Annual 60-day Trip, Travel Insurance. (1 Viewer)

sennen523

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Rhos-on-Sea, Conwy, North
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Started 2007.
Hello,
We are yet again struggling to find Travel/Medical insurance. Has anyone got any recommendations? We usually get Europe only, Annual 60-day multi-trip with some minor medical declarations. We have the new GHIC cards and are aware of the 90 day in 180 days Schengen Visa restrictions.
Currently, most on-line brokers are updating their websites presumably to cover Covid-19 cover?

Thanks,
Al

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
We went with coverforyou.com. it's underwritten by AXA. £103 for a couple with no conditions declared. Seems to include good covid cover.

There's not a lot of choice for 60 day cover.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
Mines due and have been looking round for quotes , I do have a couple of health issues. Done a comparison on a couple of sites but the best for me is All Clear (who i was with before )at around the £250 mark for 45 days , once you look at 60 days i think you will find it increases quite a lot . Another worth checking is free spirit.

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Might be worth having a look on-line at LV. They are offering annual 30 or 90 day max multi-trip cover up to age 80. They also gIve extra discount if you have motor/MoHo or house insurance with them. The on-line application is reasonably straightforward and gives you the opportunity to declare all pre-existing medical conditions before giving a quote. The levels of cover look to be sensible, including being ill with Covid whilst away. We have multi-vehicle cover for our car and MoHo, House (Buildings and Contents, extended to cover our eBikes when away) and Travel Insurance with them. On the few occasions when we have needed to contact them to clarify any cover or extend duration/amend this has been dealt with promptly with no additional premium. I have (fortunately) had no experience of making a claim with them.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Both of us are about 63 years old and use
Globelink….. 120 days cover at around £303
Not bad
For a Scot who knows the value of a pound!!!!👍🇪🇸🤣
We use staysure a year younger but £87 for annual policy and 15 months for price of 12 but only 50 days at a time.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Might be worth having a look on-line at LV. They are offering annual 30 or 90 day max multi-trip cover up to age 80. They also gIve extra discount if you have motor/MoHo or house insurance with them. The on-line application is reasonably straightforward and gives you the opportunity to declare all pre-existing medical conditions before giving a quote. The levels of cover look to be sensible, including being ill with Covid whilst away. We have multi-vehicle cover for our car and MoHo, House (Buildings and Contents, extended to cover our eBikes when away) and Travel Insurance with them. On the few occasions when we have needed to contact them to clarify any cover or extend duration/amend this has been dealt with promptly with no additional premium. I have (fortunately) had no experience of making a claim with them.
Same here. LV came up trumps again. Twelve months cover with medical conditions at £265.

Jul 7, 2021
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet.
Have a look at true traveller, designed for globetrotting backpackers but looks good value for anyone, did see this used by a couple full timing travelling around, they do cover for up to a year I think.

OP
OP
sennen523

sennen523

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Rhos-on-Sea, Conwy, North
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt.
Exp
Started 2007.
Same here. LV came up trumps again. Twelve months cover with medical conditions at £265.

Hi, thanks for the tip. Had a on-line quote from LV and is perfect for us. We usually get 60 day max trips but this is even better and £100 cheaper than The Post Office travel insurance.
Thanks. Al.

Aug 19, 2007
Stockport
Funster No
MH
Tribute 615T sport
Exp
17 years + since 2006
As i need a new annual policy i have done a comparison with some of the recommended insurers (some new to me) on the above threads.
All Clear came out at around £240 for 45 days (without cancellation ) there are a few different options to include cancellation.
L.V. premier a 60 day cover and cancellation £228 they also ask if you have had covid.
Staysure basic £267, comprehensive £297 , over 70, 35 days maximum
Globelink £365 for 60 days but wont cover my pre existing although they do cover some minor ones
Coverforyou wont insure over 70's.

