LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
im in France, I have managed to couple the iboost to the campsite wifi, but I need to get on the campsite wifi page to log in. There is no password just one of those pages you are directed to and then connect. The iPad etc goes straight on to it if I go near the reception, but this iboost thing won't. Anyone fancy buying it. I'll be at the Lincoln show in September, I've never had much luck with it.....or I might just throw it in the river. Really was a big waste of money.

laneside

Funster
Deceased RIP
Aug 14, 2009
Oradour sur Vayres
Funster No
MH
Rapido V66
Exp
nowhere near long enough
RTFM, as you must still be doing summat wrong as ours has been brilliant all over France, Spain and Portugal. The only exception that we have is getting onto Fon in France even though we have the Fon box connected at home.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Our iboost will connect to any Fon or BT network very quickly, but you need to ensure you follow the instructions carefully to make the initial connection.
You haven't pressed the reset button have you? Doing so will remove all the pre programmed settings and it will not work. If you have, it will need programming again. ( don't ask how I know.........)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
RTFM. ..Read the f..oh I get it.. yes still messing with it. Brilliant strength. Just can't get onto the campsite connect page. I've run over and screen shot the connect page to try and enter a the web page in to the browser, but still can't get to right page.

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Not pressed any resets. We'll see if it works under water. F T.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
In France go to the plage

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
When you select the campsite wifI on the I boost page from the list of hotspots available is it saying there is no password to enter ie none or is it asking for a password ..

If the coloured signal stenth indicator is flashing on and off that is usually a sign the wrong pw is entered..
There also has to be a figure for both tx and rx rates on the main page or that's another give away that you arnt connected even though it's showing good signal strength....
Andy

Last edited:
OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
It says no password, all the figures are good, Just can't get onto the wifi connect page. There s no password,,just fill in your email and connect,,much the same as most campsites in France. Rendering the iboost useless,

100brian

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
isle of man
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
since 1990
It says no password, all the figures are good, Just can't get onto the wifi connect page. There s no password,,just fill in your email and connect,,much the same as most campsites in France. Rendering the iboost useless,

Hi.
Try this select the wifi you want with the iboost
Then connect with your iphone to your iboost via wifi go to safari on iphone to see if it asks For your email and then connect if that makes sense.

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Been trying that Brian, The I boost is connected to the campsite, as it's showing all the signals etc RX TX , graphs, lights, but still can't get to the campsite wifi connect page. Anyway decided not to throw it in the river,,,,it'll do to boost the crap virgin wifi router at home',,,,,,, hopefully.

100brian

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
isle of man
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
since 1990
if the iboost is connected.
You should just use your laptop/ phone and connect to the iboost wifi then go to a web page. Does it then ask for your email details.

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
No, even though it's connected to the campsite, it doesn't give me web page to connect.,,, absolute shite piece of kit..Give it up as a bad job,, really would not recommend one of these to anybody unless they've got a degree in computers, three is working again so we're sorted.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Why don't you ask @Addie if you are doing something wrong. We used ours all over France and A few in Spain. It really is an excellent piece of kit. Make sure there is no obstruction in your view. What is the rx tx numbers etc?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
No, even though it's connected to the campsite, it doesn't give me web page to connect.,,, absolute shite piece of kit..Give it up as a bad job,, really would not recommend one of these to anybody unless they've got a degree in computers, three is working again so we're sorted.
It is possible the campsite WiFi has detected the iBoost and is blocking it. I came across this earlier this year at one site in France. My system worked on other sites but not this one. The reason I think was they had free WiFi around reception but for the rest of the site you had to subscribe. Your site may be different but this one could certainly detect what I was using.
If this is what you are experiencing then there isn't any solution I can suggest. Try it on other sites and hopefully you won't have a problem.
If you can't get it to work anywhere then you have a different issue. :)

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
That's a good point, haven't come across it myself, but I've heard of those that have, in the UK as well. It's worth asking @Addie if there is anyway of telling from the iBoost control pages if it's being blocked.

The other point is that there may be two login points at the site, low power for the free service and a different one for the site wide service. Have you looked for any other very strong signals?

Malcolm

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
im in France, I have managed to couple the iboost to the campsite wifi, but I need to get on the campsite wifi page to log in. There is no password just one of those pages you are directed to and then connect. The iPad etc goes straight on to it if I go near the reception, but this iboost thing won't. Anyone fancy buying it. I'll be at the Lincoln show in September, I've never had much luck with it.....or I might just throw it in the river. Really was a big waste of money.

Lou020,

When you buy an iBoost from us - you also get our lifetime support. When your iBoost system doesn't work as expected - I want to hear about it. I say this to everyone who buys an iBoost and this goes for everyone else reading this thread too.

We're at Malvern Motorhome Show right now - but I've still been replying to e-mails today and over the weekend, but I can't monitor all of the motorhome forums (thanks @emjaiuk and @irnbru for the tags) - please use www.motorhomewifi.com/support for a fast personal response.

The majority of campsites use a Captive Portal and the iBoost is fully compatible with this. Occasionally there is a campsite which isn't setup correctly, but it's very rare indeed.

In terms of campsites 'blocking' devices, in this scenario, you wouldn't get a signal strength and/or an IP address assigned. This isn't usually as a result of campsites blocking boosters - but of users exceeding default fair usage policies that come with a lot of portal software (of which multiple users connected via a booster have a greater chance of doing).

The first thing to try is (as per the Tip at Step 12) is to locate the DHCP Client information on the MAIN page and find the Gateway address. Try and type this address into the address bar and the login page may load. It's not always on the gateway but is more often than not. You've tried the portal address directly, which should work. Try another device, web browser (use Safari on an iPad, not Chrome) and try and load a non-https address (eg europebycamper.com). Make sure you're not running a VPN or changed your DNS to get UK content working. Look for another iBoost user on the site and ask them if they're up and running - if they are we can trace the issue.

Any other advice I would give you would be specific to your iBoost version - so please submit a support request via www.motorhomewifi.com/support and let's have a look at it. If it doesn't work somewhere else, do the same. Bring it back to me at Lincoln and I'll read the logs and rebuild it.

If you want to let me help, I'll do my very best.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
That kind of response from @Addie just reinforces why I bought an iboost with excellent back up.

It can be fickle at times, very fickle indeed. Tonight we are in Hawick and had great internet, moved the van 20 ft and zilch, moved the iboost around the back window little by little and bingo got a good enough signal to get back on. Perseverance does pay off most of the time :)

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
Thanks Adie, but exactly the same at the site in St remy the won't go onto the log in page, I'm no it whizz kid, which I think you need to be to operate the iboost, unless it's a straight forward login with password. Even in Ypres, which is just a password, it's still works better doing it straight from the iPhone, I pad, Don't want to knock the iboost , but certainly wouldn't recommend it.

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks Adie, but exactly the same at the site in St remy the won't go onto the log in page, I'm no it whizz kid, which I think you need to be to operate the iboost, unless it's a straight forward login with password. Even in Ypres, which is just a password, it's still works better doing it straight from the iPhone, I pad, Don't want to knock the iboost , but certainly wouldn't recommend it.

Lou020,

If you wish to take up our offer of support, I'm sure we can assist you. Please submit a support request via www.motorhomewifi.com/support or give me a call after the bank holiday weekend and I would be happy to talk you through it.

I'm not aware of any other customers having issues with captive portals - so I'm sure we can look to resolve it given the opportunity.

Regards,

Adam

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back