Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
Hi has anybody had an Animal Health Certificate issued for their dog following a successful rabies blood test result?

If so can you tell me what form it took..... our vet is unsure what the certificate should look like and the government agencies are hopeless.

TIA Chris

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Try ringing South Moor vets at Ivybridge who we did the blood test with. They seem well informed. However, my guess is they will just use the section in the pet passport already used for return trips where the vet signs to say the animal is fit to travel. In theory pet passports will become invalid but i think they can be retained for recording things like the rabies injection.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
I believe that the Animal Health Certificate is unrelated to the titre test which is carried out to measure rabies antibodies. The Certificate is issued prior to travel. You need to obtain it and enter the EU country up to 10 days from the date the certificate issued.

I've got to pick my dog's passport and titre test report up from the vets. I think it will just be the report from the testing laboratory.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Hi has anybody had an Animal Health Certificate issued for their dog following a successful rabies blood test result?

If so can you tell me what form it took..... our vet is unsure what the certificate should look like and the government agencies are hopeless.

The health certificate can be downloaded from the official DEFRA website (see link below) by yourself or your Vet. You'll need one per pet.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...cats-and-ferrets-from-third-countries#history

Pete

OP
OP
chrisinplymouth

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
Try ringing South Moor vets at Ivybridge who we did the blood test with. They seem well informed. However, my guess is they will just use the section in the pet passport already used for return trips where the vet signs to say the animal is fit to travel. In theory pet passports will become invalid but i think they can be retained for recording things like the rabies injection.
Hi DBK

I am with South Moor vets he is struggling to identify what certificate to issue and where to get them. Chris

OP
OP
chrisinplymouth

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.

TIA Chris
The Health Certificate will be valid for 10 days before journey so at the moment nobody has had one as they arent required yet. All the info on the .gov.uk states they maybe required, but not in what format, just the info needed on them. They may not have produced one yet as we still do not know if the UK will be on a list 2 or Unlisted

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
It look like the link is for a form to bring a Dog into the UK from a non EU country, not to take a Dog into the EU from the UK.

The 3 documents at the beginning of the link I gave clearly shows a health certificate for pets entering the EU from non-EU countries and some territories. In Open Document, PDF & Word format.

Pete

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
It look like the link is for a form to bring a Dog into the UK from a non EU country, not to take a Dog into the EU from the UK.

It does...

It's strange that the vets seem to know so little about things.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
The 3 documents at the beginning of the link I gave clearly shows a health certificate for pets entering the EU from non-EU countries and some territories. In Open Document, PDF & Word format.

Pete

If we need a certificate when the Brexit plans are finalised then they'll produce one. At the moment we are still part of the EU and don't need one.... yet. The forms are for pets entering the UK from a non-EU country.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
If we need a certificate when the Brexit plans are finalised then they'll produce one. At the moment we are still part of the EU and don't need one.... yet. The forms are for pets entering the UK from a non-EU country.

Yes but after 29th March the UK will become either a listed or unlisted country and the form will then become applicable for taking a pet into the EU from the UK. It states at the top of the first page.
ANNEX IV Part 1 Model animal health certificate for the non-commercial movement into a Member State from a territory or third country of dogs, cats or ferrets in accordance with Article 5(1) and (2) of Regulation (EU) No 576/2013

Pete

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Yes but after 29th March the UK will become either a listed or unlisted country and the form will then become applicable for taking a pet into the EU from the UK. It states at the top of the first page.
ANNEX IV Part 1 Model animal health certificate for the non-commercial movement into a Member State from a territory or third country of dogs, cats or ferrets in accordance with Article 5(1) and (2) of Regulation (EU) No 576/2013

Pete

That may be the case or it may not, we'll have to wait and see. The original poster was asking if anyone had an Animal Health Certificate issued after a successful rabies antibody test. I was trying to explain that at the moment they are not being issued and, in any case, are separate to the rabies antibody titre test.

At the moment they are not issued as they are not required. If a time comes when they are required they would have to be obtained immediately prior to travel as they are only valid for 10 days before travel commences.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
That may be the case or it may not, we'll have to wait and see. The original poster was asking if anyone had an Animal Health Certificate issued after a successful rabies antibody test. I was trying to explain that at the moment they are not being issued and, in any case, are separate to the rabies antibody titre test.

The OP also asked if anyone could tell him what form it took, as his vet is unsure what the certificate should look like. Which is why I provided the GOV.UK site showing a link to the Animal Health Certificate in question.

Pete

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp

Pete
Whilst it states that as a title, it mentions all the way through the web page that this is a form required by the UK and to check if your country has a different form before filling out the forms from that page.
The article specified 5(1) and (2) is the restriction in number of pets to 5. :confused::confused:
If these are the forms required, I wonder why other DEFRA articles don't refer to them. They were very easy to find.:cautious::cautious:

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Whilst it states that as a title, it mentions all the way through the web page that this is a form required by the UK and to check if your country has a different form before filling out the forms from that page.
The article specified 5(1) and (2) is the restriction in number of pets to 5. :confused::confused:
If these are the forms required, I wonder why other DEFRA articles don't refer to them. They were very easy to find.:cautious::cautious:

Looking on the relevant EU website for the Non-commercial movement from non-EU countries....

https://ec.europa.eu/food/animals/pet-movement/eu-legislation/non-commercial-non-eu_en

In the paragraph Health Certificate and Declaration - the pet animal (dog, cat or ferret) must be accompanied by:
It then gives a link to the exact same form I rerred to earlier ie...

https://assets.publishing.service.g...rom-non-EU-countries-and-some-territories.pdf

It then goes on to say......
For the purpose of further movements into other Member States the certificate is valid from the date of the documentary and identity checks for a total of four months or until the date of expiry of the anti-rabies vaccination or until the conditions relating to animals less than 16 weeks old cease to apply, whichever date is earlier.
This would indicate that just the one form would suffice for all EU countries.

Whilst the form says that no more than 5 can be put on there, our vet thought that each dog may require it's own certificate, but he would find out for sure nearer the time.

Pete

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
My dogs have the titre test recorded in their passports. Just confirms the test was satisfactory and was stamped, dated, signed.
The " health certificate" or fit to travel is a different page in their passport which vet usually signs when you visit in France /Spain etc for the warming tablet. No one usually looks at that page when travelling though and of course pre Brexit no one looks at passports leaving UK.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back