Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
have had my motorhome for nearly a year now and to keep the warranty valid i have to have it serviced and a habitation check done , is that correct, lowdhams have quoted me £267 for the annuaul check and this doesn,t inclube the fiat vehicle check which they said would have to be done at a fiat deal which they said might be around the same price. this means me paying out around £560 .:whatthe:
do i need both of these checks doing and if so are these prices average or far too high and if so can anybody reccomend anywhere else around the nottingham area to have this done
thanks
paulus the woodgnome.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
have had my motorhome for nearly a year now and to keep the warranty valid i have to have it serviced and a habitation check done , is that correct, lowdhams have quoted me £267 for the annuaul check and this doesn,t inclube the fiat vehicle check which they said would have to be done at a fiat deal which they said might be around the same price. this means me paying out around £560 .:whatthe:
do i need both of these checks doing and if so are these prices average or far too high and if so can anybody reccomend anywhere else around the nottingham area to have this done
thanks
paulus the woodgnome.

shop around.....it doesnt need to be done by a particular dealer....just a reputable one.

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
£267 is nothing but a rip off contact member CLS. (Swift trained) on this site he carries out home visits charges around £100 I only paid £90 for my last one. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
thankyou, i will contact this person tommorrow and as he is based in coventry he is only about an hour away from nottingham

S

strudders

Deleted User
Non dealers in West Sussex

Anybody got any good cheaper mechanics who can do proper habitation service on a Burstner in the West Sussex/Hampshire area?

Our van is not under warranty but don't want to pay £267 either! :cry:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
my supplying dealer sth yorkshire motorhomes at dinnington nr worksop are swift dealers
and charged £120 for hab check .can do any warranty work and also do the first oil service if you want it .good company worth the travel.:thumb:

warwick

Free Member
Sep 16, 2008
Funster No
Are you sure you heard correctly I had to read £267 twice to believe it, £180 is on the high side, which is what a well known dealer charges around here.

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
yes thats what they have quoted me and thanks for the advice about dinnington i know where that is and have been past the caravan place before just near the railway bridge
might give them a go

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back