he has insisted on a full TUV including damp check, gas and electric check, full gas bottles and diesel tank full. So, whilst all this is being done we have cleared off to Munich to see my semi tame professor for the weekend. I love these Bavarian autobahns with no speed limit. The old Skoda made light work of the run from Stuttgart to Munich. 100/110 MPH all the way, not bad for an old banger with over 170000 miles on the clock. Even at that speed the big Beemers and Mercs come past as though you were stopped. I can understand why the professor will not leave Germany now, its a fantastic country once off the beaten track. Hofbrauhaus tonight and the Englischer Garten tomorrow for a few more beers and listen to the umpah bands. Thirty years ago it used to be the Hofbrauhaus and the Cathaus but sadly time has taken its toll on my old body :(.

Len Amey

Free Member
Jan 19, 2015
Hants
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Good luck, hope all goes well, cannot wait to see the pictures.
What’s an RMB.........?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back