Another one to give us a bad name! (1 Viewer)

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
I simply don't get it...

I do not understand.

If I see a man throwing an empty fag packet out of a Mini do I think all Mini drivers are litter bugs?

Has he "spoilt it" for the rest of the Mini owners or drivers?

Of course not...

Only those with a severe lack of logical reasoning skills would lump all Mini drivers into the same behaviour group based on the actions of one or two of them.

This "there are always some spoiling it for the rest of us" mantra is not part of my thinking.

I have never ever, ever had anyone spoil my motorhoming life based of the behaviour of other vanners.

I am an individual not a number.

So there!

JJ :Cool:

Unfortunately 'Patrick', in the UK, based on others behaviour, we have had our motorhoming lives spoiled. Think car parks!

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forestboy View Post
Sorry but not sure where you get your figures from would like to see the proof.
We've travelled for years and done thousands and thousands of miles in France and never seen this happening. The only time I see it is in the UK. We have regularly dumped our grey water in hedges when staying on Cls and CSs on the request of the site owner and on very rare occasions dumped some in a main drain but have never dumped black waste anywhere other than the proper place.
Surprised at some of the holier than you attitudes on here though.

page 8..2nd post reply
i did say its not in france as there are places to tip .i see it in spain ,portugal ,maroc . anywhere the french get to in numbers . i could say that those that havent seen it done arent looking or perhaps are blind .

Page 1 ..4th post reply(QUOTE=vwalan;816922 very common to see in france and spain . they have the facilities but dont use them . think the french are the worse for doing it ).

Maybe a miss print Alan, but it looks to me you did say "IN FRANCE"...:Doh:...:RollEyes::winky::winky:

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Unfortunately 'Patrick', in the UK, based on others behaviour, we have had our motorhoming lives spoiled. Think car parks!

Who is Patrick?

Have I met him?

Is he something to do with car parks?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Who is Patrick?

Have I met him?

Is he something to do with car parks?

That's a shame, I thought you might be number 6. "I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered".

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Yes we have seen a large Motorhome dumping grey waste along the road, we were coming through Lincolnshire,A46 earlier this year, I kept way back from him, would have signalled to him when we got side by side on an island, but he sped off right as I was going straight on.:Angry:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I have seen BLACK waste dumped on the edge of aires in France, on the side of autobahn stelplatz, and worst of all, over some bushes in a lay-by in Croatia ( loo paper hanging all over the bushes like some weird christmas tree decorations

I have also seen the results of people dumping in public toilets who have not exactly been careful.. covering the floor and seat in excrement ..

In the UK I have NEVER seen black dumped anywhere not suitable..

I have often followed motorhomes that I KNOW 100% have deposited their grey but left the vent open ( which I always do ) to air the tank, and left a small trail of water down the road..

I personally do not give a hoot if that happens .. It is hardly going to cause any issues..

I have also stopped in a suitable pull off down country lanes to get shot of grey.. If anyone thinks normal grey waste causes issues they simply have NO idea what the farmers put on the land in the way of chemicals.. compared to what they put on our grub a few of gallons on slightly soapy water going into a gully is hardly going to cause a problem !

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
I have also stopped in a suitable pull off down country lanes to get shot of grey.. If anyone thinks normal grey waste causes issues they simply have NO idea what the farmers put on the land in the way of chemicals.. compared to what they put on our grub a few of gallons on slightly soapy water going into a gully is hardly going to cause a problem !

I have to agree with you on this bit. A few weeks ago I ran for 3 consecutive days across fields with crops in them. During the evening of the 3rd day my legs started to itch like mad and came up in blisters, these filled with blood and became very sore. One patch started to track a red line horizontally across my calf. Needed prescription antihistamines to settle it down and cortisone cream. Now I have since run across those fields again and had no reaction at all. I have no proof the crops had recently been sprayed but it does make you wonder what the hell they put on. The trails I run on are all public footpaths or bridle paths:Eeek:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
just recently, we were staying on a caravan site near cambridge where the owner directed us to a drainage ditch in the entrance to discharge our grey tank. there was no suitable drain on site, even by the shower block. you had to go through a gateway to empty the cassette, so no vehicle access. apparently it is considered fine despite the ditch draining to the river ouse. we weren't happy but after a week and looking at various other possible places on trips out neccesity dictated we do as instructed. mind you, it was so hot that the water virtually evaporated within a couple of minutes

as said earlier though I would never travel with the tap open discharging grease and dirty water on a road. a greasy patch like that could potentially kill a motorcyclist if the tyres lost grip. i wouldnt want that on my conscience

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
as said earlier though I would never travel with the tap open discharging grease and dirty water on a road. a greasy patch like that could potentially kill a motorcyclist if the tyres lost grip. i wouldnt want that on my conscience

Sorry ????????????????

