Another gassed in France but with a new twist (2 Viewers)

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
drivers who get gassed mysteriously wake up with big wads of cash in there pocket
have heard a few drivers tell stories of being offered cash to turn a blind eye to a load disappearing as they sleep in the cab

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
The only believable part of this is "they were robbed", and awful and upsetting for them. Everything else, open to scrutiny
It is worth noting that CO is odourless itself, it is the bi-products of the offending omitter that is smelly. Recovery is by either oxygen ( later had in hospital, precautionary my guess) and copious fresh air. They all continued to sleep in the same "sealed box" after the robbery and wake up. Ummmmm.
It takes 4-5 hours for levels to reduce by 50% so no doubt if blood tests were taken this will prove positive! and if negative! it means the occupants did not receive any significant gas to cause the all edged symptoms.
Not worth getting het up about

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
There will be an insurance clame somewhere I guess it sounds better if you say you were gassed rather than all pissed and unconvious leaving the doors and windows open..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
With regard to the truckers being gassed the immobilizing agent is pumped into the cab through the night heater air intake which is usually located below the rear of the cab. this will only work if the heater is working on either hot or cold mode. The cubic space of the cab is of course many times smaller than a motorhome.
The motor home in question appears to be an A class with a large cubic area, you would probably need a very large tank to of gas to immobilise the occupants especially if the roof vents were open.

Embellishment for the insurance claim?

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
With regard to the truckers being gassed the immobilizing agent is pumped into the cab through the night heater air intake which is usually located below the rear of the cab. this will only work if the heater is working on either hot or cold mode. The cubic space of the cab is of course many times smaller than a motorhome.
The motor home in question appears to be an A class with a large cubic area, you would probably need a very large tank to of gas to immobilise the occupants especially if the roof vents were open.

What immobilising agent is this as the Royal College of Anaesthetists would be interested in getting hold of this gas which can, according to so many unsubstantiated claims, be used by any old scrote, knock people out in a relatively large space and never kill the victims, unlike the current gas that trained anaesthetists use which has caused deaths.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
This immobilising agent is in fact freely available.

It comes in a variety of bottles and cans and is available to anyone over the age of 18.

All supermarkets stock it in the wines, beers and spirits section.

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
This immobilising agent is in fact freely available.

It comes in a variety of bottles and cans and is available to anyone over the age of 18.

All supermarkets stock it in the wines, beers and spirits section.

Now that's is funny take a like!

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
hic,,,,hic,,,,just woke up,,,i was gassed (p****d) wife robbed me , i think as wallet empty,,,,need to claim on insurance,,,,could hear a car running and found a hose pipe outside.........Do you think the Daily Mail could help me,,,,,,,:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Bobby dazzler

Free Member
Jan 8, 2011
Debyshire
Funster No
MH
hymer c640 c class
Exp
since 2009
well that's it for me I am not gonna risk going abroad this year and stopping in nice villages and camp sites during the summer holidays.

its Britain for me 1000 pound a week for some where and hiked up prices on everything where I am stopping. I beg all you fellow travellers to sell your home on wheels and stop in Britain for the six weeks holidays the papers are just thinking of us. so glad I got a warning on the dangers of motorhoming.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
hic,,,,hic,,,,just woke up,,,i was gassed (p****d) wife robbed me , i think as wallet empty,,,,need to claim on insurance,,,,could hear a car running and found a hose pipe outside.........Do you think the Daily Mail could help me,,,,,,,:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nah. That's old news now.

You would need to say that you felt as though you had been violated.

You then need to work on a violated face for the photo.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You then need to work on a violated face for the photo.

OK........what exactly is a "violated face" - suppose that Chris Broad has one, if you've seen the cricket..........

Edit: Top-edging a pull shot into the face really isn't going to help the Desperate Dan good looks.