So it looks like it will be LV for me also.
Incidentally the quotes are on a 73 year old and the pre medical is heart attack (16 years ago) 2 stents , irregular heartbeat, and have had covid.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We use Nationwide,,13 pounds a month plus extra for being over 70 plus extra for extension from 30 to 90 days multi trip.Only two a year now .Also covers breakdown. Think it's about 350 pounds a year including monthly fee.BUSBY.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Yep well worth looking at Nationwide, costs seem similar to the others BUT also includes full UK and European breakdown cover so a very reasonably priced complete solution 👍

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I looked at Nationwide bank account (£13 pcm) which gives breakdown cover and travel insurance (31 days) so rang to check what the cost would be to increase the duration first to 60 days = £76, then to 90 days = £129! Add that to the £156 pa for the account and it's expensive when I can get travel insurance from Asda Money for £111 (90 days) and breakdown for £81 via LV.

Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
I suppose it depends on a lot of factors. The nationwide travel insurance covers yourself AND your spouse AND your children It also covers winter sports. The additional costs also cover all the people on the policy. The breakdown cover also covers any vehicle your in, not just your motorhome and is full UK as well as European.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I looked at Nationwide bank account (£13 pcm) which gives breakdown cover and travel insurance (31 days) so rang to check what the cost would be to increase the duration first to 60 days = £76, then to 90 days = £129! Add that to the £156 pa for the account and it's expensive when I can get travel insurance from Asda Money for £111 (90 days) and breakdown for £81 via LV.
Perhaps the difference is the level of cover (world Wide) and multi trip. So that's as many 90 day trips you can fit in 12 months anywhere in the world. When I costed mine and I'm over 70 with basic medical history and needed 106 days it came to £304.17 Staysure would not cover beyond 60 days and there premuin was at least twice this for just the one trip. I have been unable to find any travel insurance that comes anywhere close to this. As others hace said Nationwide Flexi cover also covers you and your partner (if a joint account) for breakdown cover anywhere in the E.U. and includes Motorhomes up to 3.5T. You dont have to be the owner of the vehicle your in either as the cover if for the person n ot the vehicle. There are other benifits too, Phone cover etc.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
It's when you turn 70 that many won't cover you.BUSBY.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Perhaps the difference is the level of cover (world Wide) and multi trip. So that's as many 90 day trips you can fit in 12 months anywhere in the world. When I costed mine and I'm over 70 with basic medical history and needed 106 days it came to £304.17 Staysure would not cover beyond 60 days and there premuin was at least twice this for just the one trip. I have been unable to find any travel insurance that comes anywhere close to this. As others hace said Nationwide Flexi cover also covers you and your partner (if a joint account) for breakdown cover anywhere in the E.U. and includes Motorhomes up to 3.5T. You dont have to be the owner of the vehicle your in either as the cover if for the person n ot the vehicle. There are other benifits too, Phone cover etc.
When the Travel Insurance was available with the basic Nationwide Flex Account, there was an amendment made around 2019 IIRC [think MrsMay was still PM and negotiations re Days Stay were still in train] with the policy stipulating that the policyholder had to stay in UK for 180 days per annum, thus negating the Croatia/Morocco jaunt. We didn't renew the policy last year because of COVID Travel restrictions, so I don't know whether that restriction still applies. Might be worth checking the current policy T&C.

Steve

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Hi Minxy,
Not being nosey but are those premiums quoted above including any health issues or not. Thanks.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi Minxy,
Not being nosey but are those premiums quoted above including any health issues or not. Thanks.
Yes but just my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so only adds about £11 usually.

I did find some cheaper policies for travel insurance which were well under £100 before I declared my CFS but I haven't had a chance to ring them yet to do the medical declaration.

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Yes but just my Chronic Fatigue Syndrome so only adds about £11 usually.

I did find some cheaper policies for travel insurance which were well under £100 before I declared my CFS but I haven't had a chance to ring them yet to do the medical declaration.
Ok thanks for that.

Mar 14, 2019
Sutton Coldfield but East Yorkshire man at heart
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest155
Exp
Since 2018
Hello,
We are yet again struggling to find Travel/Medical insurance. Has anyone got any recommendations? We usually get Europe only, Annual 60-day multi-trip with some minor medical declarations. We have the new GHIC cards and are aware of the 90 day in 180 days Schengen Visa restrictions.
Currently, most on-line brokers are updating their websites presumably to cover Covid-19 cover?

Thanks,
Al
Do you bank with Nationwide as their Travel Insurance covers this, you need to pay the over 75 supplement of £60 per annum if that applies but not sure for new members

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back