Angles Mort (1 Viewer)

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Most people on here are getting the hump with this because we now have to stick gaudy signs on our expensive pride and joy. Not an unreasonable argument and it’s obvious because no one really moans about the Fiamma chevrons on bike covers mostly because we think that it may prevent someone running into the back of our pride and joy and they aren’t stuck on. For the most part these relate to left hand drive large vehicles that want to turn right and most of us have a distinct advantage in that we are more likely to be aware of a pedestrian/cyclist/motorcycle on our offside at right turns.
There are quite a lot of us lhd

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Point taken guys so actually you’re Job is more difficult then ‘over there’ but equally slightly more easy here when turning left!

Apr 12, 2020
South Lincs....
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7095DF
Exp
20+ years. Previously Hymer B654 and Hymer S660 both c/w tow-bars.
One left hand turn from our storage site was an absolute tw*t with lhd!
the junction was an obtuse left hand bend. Pull up to the white line, (not much choice in that spot), and I couldn’t see an effin thing to the right, apart from the interior! Always needed a co-driver for that…. 😡

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Most people on here are getting the hump with this because we now have to stick gaudy signs on our expensive pride and joy. Not an unreasonable argument and it’s obvious because no one really moans about the Fiamma chevrons on bike covers mostly because we think that it may prevent someone running into the back of our pride and joy and they aren’t stuck on. For the most part these relate to left hand drive large vehicles that want to turn right and most of us have a distinct advantage in that we are more likely to be aware of a pedestrian/cyclist/motorcycle on our offside at right turns.
It would be a different ballgame if I thought the stickers would make any difference.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Totally agree. How many have said ‘where did he come from’? or ‘he came out of nowhere Officer’ Actually they were always there ‘we’ just didn’t see them. My wife sitting in her mini, I showed her I could stand on the drivers side about 3-4 feet from her and she couldn’t see me. People rely too much on just mirrors.

That is why I advocate the fitting of good parabolic mirrors,(not the tiny ones at bottom, nor the stick-on ones) which give a wider view both laterally and vertically. First thing I fitted when I got my Arto.

Maybe making parabolic mirrors mandatory would avoid these problems more than signs which cyclists ignore. Once fitted they would cut down such accidents in all countries visited.

Geoff

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I think they are a good idea and would like to see extra languages included in the sign - not just French but English and German.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
I think they are a good idea and would like to see extra languages included in the sign - not just French but English and German.
Fine BUT the English Version would need to be on the other side at the rear so meaning four stickers needed not that that would be a problem EXCEPT where they WANT them positioning is hidden by our cycles and that defeats the object of the exercise

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Fine BUT the English Version would need to be on the other side at the rear so meaning four stickers needed not that that would be a problem EXCEPT where they WANT them positioning is hidden by our cycles and that defeats the object of the exercise
Personally I'd be happy with 4 stickers :)

I understand about the cycles hiding the stickers - there must be a way to overcome this!

Aug 17, 2021
Cambridge, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner TL680G
Exp
Since 2019 but before in Australia and NZ. Not used it yet in Europe. Previous keen caravanner.
For many years I have rubbed a small amount of vaseline onto the car and then removed as much as I can with a cloth before putting on a sticky GB plate. The plate the always peels off easily with no marks. You can't re-use it though. As an aside, on Amazon they sell packs of 2 (or 3) magnetic and one sticky Angles Morts signs which would then be magnetic for the doors and sticky for the GRP back of the motorhome

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back