With best will in the world that is simply tosh

If you think a drop of water ( greasy or otherwise ) would have a biker off how do you think we cope with diesel spills and the like ! ?

Every time it rains after even a few days of dry weather, the roads are covered in an oil film which turns to a nice fine coating or oily water..
Sorry, as a biker and as someone who at one time covered in excess of 100,000 miles a year on a bike, I find that statement alarmist and misleading

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
a biker with your experience is clearly immune to patches of slime on the road on top of the always present oily film, so I will bow to your superior knowledge

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Well I would consider myself just about Mr Average on a bike.. But I do ride ( almost every day ) and am seriously involved with motorcyclists from all walks of life, from police riders ( and yes, I do occasionally have the fun and enjoyment of riding with the Blue Knights ) to youngsters starting out on their step throughs, and I have yet to meet someone who falls off when it rains !

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Well I would consider myself just about Mr Average on a bike.. But I do ride ( almost every day ) and am seriously involved with motorcyclists from all walks of life, from police riders ( and yes, I do occasionally have the fun and enjoyment of riding with the Blue Knights ) to youngsters starting out on their step throughs, and I have yet to meet someone who falls off when it rains !

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD3CtUgGXEw"]Rider Hits Wet Center Line and Crashes - YouTube[/ame]

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
so using your logic above please explain the following on the same DRY bend
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LID6Bqk2GQ"]GSXR 1000 Lowside Crash - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM-k0yD-c58"]R6 Crashes into Parked Motorcycles 3/03/2012 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
How truly stupid of me not to pick up on that...

I am so sorry!

Mind you, I always preferred Danger Man...

But it WAS Danger Man JJ! I thought you would have realised....

Catherine

OP
OP
PaulyP
Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Why did you continue to follow him for several miles and get splashed ?

Bad form though on his behalf.

barry

As the taffic was busy, every time i tried to drop back he would have to slow down and i would catch up again.
Imagine an open top car behind him getting a facefull and causing an accident, it could have been quite dangerous.
Thats why i think its a stupid thing to do.
By all means drop it over a street drain as i have done outside my driveway, just dont do it on the move.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i once didnt check the roof hatches on a milk tanker . had a stop and jerked forward . spilt gallons of milk into a sports car . it was funny .
it was either laugh or cry . i laugh still.
good job it wasnt sewage . i would have split my sides .hee hee .
learnt quickly always check everything .
but still laugh .

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I am now on a site in Norfolk there are signs around the site saying please pour your grey water on the plants and shrubs!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I am now on a site in Norfolk there are signs around the site saying please pour your grey water on the plants and shrubs!

Does that mean you will have to drive over the plants and open your valve :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Trev Massey

Free Member
Jun 6, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Mirada RV
Exp
Common decency issues, worse things happen at sea, blah blah blah, I sorta agree with most of whats been said so far..........however........I do wonder how many of the "I´d never do such a thing" or "what about the squirrels" or "the world will dissolve" posters, have EVER been caught short and had to have a wee in a bush.....or worse? I know what I´d rather slip in.
People in glass houses etc.
That said, I wouldn´t do it personally.....unless I was in a completely unavoidable position....in which case I´d do it in a heart beat. :Blush:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
It's more important we don't give the impression, to outsiders, that MH owners have filthy habits. Dump it responsibly and discretely.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
The environment is far more at threat by DIY petrol heads & backstreet garages who dump oil (and other vehicle bodily fluids) etc in sewers, in the ground rivers and all the other places they can think of.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Doesn`t mean to say we have to add to it does it ? We have to be fair, and not cause others who see the MH as a menace, if MH are stopped from car parks, towns, recreational areas etc then the moans will start on here and you will say it is not fair that MH are banned, so we all have to do our bit to make sure that MHomers are a responsible lot, You Know it Makes Sense .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back