mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
I guess an easy thing to try first is to black out the van as much as you can and see if that helps/cures it.

Ours tend to tell us that it's time to get up when they're in the van but never do at home. It's no big deal for me though because I'm an early riser anyway and they don't do it any earlier than I would normally get up. Ours love the van too and associate it with having fun so you could be right about why yours is doing it.

Two pups together is the best thing. There's only about a year between ours. It's great (y):D
Thanks Nick. I'm hoping the two of them will help. Cody is a year old a week after we pick Thornton up.. Accidental coincidence but think it will work well.

I will look at how we can black out the roof lights.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I have to get mine up.He won't move until the doors have been opened. Then later he'll slope off back to bed.:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Attila the Hen
Aug 3, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
3 years campervan, many as a tugger
That's a lovely thought, but I'm hard of hearing & Tabs is completely deaf and so soft she's liable to give any intruder a nasty lick!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
some alarms, you press button A & B at the same time to silently arm or disarm. the indicators still flash to show the alarm is acknowledging the remote

as for waking up to a blackbird, who was it? Grace Jones

OP
OP
Attila the Hen
Aug 3, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
No luck with the 2 button trick I'm afraid. Never mind, we'll do as the majority suggest & just not worry about it. Off island hoppin' on West coast of Scotland on Sunday, hopefully we won't have too many neighbours to annoy anyway. Thanks everyone!

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The number of times I have stumbled out of the van in the morning forgetting its alarmed...

Oh and then forgetting where the fob is to turn it off...

And then forgetting where my glasses are so that I can see what to do with the fob.:(

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
I will look at how we can black out the roof lights.

The silver foil bubble insulation stuff should do it.

If you cut it to size it should be stiff enough to wedge in place, will black out and provide insulation in winter and reflect sun in summer.

OP
OP
Attila the Hen
Aug 3, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
After all that kerfuffle about loud beeps when locking the van we have found 2 buttons on the dash that do the job quietly-You can still open the doors from the inside when the van is locked this way, but beware, if you shut them again without having pressed the 'unlock' button first you will be locked out if your companion isn't inside!

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
After all that kerfuffle about loud beeps when locking the van we have found 2 buttons on the dash that do the job quietly-You can still open the doors from the inside when the van is locked this way, but beware, if you shut them again without having pressed the 'unlock' button first you will be locked out if your companion isn't inside!
but the cab central locking buttons do not set the alarm

OP
OP
Attila the Hen
Aug 3, 2015
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Being firmly of the female persuasion I'm not too bothered about the alarm being set. As I'm hard of hearing and the dog is completely deaf the lock is useful though because if an intruder fell over the dog she would give him/her a nasty lick! Thanks everyone.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back