another a frame question (1 Viewer)

Jul 10, 2016
hucknall
Funster No
MH
Swift bolero 712sb
Exp
10 years
has anyone who has had an a frame fitted had any problems with obtaining car insurance on their vehicle or had a large increase in their premium after informing of the modification?

John

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
has anyone who has had an a frame fitted had any problems with obtaining car insurance on their vehicle or had a large increase in their premium after informing of the modification?

John

John

I approached my insurance company because initially they said "3rd party cover only whilst being towed". Following a lengthy discussion, when at first they said they wouldn't cover it if parked on a caravan site because it was not in the garage at home, they relented and assured me that it would be covered fully comp whist on tow, and after suggesting to them that if I towed a caravan with the car then the car would surely be covered when on a site they then agreed to what I wanted.

When the car insurance expired I went to the same broker as the van is with and (the same they put the car with the insurer was previously with) now they have put it in writing as an endorsement to the policy that the car is covered fully comp at all times but when it is being towed any third party claims would be down to the van insurers, who have always agreed to covering the car 3rd party whilst in tow.

My suggestion is to meet a broker face to face rather than doing it on the phone / internet.

Dave

EDITED to say No premium increase!

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
We use LV. Full and comprehensive cover for the van and the car and all confirmed in writing exactly as I requested. We are also covered for both vehicles while in France and Europe.

I made sure they understood fully exactly what we are doing and all of the liabilities I wanted covering..

Van 2013 AS Kemerton

Insurance for U.K. and Europe £285.0o

Toyota IQ has its own insurance which cost £110

Breakdown cover which is extremely comprehensive including recovering Both vehicles from anywhere in Europe to back home in the U.K. ..Plus we are covered for any vehicles we are travelling in whether they belong to us or not £137.00

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back