Animated Avatars (1 Viewer)

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Any of you techies have any suggestions as to why none of the animated avatars I try to upload will move? Everyone else seems to manage it! :shout:

Polite answers only please chaps :roflmto:

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Lynda,

Check the filesize of the file you are trying to upload, and that it's physical dimensions do not exceed the site limits (80 x 80 pixels I think)

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi Papa, its 80x80 pixels or below 19.5kb.....

Was trying to upload this which is well within but no luck :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• moodswing avatar.gif
    moodswing avatar.gif
    3.9 KB · Views: 81

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Okay, it works as a file as it shows ok in the post - lemme check USERCP settings

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Don't worry Linda, if they aren't polite you can always remember them when next they need urgent RV spares!!!! :ROFLMAO:

As PS said, its usually the file size that makes the difference with animated avatars, but I'm sure Bryan and others will be along soon with other advice as well.

All the best to the to you, JC and kids for 2008 and hope to see you at a meet as soon as I think our driveway is safe to leave with MH!!!!

Laurie

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Lynda,
The avatar is 100 x 100 - too big

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
I tried re-sizing it to 80 by 80, but you loose the definition of the text. There maybe some others who would have better tools than I use (mms4free) that would do a better job. Sorry :cry:

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Don't worry Linda, if they aren't polite you can always remember them when next they need urgent RV spares!!!! :ROFLMAO:

As PS said, its usually the file size that makes the difference with animated avatars, but I'm sure Bryan and others will be along soon with other advice as well.

All the best to the to you, JC and kids for 2008 and hope to see you at a meet as soon as I think our driveway is safe to leave with MH!!!!

Laurie

Hi Laurie - You'd have had a ball at Grantham, hopefully we will see you at the next one (Newark?)

Lynda,
The avatar is 100 x 100 - too big

Aaahhhhhhhhhhhh.... I see.......what it SHOULD say is 80x80 pixels AND under 19.5kb :Doh:

Thanks to you both and a very Happy New Year! :thumb:

Edit

Oops.....just checked again and it says "whichever is smaller"......missed that bit! :Blush:

Last edited by a moderator:

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
No probs Lynda. Hope to phone you in next day or so to arrange to pop over and see your vans... Keith & Sharon talked me into it :)

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
No probs Lynda. Hope to phone you in next day or so to arrange to pop over and see your vans... Keith & Sharon talked me into it :)

Keith did mention something about it :roflmto:

Anytime that suits you....we're here 24/7 :winky:

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Hi, if you are using Windows XP there is an image resizer available for free in their Powertoys.

Phil.

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Thanks Phil, I shall take a look >:)

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Linda
Shouldn't you be doing some work not messing about with animations :RollEyes:

I don't re-open till Monday, although out of the goodness of my heart I have answered several calls and emails today..........too helpful for my own good I reckon! :Doh:

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Thanks for the offer, I shall certainly bear that in mind........although I might just keep my existing one for a little while, those who know me might think it is actually quite appropriate :Blush:

Welcome to the site by the way :Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi I think you have to change them from jpeg to gif--not 100% sure as Sallytraffic from the other side did mine:thumb:
terry

OP
OP
L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Hi I think you have to change them from jpeg to gif--not 100% sure as Sallytraffic from the other side did mine:thumb:
terry

I think gifs are OK as long as the size is right Terry...........I can't go over and ask Frank as my subs just ran out and I ain't payin' a tenner for the "privilege" of posting :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi I remember Frank changed them to gifs the size was 80 x 80 hope this helps--he did sent instructions but after 3 hrs I gave up>:)
terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
This is what Frankk sent me----CLEAR AS MUD to me--i HOPE Frank does not take any offence at my posting this:thumb:
Terry you need something like photoshop.

You get a number of similar and suitably sized pictures (jpegs) no more than 80 pixels high and wide and load them into photoshop. They are then made into separate layers of the same photo. The whole thing is then saved as a single picture (.gif) during this process you get to choose how long between each layer.

If you don't have photoshop or something similar and/or you find it beyond you if you send me the pictures I'll try and make you one.

BTW its an avatar

Regards frank

Am I llowed to knick things from the other side

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

layers.jpg
Description:

Filesize: 36.24 KB
Viewed: 0 Time(s)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread