Annual Travel Insurance. (1 Viewer)

Aug 30, 2010
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 772f Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Am I naive or just missed a trick? Earlier today started to look around for travel insurance for my forthcoming trip to Spain, as I had used Staysure earlier in the year for my trip to France I thought this would be a good place to start so set about getting quotes for single and annual cover, after reading the policy document I came across this statement on page 13 'Trips must commence and end in your home country and a RETURN TICKET must have been booked prior to departure' horrified I telephoned to clarify this and was informed that for the insurance to be 'active' you have to have a RETURN TICKET booked with, in this case a ferry company, this is scary as I like many others return home when I feel like it ( within the insured period) anyone out there have any knowledge of this?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I was with staysure last year,. Went to Morocco and back and THEN read about this on a forum..... Luckily for me Staysure hiked up the price so i shopped about and moved to LV.. A lot cheaper, I rang to clarify and had it verbally that its okay for single trips..

A good post to remind people and for them to check their policy...

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
thanks for the info..
and maybe a timely reminder to check EHIC expiry date too, it can be renewed if only six months remaining on it and comes back within a few days..

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I have posted about this a few times, some companies do not makeit clear but a awful lot the insurance is invalid unless a return journey is booked, so definitely worth checking.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
most folk i know dont bother with it use the ehic card .
if in morocco its not that expensive even if you pay .
my mate bob had xrays two plaster cast on a broken arm for 100 quid .
dont worry their hospitals are equal to ours . and the dentists . many germans and dutch go to morocco for operations its cheaper and better than their local hospitals . if in doubt drive quickly north .

buzbybench

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20+ years
Hi can anyone advice on annual insurance policy ? We are due to go to france/Spain for two to three months. We both have pre medical conditions and quotes we are getting are over £300 ! Seems silly money!!

OP
OP
scholesman
Aug 30, 2010
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 772f Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2006
Hi, I'm with LV this year on an annual policy covering Europe,Turkey,Egypt, as many trips as you like but they must not exceed 90 days duration. I paid £195 this year but it does depend on your pre existing meds also I believe once you hit the magic age of 70 they apply another loading!

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I get an annual backpackers policy with insure and go. There are three levels of cover to choose from.

buzbybench

Free Member
Feb 13, 2015
devon
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20+ years
Thanks for help ! Have checked lv and got a good quote m many thanks !!

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Nationwide Bank account,,,extended the free insurance to 77 days multi trip,I am 71 my wife 64 both with small med problems,,cost me £70,,,,Thought it was a bargain. Used E111 in Spain before,,,excellent health care..BUSBY.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back