maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Got passport today with the rabies vaccine, as stated cost was 43 euros. Great team of professionals. They entered our address as camping Javea. OK with that. But the surprising thing was that they registered the expiry date and therefore the date of next booster as September 2024. Really, really happy with that. Here are the details.
That’s great news. A 3-year vaccine makes it all so much easier. (y)

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
That’s great news. A 3-year vaccine makes it all so much easier. (y)
Are the Rabies vaccines not all three years? We’ve never had one that isn’t.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2013
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
One
France are not giving EU passports unless you have been in France for 3 months . Had our dog health certificate early September and cost £150 , our other vet in our town quoted £250.
Now in Tavira, Portugal and have been to the local Vets this morning , given an EU pet passport, up to date Rabies jab, they have also registered the dog on the Portuguese system and including the vets fee the whole job was €55 so why so expensive in the UK.
It now allows us to go backwards and forwards into Europe and back again without the need for a health certificate. The passport and rabies jab lasts for 3 years - job done.
presume if in Spain you should be able to do the same !

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
France are not giving EU passports unless you have been in France for 3 months . Had our dog health certificate early September and cost £150 , our other vet in our town quoted £250.
Now in Tavira, Portugal and have been to the local Vets this morning , given an EU pet passport, up to date Rabies jab, they have also registered the dog on the Portuguese system and including the vets fee the whole job was €55 so why so expensive in the UK.
It now allows us to go backwards and forwards into Europe and back again without the need for a health certificate. The passport and rabies jab lasts for 3 years - job done.
That’s not correct. We got a French pet passport on 14th September for our dog. We had arrived in France on the 12th and returned to the U.K. on the 23rd. Nowhere near 3 months.
There are quite a few people on here making up these scare stories. All they do is worry other travellers unnecessarily.
Getting the French passport took approximately 30 minuets, granted it did cost more money but was very easy and straight forward. The dog also started her 3 yearly Rabies vaccine again as September is a good time for us to visit the area.

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
I have been following the various threads about the cost of the AHC required for our 2 dogs to enter the EU. We are hoping to travel to France and Spain in September so I thought I would enquire about the cost to provide the AHC with our Vet Beech House in Warrington part of the Willows Vet Group. £250 per dog!!! needless to say I am shopping around, I have also sent an email to the CEO of the Willow Group about their extortionate charges.
Willows vet group is very expensive, we stayed with them tho as their facility and care was very good but for an AHC would definitely try elsewhere.

Twos company

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 25, 2008
Boroughbridge
Funster No
MH
VW transporter
Exp
25+
We got our Leo’s pet passport opp raco last Friday no problems nice people to deal. With he had an extra parvovirus jab so all told 55 euros

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Not true.
we got ours 31 August down in Rochefort no problem copied all details from old uk passport includes English address 3year rabies €57

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
That’s not correct. We got a French pet passport on 14th September for our dog. We had arrived in France on the 12th and returned to the U.K. on the 23rd. Nowhere near 3 months.
There are quite a few people on here making up these scare stories. All they do is worry other travellers unnecessarily.
Getting the French passport took approximately 30 minuets, granted it did cost more money but was very easy and straight forward. The dog also started her 3 yearly Rabies vaccine again as September is a good time for us to visit the area.
There are wide variations between vets in France. Earlier this year there was apparently a French government directive sent to vets, advising them that pet passports should only be issued to dogs that were in France for over 3 months and that had been registered on the I-cad system. The point of this directive is difficult to discern. Some vets are adhering to the directive, others are just giving a Gallic shrug and issuing passports to anybody. Some vets are also asking for proof of a residential address in France.

You probably just hit lucky (albeit expensively) with the vet you used. Some people are having to try a number of French vets before finding one that will issue a pet passport.

Dec 7, 2009
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun Ti
Exp
Since Dec 2009
Not true.
we got ours 31 August down in Rochefort no problem copied all details from old uk passport includes English address 3year rabies €57
Hi Fragle

Can you give us details of the vet in Rochefort? Did you get a Rabisin booster?

