Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
We are building up to the season and I really want to see this place. We are off on Tuesday, have to be back in Leeds by Friday. Is it a short distance from here to Southport? Any suggestions for places we shouldn't miss or where we should stay? I fancy a CL and will look in the book unless anybody can suggest differently.

Ivy

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Just make sure you check the tides. Wouldn't want you to arrive at the top of a high spring tide to find the figures all covered. :Smile:

OP
OP
Loujess

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Good job you mentioned that. Seems that low tide will be around 4pm. Thanks again.

ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
CL may I suggest Abbey Farm nr Ormskirk. The other place car park is a large promenade type area in front of the coastguard station. There is also a cycle path that takes you into Southport.
Enjoy your stay:thumb:

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
Try not to visit on a windy day. It's hard to see the figures when your eyes are full of sand. And you wouldnt risk your camera under those conditions.

Ask me how I know.:Sad:.

Well worth a visit though. I shall return one day.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi Ivy, Rather than me try to type it all out again if you see my reply on the thread Southport Easter weekend, I have put a place you can wild camp which may be of help to you. Would suggest you wrap up warm too as it can be VERY windy (hence the sand suggestion above). Have a good trip.

If you want a little run out from Southport there is a canal Marina at Rufford, a few miles away where there is loads of space to park the van and they do lovely meals and you can cross over the road and go for a lovely walk up the canal on a nice day. There are also a couple of historic halls if you like that kind of thing.

The postcode for the Marina is L40 1TD

OP
OP
Loujess

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Try not to visit on a windy day. It's hard to see the figures when your eyes are full of sand. And you wouldnt risk your camera under those conditions.

Ask me how I know.:Sad:.

Well worth a visit though. I shall return one day.

Hi Frank
I'm agog (I like gogs). How do you know.

Ivy

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Went to "Another place" last week - brilliant place. As said previously best visited (at earliest) an hour before low tide. On the road from Crosby towards Southport is a good pub selling reasonably priced food. It's called the Red Squirrel.

Phil

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
If you are coming down the M62,there is also the Dream,a large head on the site of Sutton Manor colliery near St Helens in Lancashire. I think there are directions to it from the motorway.

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
Hi Frank
I'm agog (I like gogs). How do you know.Ivy

Hi Ivy,

Gogs are appreciated in this part of the world too although I can't claim to be one.

Your question - I visited the men on the beach last "summer" (the day after my wife had undergone eye surgery) and there was a strong wind whipping up the sand. Sue had to retreat back to the car and I fully expected it to lose a coat of paint it was so vicious.
I fully intend going again soon to get those elusive photos.

dragabed

Free Member
Apr 15, 2009
Funster No
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/motorhome-chat/21572-another-place-crosby-post261943.ht

you can wild camp at the bottom of south road , marine parade nice parks and lovely beach south rd its self has 6 pubs all doing food the one at the top by the traffic lights is good as i remember its called the nags head. you are not far from crosby village and a nicer pub the feasant just down the road from the red squirrel. on the way to southport you the have formby , ainsdale, and freshfield all worth a visit in thier own right i dont know how long you are staying for but you could spend a month there no problem and not see it all.have a good time
dragabed

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Look out for the Biker Statue ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
Loujess

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Whoopsy daisy - I can't think why the PC people haven't got hold of you. I'm sure there must be a crime for abuse of statues.

Ivy

keithfal

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
Worcester area
Funster No
MH
C class Ducato LP
Exp
36 months
Another place

I was only trying to cover it's embarrasment :ROFLMAO:

We made this our first stop on our first motorhome trip. Its fantastic and we went back the next day at sunset to get better piccies. Amusing to watch the many photographers there - art students etc. Saw one get his wellies filled as he waited as the tide came in. Vist at all states of the tide except highest and you will see something amazing.::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile::whatthe::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back