Annual UK & European Breakdown & Recovery Insurance (1 Viewer)

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Tag Axle
Exp
since 2013
This used to be part of my Comfort Motorhome Insurance for a very modest annual charge.

I am now having to look elsewhere as my new NFU insurance does not cover vans as big as mine.

I waded through an RAC quote and got to over £300 for the annual cost which seems very high.

Is anyone else in my position and if so where have you gone for cover and were any compromises involved?

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
Might be worth your looking at Nationwide's FlexPlus account - it costs £13 per month, but if you've got £2500 in the account you get 3% interest and you get travel insurance and breakdown cover too. Read the terms and conditions to see if it is relevant to you. From what I understand, the annual cost is 12 x £13 = £156, less the interest on £2500 which is £75, so for £81 a year you get travel and breakdown cover - it looks as if it covers motorhomes up to 8m long. No charge either for cash withdrawals abroad.

Elaine

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
I use Britannia rescue 180 day European cover deluxe and personal cover which is due to renew September so thank you for making me look it up

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 26, 2014
Never on the wrong road ......
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2014, before that 20 years of boating & caravanning
It's an account we're considering opening, although at the moment we have motorhome breakdown through our Safeguard insurance, and only did our travel insurance a few months ago :( Would be useful for withdrawing cash abroad though without any fees

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Get Euro cover with Green Flag for a year. Then cancel when you get home. They give full pro rata refund less about £5 admin.

GraSue

Free Member
Apr 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2000
Nationwide is no good for you as you are over 8 metres long ( otherwise it would be a good deal).
RAC Arrivals breakdown insurance through the Camping & Caravan Club should be cheaper than your quote and gives you up to 350 days abroad. Not found anyone cheaper for that length of time abroad.

GraSue

Free Member
Apr 11, 2018
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2000
Nationwide is no good for you as you are over 8 metres long ( otherwise it would be a good deal).
RAC Arrivals breakdown insurance through the Camping & Caravan Club should be cheaper than your quote and gives you up to 350 days abroad. Not found anyone cheaper for that length of time abroad.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
As above Rac with CCC should be around £150

Green Flag with CMC around £100 to cover you and spouse.

Jan 9, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
tribute T615
Exp
Since late 2015
I'm currently shopping round for breakdown cover and finding it difficult to find a good deal. Nationwide is a problem because of a medical condition. Driver Guardian looks promising but they have width/height limits of 2.55m and 3.0m respectively; Brittania are similar with limits of 2.30m and 3.0m. My motorhome is only an Autosleeper Broadway on a Peugeot chassis so it's not exactly a juggernaut at 2.32m (plus mirrors) and 3.05m. Has anybody else had problems with these restrictions or is it a case of taking a chance?

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I'm currently shopping round for breakdown cover and finding it difficult to find a good deal. Nationwide is a problem because of a medical condition. Driver Guardian looks promising but they have width/height limits of 2.55m and 3.0m respectively; Brittania are similar with limits of 2.30m and 3.0m. My motorhome is only an Autosleeper Broadway on a Peugeot chassis so it's not exactly a juggernaut at 2.32m (plus mirrors) and 3.05m. Has anybody else had problems with these restrictions or is it a case of taking a chance?
Green Flag will cover that :)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Try www.first4recovery.co.uk
We are with them, definitely cover you and half what you are quieting.
Are they any good? Hope we don't have to find out, very pleasant on the phone

Deleted User

The nationwide medical cover can be extended and medical conditions taken into account, I paid £300 extra this year for 120 day trip extension, and various medical conditions. The breakdown cover does not take into account medical conditions.

May 28, 2016
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
since 2000
we have an older triaxle heavy weight and are with driver guardian breakdown cover not the cheapest but cover vans older than ten years. we broke down in france this year they were great sorted local mechanic and kept in touch to make sure everything allright could not have been more helpfull " recommend "

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back