Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
http://tinyurl.com/k5xvw9d
Don't think you can blame anyone but the caravan driver for this one

From some of the comments on the other thread, i am sure there are some who would blame the red car for overtaking there and making the tugger think he could do the same..............:whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Depending on the length of the truck he could almost have passed the bollards on the wrong side there doesn't seem to be room to do otherwise as the road has narrowed right down when he appeared??

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Nice roller ball in the road! (y) Typical Swift, one drop of rain, and I bet it leaks in. :(:(

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
The lorry driver had only just passed the island in the road so how the tower thought he'd get out, round and in again fails me.
Bloody idiot who could have killed pedestrians and/or other motorists. Hope he/she is prosecuted.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I'm sure some of the people from the other thread will be along in a minute to say it was obviously 100% the lorry drivers fault for being born and everyone should know that tuggers have absolute right of way on all roads all the time and no laws apply to them. :doh:

Maybe all tuggers should be made to take 10000000 hours of additional training and a test costing £50000 before being allowed on the road. All the ones I've ever seen, including in the two videos, are a complete bloody menace.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
I'm sure some of the people from the other thread will be along in a minute to say it was obviously 100% the lorry drivers fault for being born and everyone should know that tuggers have absolute right of way on all roads all the time and no laws apply to them. :doh:

Maybe all tuggers should be made to take 10000000 hours of additional training and a test costing £50000 before being allowed on the road. All the ones I've ever seen, including in the two videos, are a complete bloody menace.

And I suppose all Motorhomers are excellent drivers who never make mistakes ?? Yeah right
Sorry but some Motorhome drivers are laughable in there pathetic attempts to reverse and manoeuvre there vehicles , its well seen they have little or no experience of driving anything bigger than an average family car prior to becoming Motorhome owners . Perhaps they should also have some additional training then they might just become competent drivers instead " Steering wheel attendants"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
And I suppose all Motorhomers are excellent drivers who never make mistakes ?? Yeah right
Sorry but some Motorhome drivers are laughable in there pathetic attempts to reverse and manoeuvre there vehicles , its well seen they have little or no experience of driving anything bigger than an average family car prior to becoming Motorhome owners . Perhaps they should also have some additional training then they might just become competent drivers instead " Steering wheel attendants"

Missed the point completely old boy. If you read the other thread on this subject you will see that a number of people seem to think that all professional van or HGV drivers are the scum of the earth and automatically to blame for any accident within 50 miles of their location and apparently should be shot if they wake up in the morning. My comment was aimed at those people.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
all us hgv drivers are the worst drivers in the world.

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
all us hgv drivers are the worst drivers in the world.
Absolutely, that's why hgv vehicles are responsible statistically for the fewest accidents on the road! Out ravenous behaviour if you ask me! :)

edit to add that auto correct changed my post in the most amusing way there

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Missed the point completely old boy. If you read the other thread on this subject you will see that a number of people seem to think that all professional van or HGV drivers are the scum of the earth and automatically to blame for any accident within 50 miles of their location and apparently should be shot if they wake up in the morning. My comment was aimed at those people.
Point taken , tend to get defensive when derogatory comments are made about caravanners or "Tuggers" as there often referred to by the motorhome fraternity

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Be interesting to find out how many people bother to do any kind of additional training after they pass their car licence .

Reactions: Mel

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Be interesting to find out how many people bother to do any kind of additional training after they pass their car licence .

Truthful answer not many, we do about 20/25 courses a year for additional training normally recommended by others who have done one and local caravan dealers, never by motorhome dealers, as to who was at fault the tower was at fault though the truck driver didn't appear to brake before the accident had he been using his mirrors correctly and with the oncoming truck he should have seen it coming and slammed everything on, not saying he would have missed it the tower had also lost control of the outfit when swerving back in and as I said was completely to blame, but as professional drivers we have to drive for all the nutters on the road, even then no matter how much training or experience we have how good we are we all have lapses in concentration and do stupid things at times, just most times we get away with it, the biggest problems on the roads today is a lack of patience, tailgating and lack of lane control, just my professional opinion of course.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back