Muree

Free Member
Apr 30, 2022
North Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Kitty2677
Exp
Don’t own one yet
Can I just clarify something? I’ve looked at several sites online to try to pin this down but still can’t get a definitive answer.
Can I get an EU dog passport from a vet in the UK? (would be the jab and passport)?
Do I still need an AHC if dog has EU passport, do you need AHC to get into France or to get back into UK?
All this is very confusing to a bear of little brain!
I was told you need an EU address to get a pet passport so I would check that out as

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
I was told you need an EU address to get a pet passport so I would check that out as
There is nothing in EU legislation that requires you to have an EU address in order to obtain and use an EU pet passport. The only relevant actual legislation is EU Regulation 576/2013.

Some vets, particularly in France, will say you need a local address and registration on the national database. However, no-one has been able to produce evidence of any legislation to back this up. There is an ambiguous statement on the I-cad website that seems to be the basis for some French vets reluctance to issue pet passports to non-residents. So be prepared to ring around a few vets - some (dare I say the ones that can think for themselves?) are still happy to issue pet passports to Brits.

Muree

Free Member
Apr 30, 2022
North Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Kitty2677
Exp
Don’t own one yet
There is nothing in EU legislation that requires you to have an EU address in order to obtain and use an EU pet passport. The only relevant actual legislation is EU Regulation 576/2013.

Some vets, particularly in France, will say you need a local address and registration on the national database. However, no-one has been able to produce evidence of any legislation to back this up. There is an ambiguous statement on the I-cad website that seems to be the basis for some French vets reluctance to issue pet passports to non-residents. So be prepared to ring around a few vets - some (dare I say the ones that can think for themselves?) are still happy to issue pet passports to Brits.
I must admit it was a French vet that told me this. Luckily we do have a second home in France so it made no difference to us.
They were probably just being awkward.

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
When we got our EU pet passport hubby wrote our UK postal address on it. There is nothing about address!
Ours was done in Belgium not France.

Reactions: maz
Sep 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
just looking
I have been following the various threads about the cost of the AHC required for our 2 dogs to enter the EU. We are hoping to travel to France and Spain in September so I thought I would enquire about the cost to provide the AHC with our Vet Beech House in Warrington part of the Willows Vet Group. £250 per dog!!! needless to say I am shopping around, I have also sent an email to the CEO of the Willow Group about their extortionate charges.
Hello,
I’ve just set up a service providing AHCs for £99. I have recently left my job at a corporate practice who were charging similar prices to the ones you were quoted and realised that by offering a mobile service these can be done much cheaper. I’m a registered OV.
Check out our webpage www.animalhealthcertificatesuknorth.co.uk

We are based in Leeds but are happy to travel to meet people, although there may be a delivery charge if it’s a long way, which we can discuss on an individual basis.
Many thanks
Andrew

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hello,
I’ve just set up a service providing AHCs for £99. I have recently left my job at a corporate practice who were charging similar prices to the ones you were quoted and realised that by offering a mobile service these can be done much cheaper. I’m a registered OV.

We are based in Leeds but are happy to travel to meet people, although there may be a delivery charge if it’s a long way, which we can discuss on an individual basis.
Many thanks
Andrew
Good luck with your venture however I suggest you take a serious look at the website as some of it is very difficult to read, especially the first part with the blue background.

Sep 3, 2022
Funster No
MH
just looking
Good luck with your venture however I suggest you take a serious look at the website as some of it is very difficult to read, especially the first part with the blue background.
Thank you, that’s good feed back and will take a look at it.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
Are the Rabies vaccines not all three years? We’ve never had one that isn’t.
2 year one in June -UK; 1 year July Spain; 3 year July France. Unfortunately, not all equal.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hello,

Many thanks
Andrew
Hi Andrew and good luck with your venture. (y)

Your post will soon get buried in this thread as MotorhomeFun is a busy forum. So I will start a separate thread in the Pets section, listing those vets who provide a streamlined AHC service. That way the information will be easily accessible.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back