Free Member
Oct 6, 2018
Germany
Funster No
MH
Conversion: Fiat Ducato
Exp
Hi all,

I am Katja or Kat for short. I live in Germany and plan to convert a Fiat Ducato into a motor home starting summer 2019. Until now, I was rather the trekking type, but as my dog and I are both growing older, moving from ultralight to a little more comfort and less weight restrictions looks like a nice enough change :).

As some of the changes I want to implement, e.g. a wood burning stove, are quite common in the UK and almost unheard of in Germany, I hope to get some help and inspiration in this community. The idea is to convert the van into a motor home in which I can live at least for a couple of months maybe even indefinitely, so it has to become a real home and not just an accomodation for a couple of days or weeks during summer holidays. Moreover, it needs to be fit for winter camping as well.

I have so many ideas I can't wait to put into action, however, I am still in the planning phase and hope to profit from your experience.

Happy travelling!
Kat

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
:welcomesign:to the fun Kat and I am assuming that you are aware of self build forums on the internet, but this forum is THE place to be. :Grin::Grin::Grin::Grin:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
animated welcome group purple.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun