Free Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northants/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Hi Everyone,

I have just joined the forum as my wife and I have recently bought a motorhome, a Rapido 779M. We were caravanners back in the 90's but gave it up when storage become a pain. A recent house move means that's no longer an issue, but we didn't want to go back to lugging a caravan around especially as we're abroad several times a year, so decided an MH was the way to go. We'd been looking for about six months or so determining what sort of layout would suit our, and the Labrador's needs and we think pretty well most of our boxes have been ticked. Time will tell!

Cheers,

Phil

Jul 23, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
knaus van ti 600mg
Exp
Getting There since 2013
Hello and welcome :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Nice one.
We were caravanners for 15 years and had a MH for the last 10 months.
Can't fault it and enjoying ourselves.
Welcome.

OP
OP
PhilR

PhilR

Free Member
Sep 6, 2016
Northants/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway
Exp
Well it's just over two years ago that I wrote my original post and things have changed since.
The Rapido with fixed bed and huge locker space beneath plus the separate shower cubicle were ideal. However, the combined dining and seating area was an epic fail.
The two seater bench seats either side of the cumbersome heavy table were really uncomfortable, even after having the foam inserts replaced in both seats and backrests, it was more like sitting on a train than on a sofa at home.
Milo the Lab couldn't find anywhere to park himself and became a furry health and safety trip hazard, especially when Mrs PhilR was presiding over the cooking area.
One of my caravanning pals, when we first showed him our then pride and joy, asked for first dibs if we ever came to sell it. I mentioned to him mid way through last year that we were considering selling and he immediately offered to buy it so a deal was done and we bid it adieu last July.
A couple of months ago, after idly looking at the motorhomes on Autotrader as you do, I broached the subject of another motorhome to my wife and after we started making a list of must haves, much revised after our first experience. The main criteria being sub 6.5m long, some method of having a separate shower and a more user friendly seating area with room for our furry friend.
We toured round a few local dealerships and realised our guestimate budget needed hiking to satisfy our needs. In the end we chose a 2009 Autosleeper Broadway EL. The U shaped seating area with foldaway table would provide plenty of room for the three of us to relax in and the swing wall in the bathroom to create a separate shower seems a good compromise.
The driving environment will also be more relaxing than the old Mercedes the Rapido was built around with the more modern 2.2 Peugeot engine allied to a 6 speed gearbox with cruise control.
Just ticking down the hours now until 10.00am on Friday 1st November when we pick up our new home on wheels.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
:wb: Glad your ready to enjoy a motorhome again, have fun & here's wishing you good health to enjoy your new purchase.

Sep 10, 2019
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer camp c546
Exp
Since 2019
Hi and welcome, sounds exciting, making me smile ? ( thinking about our zebedee) recently just bought our used hymer, but love it, likes its spangley new to us ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back