Free Member
Jul 5, 2020
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoqest 155
Exp
6years
Ok I have just received this report from TDC parking!

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email,

The PSPO that is in place is not something the parking department have installed I believe this was the beach enforcement team that control this and patrol this.

At this moment in time the parking department do not have any plans to introduce any motorhome/camper van parking spaces.

Kind regards

The Parking Office

I think I am going to take the kids to the beach as I do every year in the motorhome loaded up with all the toys and have fun..
Will pay for a ticket as usual and leave a note in the windscreen with my phone number explaing we on on the beach having fun..

If I get a fine then then I'll report back..
Won't be this weekend tho as we're down in sunny Dorset..šŸ˜Ž
Come back to us with the results,if you do get a fine and contest it I would be more than happy to contribute something to your costs.šŸ˜

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
Saw this online :-

Camping​

Camping means the erecting of a tent or shelter of natural or synthetic material, preparing a sleeping bag or other bedding material for use, parking of a motor vehicle, motor home or trailer, or mooring of a vessel for the apparent purpose of overnight occupancy.

So if you do not intend to stay overnight you are not camping

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Nothing to do with the encampment of " Travellers " that had set up home on the water treatment site between Margate and Cliftonville we saw on our cliff top walk a few weekends ago ??? Possibly to stop them moving on to public area car parks when displaced from there.
Mike.
I don't think it's to stop the encampment of travellers, they will park and set up an encampment wherever and whenever they like, ok steps will be taken to get a court order to legally evict them, but by the time they've got it, the travellers are ready to move on to their next place to make a right disgusting mess of, now if you or I did it we would be clamped and an parking fine issued, no court order nonsense, they get no fine, no clamping,
No prosecution for damage or cutting of padlocks etc to gain access and we the taxpayers have to pick up the bill, all seems a bit one sided to me, a law for them and another one for us.hmmm....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Saw this online :-

Camping​

Camping means the erecting of a tent or shelter of natural or synthetic material, preparing a sleeping bag or other bedding material for use, parking of a motor vehicle, motor home or trailer, or mooring of a vessel for the apparent purpose of overnight occupancy.

So if you do not intend to stay overnight you are not camping

So fine. We now know what we can do in respect of 'camping' in National Parks in USA, but what about Thanet UK?:rolleyes::giggle:

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
It's not so bad north of the border , new park up in Ayr ( May 2021) local authority park for 17 mohomes on seafront car park. Ā£5 a night. No electric or water or toilet discharge. Public toilets 200 yards to the south. Payment by phone. All other overnight parking on esplanade now prohibitedUnited Kingdom KA7 2XW ) , 1 Blackburn Drive
I read only a few days ago of a motorhome parking facility in Scotland and the owner was saying that they have a honesty box requesting you pay Ā£5 this allows you to stay the night use the CDP point empty your grey and fill up with fresh, unfortunately on the previous night 4 motorhomes stayed and NOT ONE of them paid, and we are asking councils to provide aire type parking, well you can see how long they will lastif they ever materialise with the groups that just won't pay for Anything, look what happened at Hayling Island, according to the local council 29 .motorhomes stayed the night there and only 5 paid, the facility has now been withdrawn.

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
It's becoming the norm, Folkestone has done exactly the same

Apr 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Burstner 747-2
Exp
since 2010
Hi

nicholsong

I didn't notice the definition was a USA one but the principle remains, I have a blue badge so can park legally on double yellow lines etc (with certain provisions). The blue badge scheme does not define limitations on vehicles and I think it would be difficult to prosecute me just because I use a 8.2m motorhome. My vehicle is fitted with specalised equipment (hoist etc) I could claim discrimination if refused the same vehicle parking rights as any other road user. I try to use the same facilities as everyone else and rarely exercise my rights as a disabled person.

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Hi

nicholsong

I didn't notice the definition was a USA one but the principle remains, I have a blue badge so can park legally on double yellow lines etc (with certain provisions). The blue badge scheme does not define limitations on vehicles and I think it would be difficult to prosecute me just because I use a 8.2m motorhome. My vehicle is fitted with specalised equipment (hoist etc) I could claim discrimination if refused the same vehicle parking rights as any other road user. I try to use the same facilities as everyone else and rarely exercise my rights as a disabled person.
We have a Blue Badge too and I was wondering just how much a blue badge can "trump" the terms of signs like these.

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Iā€™ve never known ā€œTravellersā€ to take any notice of signs,road markings or authority,,they think they are a law unto themselves and ,they get away with it,,,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back