Another IH off to the US and Canada (1 Viewer)

Andrew and Shirley

Free Member
Nov 1, 2008
Alfaz Del Pi Spain
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Many
So our IH and us are off travelling for about 9 months covering Canada and the US.

We are not the first IH to do this but for us it will be a great experience.

Minor details still to sort.

Biggest headache are the dashboard fixings for the reversing camera and Dashcam. Why can’t fiat make a flat dashboard???

Cannot use the windscreen due to the nighttime blinds.

More about our travels later.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Garmin do a bean bag to sit dash top, we used one for still camera mount in the US.

SHABBINS

Free Member
May 4, 2018
sheffield
Funster No
MH
IH RD600
Exp
I also didn't like the blinds requiring the removal of satnav/dashcam so I just bolted the satnav sucker section to the top of the flip up document holder(Later Ducatos).
Check carefully for screw position(oops) before drilling as the holder release mechanism is contained within.
Benefits are: The sucker no longer drops off whilst driving due to sun heat and it is also a good position for joint navigation(are we there yet) in the centre of the dash.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Ooo lucky you. How fantastic.
I hope your going to post about your travels on here . With lots and lots of pictures of course . We will look forward to reading all about your adventures.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi from another IH owner. Please keep on posting and let us all know how you get on.
We use a bean bag thingy for the Sat Nav. Can sit it within navigators hand reach for on the go adjustments !
The dash cam, we have stuck that to a piece of Perspex attached at one end under the Ducato clip. However find that the images are not as steady as there is engine vibration through the dashboard. Gone back to sticking it on windscreen and removing at night.
Have a great time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
I have a GoPro Camera and its stuck to the top of the dashboard lift up piece. Ran a separate cable under the dash for the camera.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back