Angle Mort again (1 Viewer)

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
So the French have gone ahead and introduced them for France, now supposing Italy, Germany, Belgium, Holland etc. decided they too want their stickers displayed in their country? Will our wings be big enough? I would have thought it would have made more sense to have an EU approved design.
Now I am home mine are in the bin.

Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
We are in France, and seen very few on m/h's I tried to order some before we left but they didn't turn up in time, we are only 8.5m tag and 5t so should be okšŸ˜

Can anyone confirm where these are to be used? Is is only "city centres"? Are ring roads such as around rouen OK? And how about when travelling through villages finding aires?

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
We came around Rouen this week no problem without I still have mine not fitted yet.
been trying to get the 80 100 110 stickers without any success no use having one without the other.
we have seen quite a few French vans with them on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
We are in France, and seen very few on m/h's I tried to order some before we left but they didn't turn up in time, we are only 8.5m tag and 5t so should be okšŸ˜

Can anyone confirm where these are to be used? Is is only "city centres"? Are ring roads such as around rouen OK? And how about when travelling through villages finding aires?
Weā€˜ve been here since early Saturday and have seen loads on French motor homes. None on other nationalities though. Although we havenā€™t seen another British Moho since leaving the area around Calais, mainly French, several Dutch and a few German.

DumfriesDik

Free Member
Nov 22, 2020
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Any updates on the stickers?

Are they being used religiously and people punished for not displaying them?

And are there plastic temporary stickers available yet?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Any updates on the stickers?

Are they being used religiously and people punished for not displaying them?

And are there plastic temporary stickers available yet?
The stickers can be temporary if you want them to be, just keep the backing paper. Ive just stuck my ordinary stickers on for the 3rd time at the French Spanish Border, they will be coming off again at the tunnel.

The design really could be better. For those unfamiliar with them its not at all clear what the message is supposed to be.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
The stickers can be temporary if you want them to be, just keep the backing paper. Ive just stuck my ordinary stickers on for the 3rd time at the French Spanish Border, they will be coming off again at the tunnel.

The design really could be better. For those unfamiliar with them its not at all clear what the message is supposed to be.

Jon

How do you stick them on with the backing paper still attached?

Geoff

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Peel the stickers off the backing paper and stick them to the vehicle but retain the backing paper and reunite them when you peel the stickers back off.

Thanks

How many times have you done that, and do you notice any deterioration in the stickiness?

Geoff

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Thanks

How many times have you done that, and do you notice any deterioration in the stickiness?

Geoff
3 times so far Geoff. And looking good so far. I do clean the areas first though.

Looking at some of the older stickers on trucks I wonder how much more faded they would be before they become even more pointless.

I'm now in France and already noticing how few of their mhs have them. I'm currently parked next to a Carthago Chic and an equally big Rapido A classes neither of which have them.

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
I may have missed a thread, although I checked. The unsightly "Angle Mort" stickers are for vehicles over 3,500 kg, like mine, which is 3850 kg. Up until now, I could swan along some of the many 3,500 kg speed restricted roads and easily be taken for a 3.5kg, as my model motorhome did make some at that weight. As soon as I stick the ugly badges on, I identify myself and must comply with 8o kph.
Sorry don't understand the issue you know your over 3500 so why do you want to deliberately flaunt the law. You obviosuly are aware of the rules/law and yet want dispensation from the forum to ignore them!

Sorry you are a guest in a foreign country either obey their laws or leave. The choice is yours.

Would add if XYZ came to the uk and did ABC guess you wouldn't be overjoyed.

Tis easy, do as you would be done by

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
My take on this is if you have them you may as well fit them. I can't imagine the French police being sympathetic to having them in the glove box and not fitted. If you don't want them on all the time jongood has the best solution.

Not worth the ag or unwanted attention from the old bill as far as I'm concerned.

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
3 times so far Geoff. And looking good so far. I do clean the areas first though.

Looking at some of the older stickers on trucks I wonder how much more faded they would be before they become even more pointless.

I'm now in France and already noticing how few of their mhs have them. I'm currently parked next to a Carthago Chic and an equally big Rapido A classes neither of which have them.
Your stickers appear to be fairly robust. Can you say where you got them precisely.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Nov 27, 2016
Notts
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
It would make more sense based on the length of a vehicle rather than weight. I am 6.5 metres and 4250kg. I need stickers. Guy behind me could be same or longer but 3500 kg and not need them. Surely I can see just as good as him and if either of us were to hit a cyclist the effect would be the same.
And before you say it is the law, yes I know but it is a stupid one, along with breathalysers. (void), headlights on permanent (void). yellow headlights (void) French being French, wont last.

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Put ours on at the Dieppe Ferry port, driven over a 1000miles and they are still sound and secure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back