Last edited:

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
So there was I, with my five relatives, looking for a place to park. Time was getting on so I decided to pull into the next service station, not a problem as done it many times before. The difference this time though was it was so bloody hot and I couldn't have the windows open because the only spot i could park was inbetween two lorries who had there sodding engines running for their air con!
Hang on a minute i thought, I could run my engine and have air con seeing as all the windows are shut, I'll take the chance with my ageing exhaust, it was only an advisery on the MOT that it was blowing at the joint a bit.....
The relatives loved it and we all sat there for a while until we realised we were gassing ourselves, so we turned the engine off and all managed to sleep in no time at all, even with the windows still shut!
When we awoke we soon realised that the front passenger door had been quietly broken into and, oh my god, a few bits had been stolen.
What a berk I thought , I bet I nearly kill us all with the gas from the exhaust and to boot we got burgled as well. I know a way i can save face though, I've heard all about the gassing malarky before, so why not, and while i'm there i'll do what anyone else would do and have a few extras on the claim, luvverly!

(thought I had better add....No it wasn't really me)

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
OK........what exactly is a "violated face" - suppose that Chris Broad has one, if you've seen the cricket..........

Edit: Top-edging a pull shot into the face really isn't going to help the Desperate Dan good looks.
Stand in front of a mirror, (in the privacy of your own home). Look closely at what you see. Do you seem older these days? are the wrinkles, care lines and grooves a little deeper? Have the eyes lost the sparkle they once held??
Yes??
You have a 'violated face'.......(y)(y)

petrol tin glyn

Free Member
Jun 29, 2012
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
autotrail cheiftain
Exp
since 2006
£ 1,900 nicked in france and the van is damaged hope our insurance can stand it or we will be paying more for our little trips over the pond,victor meldrew has a saying he made famous how does it go?

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
With regard to the truckers being gassed the immobilizing agent is pumped into the cab through the night heater air intake which is usually located below the rear of the cab.

If this gas and the know-how among the unwashed existed, then that might be a way to get the gas into the truck , meanwhile..... :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well there are a lot of stories out there off it happening to lorry drivers who wake up and the trailer has been emptied

There are lot's of stories where it's used as an excuse for not waking, but no evidence exists. Truck drivers have to be heavy sleepers or they'd never sleep in their cabs at all.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Stand in front of a mirror, (in the privacy of your own home). Look closely at what you see. Do you seem older these days? are the wrinkles, care lines and grooves a little deeper? Have the eyes lost the sparkle they once held??
Yes??
Just cos it works for you don't mean it works for the rest of us :rofl::rofl:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
well that's it for me I am not gonna risk going abroad this year and stopping in nice villages and camp sites during the summer holidays.

its Britain for me 1000 pound a week for some where and hiked up prices on everything where I am stopping. I beg all you fellow travellers to sell your home on wheels and stop in Britain for the six weeks holidays the papers are just thinking of us. so glad I got a warning on the dangers of motorhoming.

well; thats the solution i reckon stay here and get robbed without being violated unless ya stay at a cc site little men in green shorts violating u :)

petrol tin glyn

Free Member
Jun 29, 2012
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
autotrail cheiftain
Exp
since 2006
There's more reports out there of this happening to lorry drivers than there is campers by the way .....its worth looking at
well theres to many of them anyway so thats allright

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Serious gassing incident at saltfleet got up Saturday morning someone had robed the drinks cabinet was empty.
Was feeling very groggy must have been gassed as I never herd them empting the cabinet.
And the cheeky buggers must have broken back in agene to fill my bucket full off empty bottle's and cans.
Gassing is the only reason for us not herring them in the van.
And they done it twice to us in the weekend got up this mooring feeling very groggy.
And another empty drinks cabinet.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Serious gassing incident at saltfleet got up Saturday morning someone had robed the drinks cabinet was empty.
Was feeling very groggy must have been gassed as I never herd them empting the cabinet.
And the cheeky buggers must have broken back in agene to fill my bucket full off empty bottle's and cans.
Gassing is the only reason for us not herring them in the van.
And they done it twice to us in the weekend got up this mooring feeling very groggy.
And another empty drinks cabinet.

Your case is easier to solve - see here: http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/bill-the-drill.90726/

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.

I don't 'do' abroad. Its sort of like foreign to my nature. (y)

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp

The cab heater air intake is for the combustion of the fuel. The air inside the cab is recirculated to the required temperature then automatically turned off.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's

I am sure that some one will be along to explain how blown air heating works
and how a night heater would blow up in there face.
If they were to pump any kind of anaesthetic gas or any thing of a volatile nature in through the combustion chamber inlet.
if the night heater intake was directly piped to the cab there would be a bigger shortage of drivers as they would all be dead from CO poisoning

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
Yes??

You know me then?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back