Free Member
Mar 16, 2017
Midlothian
Funster No
MH
Talbot autosleeper
Exp
I am a very newbie
Hiya all my name is Mike from Midlothian and I am a very very extreme newbie to motorhoming.
I bought an elderly talbot express and am desperate to use it but am concerned about the water tank and what to do with it, as the camper is as old as me we need time to get used to each other.I also need to understand how things work. Oh by the way I do know how to drive it :pinocchio:
I hope someone can give me advice
thanks in anticipation
Mike

OP
OP
M

miker80

Free Member
Mar 16, 2017
Midlothian
Funster No
MH
Talbot autosleeper
Exp
I am a very newbie
Thanks for the welcome HH
:mnythnks:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Your welcome Mike can't answer your water tank question but someone will be along soon to sort it for you as there are many knowable and helpful people on here (y)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Knowing how to drive it has to be a good starting point. :LOL:

Wyn

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Hi and welcome.

What is the issue with the water tank ? I dont know anything about them by the way . I fill them up with water, then the pump has to be on. When the pipes are full (turn them all on) the gurgling stops and you get a constant supply of water just like out of a normal tap) then when you turn the taps or shower off or toilet the pump goes into a sort of stand by mode and is ready to be used. I would suggest not using this water to drink from. Your pipes are probably as old as your van and you wont know the full history of them. Many of us carry a couple of 5 litre water containers for drinking water inside the van.
The excess water goes into a seperate tank and when over (or when you think you are over) a drain send the wife out to empty it.
If your concern is more than that then i cant help !!
If filling up is the issue then undo the lid at the top (probably under a seat) to allow the air to escape that you are filling up with. If you like gadgets for filling up your water with then @Minxy Girl will show you her collection. A collection which I aspire to.
If you dont get your answer on this section of the forum start a new thread with your issue in the relevant section elsewhere.
Cheers

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
The Caravan and Motorhome Club do a very good Motorhome Maneuvoring course in venues all over the country. We did one a couple of weeks ago and found it brilliant you have a whole day driving around and about in your van so can get a real feel for it. Enjoy your travels:WelcomeFlag:

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi and welcome for sunny Dumfries

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun