LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
thank you, I doubt if I will be out much if its too wet, afraid of falling as the underneath of my feet feel spongy all the time.

I cope fine on dry land but do have problems on soft ground lol.

it will be ok, somebodys bound to have an electric winch (coupled up to a large genny ) to pull you out:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We pay for EHU at Shepton

why not just get the show organisers to supply a big genny and just have everyone use that.
if its running then plug in if its not tough titty

We pay for EHU at Shepton like a few other RV's I know.. all have genies and prefer the EHU if we can get it. But Warners do not offer the service.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
what is parked in front of us??????

Just Ask.
Had someone ask to be near the toilet block. :Doh: Well the toilet blocks have generators running 24 / 7 . :ROFLMAO:
Last year at Lincoln the main entertainment tent we had next door had a generator running 24 / 7. :Doh:

If anyone does have a problem, let us know and we will try to solve it, we don't want any ones weekend spoilt, that does not include the noise from the A1, we cant do much about that. :winky::ROFLMAO:

Just the same with parking next to friends, if its possible then we will park you together, its a lot easier if you arrive together or when its dry........................So we may on this meet have a problem. :cry:

But if you have a request send a pm, and we will see what can be done. :thumb:

We try and park the RVs together, so if your friends have a RV and you have a ' proper economical motorhome ' and you want to park together you might be a line in front of them. ::bigsmile: Bob.

What is parked in front of us:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: ECONOMICAL MOTORHOMES:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: yea right...... I suspect I will have the usual suspects near me as usual... Bill (Landy Lover) 5ver, unless he brings stumpy.. Rick (Motor Romin) in his Brick... Gary and Barb in there Brick... and a lot of other RV's that use generators. In other words just as normal.

But Bob you make a very good point that they have generators running 24 hours for the toilet blocks and the entertainment tent... I bet someone is going to ask for that to be turned off :Sad::Sad: .. I know while the show is on:Blush:

But you will have to do something about the A1... now that will be a lot worse than a few chassis mounted quite genies in RV's .. cannot speak for the Kipors users...

Oh well, always someone has to moan about something... remember chaps we must not
laugh as loud in the day times like we did at Lincoln... up set the neighbours ... again... or sing louder than the entertainment tent (Warners).

Bob:Blush::Blush::Blush::Blush:

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
We try and park the RVs together, so if your friends have a RV and you have a ' proper economical motorhome ' and you want to park together you might be a line in front of them. ::bigsmile: Bob.

Isn't that a bit...cliquey?

I remember very well a certain rally at a show (with another club, before 'fun' was created :winky:) where parking by van type caused some very serious grumblings and dis-content...

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
funny you should say that

it will be ok, somebodys bound to have an electric winch (coupled up to a large genny ) to pull you out:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Funny you should say that... we do... the winch on the car trailer is connected to it's own battery with a take of for more power via the Sterling and in turn boosted by the 4 kw genny... simples.

But me? if I get stuck I am going to beg help from my friends.... one has the Land Rover ...with the BIG WINCH.:RollEyes:

Bob:Blush:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Isn't that a bit...cliquey?

I remember very well a certain rally at a show (with another club, before 'fun' was created :winky:) where parking by van type caused some very serious grumblings and dis-content...

Its a case of if it shuts them up, :winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I know Sonja wants to park next to us ! And what's good for the goose and all that. :ROFLMAO:

But what ever you do it happens Bryan, we have tried mixing new members with old and to be honest we found the new ones seem to get on better with other new ones, after our survey at Malvern. :winky: :ROFLMAO:

If it makes everyone's weekend better its fine by us. :thumb: Bob.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I quite like the parked as you arrive in order type thingy.

You never know who you will be next to and can end up making new friends ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Mostly we park as they come, RV- hymer-Autotrail-Fiver etc all in a line. But sometimes (esp Warners shows) the space has to be carefully managed so that everyone can get in. Putting a 36ft RV in a line of 20 foot hymers can generate a lot of wasted space as the lines get messed Putting similar sized motorhomes in the same line can help and makes best use of the space. Someone would need to be pretty small minded to read anything into that. Funsters are such a friendly bunch and we always try and have a focal point such as a marquee where people gather togther, so where your actually parked doesn't matter much:thumb:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
I quite like the parked as you arrive in order type thingy.

You never know who you will be next to and can end up making new friends ::bigsmile:

I agree Karl, and it makes life easier ::bigsmile: and many are the same, :thumb:
But if it keeps people happy, it make everyone's weekend more enjoyable. :Smile:

Its more annoying when you park them, next time you go round there they have moved. :Doh:

It better to get it right first off, but if you want to move just ask. :Smile: Bob.

Not had anyone say they don't want to park next to anyone. So you must all be happy bunnies.

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
being one of those long RV's at 45' I agree with JIM

Mostly we park as they come, RV- hymer-Autotrail-Fiver etc all in a line. But sometimes (esp Warners shows) the space has to be carefully managed so that everyone can get in. Putting a 36ft RV in a line of 20 foot hymers can generate a lot of wasted space as the lines get messed Putting similar sized motorhomes in the same line can help and makes best use of the space. Someone would need to be pretty small minded to read anything into that. Funsters are such a friendly bunch and we always try and have a focal point such as a marquee where people gather togther, so where your actually parked doesn't matter much:thumb:

I am 45' long with the trailer. I know of some RV's that are 61' long with there trailer. So as JIM says it makes sense to keep the RV's together.. worked just fine at Lincoln where the RV's were in a long line at the edge. As I arrive around the sometime at most shows and a few other RV's do, then there is a good chance we are often together.. no not a meet within a meet as has been described. We are often in the tent (if we can get in that is).. otherwise RV's have big awnings so some of us meet up and have a communal BBQ .. anyone can bring there BBQ.. if I am not wrong ..and Rick (Motor Romin) knows the number it was 11 BBQ in the line.. but we still all at times were in or outside the entertainment tent.

I have no problems with a smaller european motor home or van beside me.. just be ware I do run a generator.

The way Bob/ Jane have parked us before has never been a problem except the dung heap at Malvern.. but I think JIM was at the back of that one.

Bob:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back