Announcement today at 4pm uk time by French PM (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I ve had to miss a bit.
I m a tad confused about the 8th June. Can i travel to France to stay in France on the 8th ? or can travel I to France in order to travel to belgium (assuming that Belgium allow us in) on the 8th ?
Or is the 15th we can travel ?

from what i understand, the main sticking point is border control that needs to be 'navigated'. at the moment it looks as though ONLY exempted people can actually enter France. There seems to be some 'leeway' though if you're travelling through France with no intention to stay, you may be able to travel, however you would need to make sure that you are allowed to cross the french border into the country you wish to get to. i didnt see any mention of required documentation after 2nd June when travelling, but as mentioned earlier, its getting through border control that will need to resolved. 2nd June is also the date set for campsites to open, though there will be restrictions in place inc no more than 10 people in a gathering.

On or around the 15th June the mainland European countries will consult each other with a view to opening the borders and allow free movement of people again, with a proposed starting date of 15th June. this date has been discussed for quite a while now so is looking more and more likely.

one hitch that seems likely is that the French have stated that any country not willing to reciprocate and who put in place restrictions on crossing their border, will have the same restrictions placed upon their citizens who wish to travel into France. The UK's decision to introduce compulsory quarantine may be reciprocated therefore

Much discussion has gone on around the French quarantine proposals. The general consensus is that it would only be a voluntary quarantine as it is seen to be at odds with the french concept of liberty, however its not clear as to whether the same 'loose' criteria would apply to non french citizens and whether the quarantine is legally enforceable.

so your trip on the 8th is not looking easy. to enter France you need to be exempt from restrictions, if youre travelling through then there seems to be some wiggle room, but Belgium may not allow you to cross ( i dont know whats happening on the french/belgium border)

i would be thinking of moving the dates back a week, until after the 15th .... the 16th seems to be a good date because you can see what decisions have been made on the 15th and either travel on the 16th or rebook a later date

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
Wow - didn't need to rant at anything that the French Prime Minister said on France 24 - well done from where I'm sitting

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
from what i understand, the main sticking point is border control that needs to be 'navigated'. at the moment it looks as though ONLY exempted people can actually enter France. There seems to be some 'leeway' though if you're travelling through France with no intention to stay, you may be able to travel, however you would need to make sure that you are allowed to cross the french border into the country you wish to get to. i didnt see any mention of required documentation after 2nd June when travelling, but as mentioned earlier, its getting through border control that will need to resolved. 2nd June is also the date set for campsites to open, though there will be restrictions in place inc no more than 10 people in a gathering.

On or around the 15th June the mainland European countries will consult each other with a view to opening the borders and allow free movement of people again, with a proposed starting date of 15th June. this date has been discussed for quite a while now so is looking more and more likely.

one hitch that seems likely is that the French have stated that any country not willing to reciprocate and who put in place restrictions on crossing their border, will have the same restrictions placed upon their citizens who wish to travel into France. The UK's decision to introduce compulsory quarantine may be reciprocated therefore

Much discussion has gone on around the French quarantine proposals. The general consensus is that it would only be a voluntary quarantine as it is seen to be at odds with the french concept of liberty, however its not clear as to whether the same 'loose' criteria would apply to non french citizens and whether the quarantine is legally enforceable.

so your trip on the 8th is not looking easy. to enter France you need to be exempt from restrictions, if youre travelling through then there seems to be some wiggle room, but Belgium may not allow you to cross ( i dont know whats happening on the french/belgium border)

i would be thinking of moving the dates back a week, until after the 15th .... the 16th seems to be a good date because you can see what decisions have been made on the 15th and either travel on the 16th or rebook a later date
I ve had time to have a look and fully concur with your views.
Harwich to Hook of Holland (Looks like the dutch accept us) on the 9th and book a campsite for 6 days and then try to work out whther to go Northern Germany on the baltic of SOuthern Germany and head Black Forest/Bavaria/Austria.

I have a complete blag for the quarantine on the way back which is a bit of "Castle Barnard" in that there are some exemptions for returning quarantine (if it exists) in that Government employees who do "policing" or essential contracting are exempt. I oversee a Home Office building. Its a long shot but I am described as a "critical" rather than "key" worker.

Worst case scenario is we get a fortnights holiday in places we would visit, but not necessarily now and it costs 250 return journey.

really appreciate your full answer.

I just cant see how Boris can keep the quarantine on after that from France, to be followed by Europe and pressure from tourist industries. Expect (hope) a withdrawal before 23rd June and we can stay for 28 days !

Wife will have to self isolate though. not a happy bunny. Never mind

OP
OP
M

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I think the UK quarantine rule will be short lived. My thoughts are it will be reviewed and rescinded around the 29th, 3 weeks after it is introduced and that even before that date, consideration will be given to harmonizing with the rest of Europe, sometime after the 15th.

If EU countries allow freedom of movement between themselves and the UK allow freedom of movement from Eire into Northern Ireland (as a political not medical decision), then the UK is allowing entry into the UK without quarantine. It doesn't seem to be a sustainable position, though Castlegate shows that doesn't seem to matter!

However I am no expert and hopefully others with greater knowledge than me will clarify anything but clear.

Going into Holland on the 8th (if allowed) and then into France on the 15th might be an option so you can return via the Tunnel?

Last edited:
May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Very happy for all those who are already on the French territory , they are now able to travel a bit further!

Hoping to meet up with who ever feels like coming. Of course I'm working during the week , but you don't need me to roam about and visit the area. I'm free during the week end as sports will not be allowed, except may be tennis and archery.
I was thinking of a little get together ... with big tables to keep social distancing...! If you like the idea....@spitfire Munchie dunnah01 elamessa or anyone else indeed!
Frankie. As our user name was mentioned we didn't receive a notification from the forum software hence this late reply.
A good idea about a little get together...

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Update on my dutch plan for the 9th.

Its a no go as holland still dont welcome us.

Changed tunnel to early on 15th but need uk quarantine lifting to make it wortwhile

And boss loved my thought process on an exemption but politely told me he couldnt support it

Jan 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
DBM 7150
Exp
Since 2016
Very happy for all those who are already on the French territory , they are now able to travel a bit further!

Hoping to meet up with who ever feels like coming. Of course I'm working during the week , but you don't need me to roam about and visit the area. I'm free during the week end as sports will not be allowed, except may be tennis and archery.
I was thinking of a little get together ... with big tables to keep social distancing...! If you like the idea....@spitfire Munchie dunnah01 elamessa or anyone else indeed!

Keep us in mind if one gets organised..

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Keep us in mind if one gets organised..

Hi!
Only dunnah01 as Spitfire, Munchie, and Elamessa, can't come for various reasons. They will come when sorted but not in a very near future.
But in any case you're most welcome. As I said, I work during the week...at home, but with rules to obey to lol, and am free on week ends as long as collective sports are not allowed on my stadium. So apparently, I have my week ends till the 23rd of June.
We can have PMs the 3 of us and see what is possible.. šŸ˜ŠšŸ˜ŠšŸ˜Š

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back