Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Dont know if anyone bothers to do this any more but I a try to make soup/stock from the carcass when we have Chicken.
I've recently got a MrD so thought-seeing as we are in the van & I don't want a pot bubbling away for ages-I will try the MrD.
I brought the bones, an onion, some celery & a carrot to the boil, sealed it in.
About 90 mins later I had Chicken soup/stock. Lovely!

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I always use the carcass now for making soup/stew. However mine is done in the slow cooker. We call it hotch potch in my family as you never know what it is going to consist of - I chuck all sorts in and have found that the addition of some chopped up chorizo really enhances the flavour.

I thought about a Mr D pot but not sure I can justify the cost yet!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ok , I give up ,what are you on about, even googled it and it just comes up with an American soap(n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Ok , I give up ,what are you on about, even googled it and it just comes up with an American soap(n)
modern equivalent of a hay box cooker - get your food up to temperature, shove it in the Mr D's & it continues to slow-cook inside its insulated pot - with no gas or electricity required, so a hot meal ready when you arrive at wherever (or when you get back at the end of the day)

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Only had mine a couple of weeks, bought from a fellow Funster, really pleased it works really well, done a veggie curry, meatballs with pasta, and Somerset Pork, 10 mins in the kitchen in the morning preparing it, pop it in the pot and forget about it.
Though I have a lot more experimenting / trying out various recepies .
Two years ago @Mousy asked what I thought of them, not knowing much about them I said they are proberly just a fad, but she did buy one, after reading and hearing about them had to admit I was wrong, looking forward to using mine now when away in the van as well as at home.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stevewheel

Free Member
May 2, 2017
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail V Line 540
Exp
I'm a newbie
Another thumbs up for Mr D from us...marvellous thing. Some have said that it's not cheap (seem to recall ours was about £130 if that sounds right?) but very well made, virtually unbreakable and it works very well. Need to be a bit more adventurous recipe wise but otherwise...very satisfied customers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back