Free Member
Dec 23, 2014
harrow
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi, I am new to M/H Fun but it all makes interesting reading.
I am thinking of taking a year out following a major health scare this year ( new heart valve and a stroke) Anyway I am well now and want to see the UK. It will be just me and my crazy springer spaniel and I want to drive anti-clockwise aroung UK's beaches starting in March and then see how far I get before the winter starts again.
I have no Motorhome yet, so any suggestions will be welcome. I am looking for a 4 berth as friends and family my well hook up with me at times.
Where is the best, safest and cheapest place for a lone female to park up for the night?
Anyone have any reccomendations of fabulous places to see ( ashamed to say I have never been to Devon or Cornwall )
Any other tips would be welcome too, Thanks xx

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Welcome to FUN and I'm sure someone will be along shortly to answer your question, thats the beauty of this forum. As for the choice of motorhome, it's all down to lay out and what suits you, good luck. :xThumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi Dawn & Big Welcome , from the Isle of Wight , if you pass this way give me a shout and I will ( politely ) point you to the places of interest and cheap over night stops (safe) also cheapest ferry costs to the Island.
Terry & Ann

StefAndDi

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Near St. Austell, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ceased motorhoming 1/3/16
Exp
2010 to 2016
Hi Dawn,
Welcome to the best MH forum available. Be sure that whatever question you have somebody on here will have the answer.

You may find that a trip to the N.E.C. for the Caravan and Motorhome Show from February 17th to 22nd useful. You don't have to buy anything but it would be an opportunity to see lots of different vehicles offering a variety of layouts and features.
It may help you to decide what is going to fit your needs best.

Stef.

Oct 1, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
2 weeks! def Newbie......
from one crazy springer to another a big hello:) and welcome!!!

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi there and welcome to MHF ,glad to hear you are better now.good luck with the hunt for your motorhome ( all part of the fun).enjoy your trip :xThumb:
Brian & Jo

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Hi Dawn and welcome to Fun. :welc:
Regarding your trip, I envy you!! There is so much to see in the UK
We are on the East Sussex Coast and there is a C&CC site just opposite so if you are in the area, give us a call!!:xThumb:
John & Jan

Oct 1, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Autocruise
Exp
2 weeks! def Newbie......
Thanks Dawn!, she is fabulous and loads of fun, she adores the MH, loves to get it muddy if she can! :Eeek:

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
Dawn :welc:hope you find the perfect motorhome, take your time it will come along sometime.
member from Kent.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Smiley%20Hello.gif

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
:welc: to the mad hse :xThumb::xgrin:

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Hi Dawn and welcome to Fun from sunny (21ºC during the day!) but chilly (7ºC during the night!) Valencia, Spain!:xThumb::welc:

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
Hi, I am new to M/H Fun but it all makes interesting reading.
I am thinking of taking a year out following a major health scare this year ( new heart valve and a stroke) Anyway I am well now and want to see the UK. It will be just me and my crazy springer spaniel and I want to drive anti-clockwise aroung UK's beaches starting in March and then see how far I get before the winter starts again.
I have no Motorhome yet, so any suggestions will be welcome. I am looking for a 4 berth as friends and family my well hook up with me at times.
Where is the best, safest and cheapest place for a lone female to park up for the night?
Anyone have any reccomendations of fabulous places to see ( ashamed to say I have never been to Devon or Cornwall )
Any other tips would be welcome too, Thanks xx

Hi Dawn, likewise with the above and if your on your way to IOW or Devon give us a shout we are in Dorset, no problem with stopping on the drive overnight. Be lucky from a former Londoner.

joncris

Free Member
Jan 11, 2011
Where it matters
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano 12p +
Exp
Hi from West Dorset

As for the choice of MH I think you need to give us some idea of 1st your needs and 2nd your budget before we can give a sensible response to your question

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back