Another plea for info regarding PCR tests in France (1 Viewer)

Tony V

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Llyn Peninsula, N Wales
Funster No
MH
A/S Amethyst
Exp
newish
Currently in France and will be returning via St Malo on Sunday. Of course it's just within the test period [unless Boris and hs chums have changed the rules whilst I'm away] Given it needs to be within 48 hours prior, I need a test done in St Malo this coming Friday evening or Saturday morning [2nd Oct]. Ferry leaves at 1030 nad gets to Portsmouth for 1830. Heard a story from another traveller who had to have it done Friday, was 2 hours outside the 48hrs and was refused boarding., so if true- a bit anxious making.

So does anyone know of a Pharmacie in the StMalo area that can do a test?

I await with eager anticipation

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Is the ferry company insisting on a PCR test? We came back by the tunnel last week and they were happy with an antigen test. I believe you have to wait 24 hours for the PCR result whilst we had our result whilst the pharmacist was dealing with the paperwork and we could see the forms on our phones before we left.
We had to source a suitable pharmacy and book an appointment in the first place but it took some of the stress out of waiting for results. We had the test at 8:30 on Wednesday and were on the train at 11:30 on Thursday.
I’m afraid I can’t help with St Malo.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
If you go into google maps and bring up St Malo area, then select chemists from the list of options under the photos on left bar, then click on one of the pins that come up, then click on the clock in left bar, you get opening hours. You could then ring.
I randomly selected this one on the outskirts near the main road, a shopping centre I think.
3D2D9144-F09B-4679-BEDF-E01E9B812B74.png

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
The Brittany ferries website has the following link for tests in France

<Broken link removed>

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
You do not need a PCR test to come back to the UK you can use a Lateral Flow available from many French pharmacies for around EUR25 and can be done anytime within 3 days of arrival back into the UK.

However you still need to book a Day 2 PCR test for when you arrive back and the reference needs to go on your Passenger locator form

Or stay an extra day until the 4th and no test to come back is needed.

OP
OP
Tony V

Tony V

Free Member
Jun 5, 2020
Llyn Peninsula, N Wales
Funster No
MH
A/S Amethyst
Exp
newish
Thanks to all your very prompt replies. Going to try moving my ferry a day forward first off. If that fails then I'll do the LFT in St Malo [I have a boxfull of the things in the van, but I guess the certificate is the important bit. Good to know that it's 3 days and not 2.

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
As Orridge says above. I think you are getting confused about the procedure.
At the moment if fully vac, you need to do a Lateral flow test (LFT) within 72 hours of travel back to UK.
These can be done at numerous Pharmacies in France.
You also need to book a 2 day PCR test before returning, as this booking will generate a number that is needed for your UK Passenger locator form, which needs to be completed within 48 hours of your return crossing.

As from 04.00hrs on the 4th Sept, you wont be required to complete the 72 hr pre departure LFT, but are still required to book a 2 day PCR test as before.

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks to all your very prompt replies. Going to try moving my ferry a day forward first off. If that fails then I'll do the LFT in St Malo [I have a boxfull of the things in the van, but I guess the certificate is the important bit. Good to know that it's 3 days and not 2.
You do need to have a 2 day post return pcr test booked as well as orridge posted for your PAssenger Locator Form form pre boarding.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
Just to clarify you cannot use the free NHS tests if that is what you have as you do not get a certificate just a notification.

Deleted User
Please be aware that the LFT must be done within 3 days of departure for the UK not arrival in the UK

HKF

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2021
The Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Benimar Europe 740
Exp
Since August 2021
You don't need a PCR test. A LFT is all you need :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back