Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It’s well over for Trump now 😉
Yes I did hear Biden on the radio today. His promises are to clear the US of Corona virus. Reinstate the UK back into Europe. Get a labour government back in the UK and ditch Boris Johnston. Apart from that he didn't have much to say. Now Trump on the other hand, he like Bush before him who disputed the Florider vote and won, has been playing golf. :unsure:

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I was talking to husband and wife Beach hut Owners, in the town where we live, and their Association are kicking up a fuss , because of putting N/S wheels up on prom. to level up M/H, also draining waste water into gulley that drains into a Blue Flag sea/beach, plus they counted 21 Motorhomes parked along the road !!?, I said there is no law stopping and parking, I think they are mostly kicking up with the Council that they now cannot park outside their Beach hut, I can see their grouse up to a point as they pay over a £1000 after all to the Council per Annum , I said get the Council to provide an Aire (after explaining what one was), their attitude is why should the rate payers provide that , they don't go for you bringing trade to their part of Paradise, as far as I can see we all want this and that but not on our doorstep, like would you like a big M/H parked outside your home , I dunno what to think, what I do know Carpark meters are going up and next will be Parking Meters I think to nobodies advantage
I remember the days of 'parking meters', a horrible blight on most streets but maybe not quite as bad as a line of motorhomes blocking the view.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Yes I did hear Biden on the radio today. His promises are to clear the US of Corona virus. Reinstate the UK back into Europe. Get a labour government back in the UK and ditch Boris Johnston. Apart from that he didn't have much to say. Now Trump on the other hand, he like Bush before him who disputed the Florider vote and won, has been playing golf. :unsure:
I did not mention Politics he did not say the UK the labour government should be in power neither did he say ditch BoJo

What he has outlined is there should be no undermining of the good Friday agreement and is a sentiment I think most if not all would agree with . Your political views are yours and it’s great to see an incoming leader (Of any political persuasion) who will use science to underpin policy to fight climate change, COVID and help make health care affordable for all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
The tunnel is on the M20, not the A2.

We stayed at Canterbury 3 weeks ago, it was busy ish. I know for a fact that at least 2 Mh's were including it as a part of UK trip.
Who said anything about the tunnel? Look at my post again, it says Dover not the tunnel.
When we stayed at Canterbury, a few years ago, it was also fairly busy. There were a number of vans on their way to, or back from, a channel crossing.

I not that you haven't shared the evidence you took to the council to prove the clear case for Walmer.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Who said anything about the tunnel? Look at my post again, it says Dover not the tunnel.
When we stayed at Canterbury, a few years ago, it was also fairly busy. There were a number of vans on their way to, or back from, a channel crossing.

I not that you haven't shared the evidence you took to the council to prove the clear case for Walmer.
Im not starting this with you again, life is too short.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

busbuddy

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2018
leicestershire
Funster No
MH
swift suntor 630G
Exp
since 1994
IMHO I dont think it is the few spoiling it for the many.....more the other way around
This attitude was around long before covid so all the newbies cant take the blame and cant be the 'youth' either as they normally dont have motorhomes so it is the older generation 50+ which must be doing it
The attitude of the older generation is quite depressing as they are the ones I see dropping litter, having noisy parties on campsites, leaving beer cans everywhere, parking where they shouldn't etc and generally having the 'nobody tells me what to do' outlook on life
There are some tidy, quiet, friendly motorhomers out there but I think we are now the few rather than the many ☹

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back