angers or tours (1 Viewer)

simontheturk

Free Member
Jan 14, 2010
Funster No
Travelling to this area tomorrow, not been before, looking to stay few days, have push bikes, so would like cycle routes..any ideas, recommendations please

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Only drove around or through both places but usually on the way back from Spain so cannot help with choice. We did however stay at Camping Acacia which is only 2 or 3 miles outside Tours and I did notice that there was a cycle track alongside the Loire which would probably take you into Tours.

Mike

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I stayed at tours for a night when travelling on a school trip, I can highly recommend it as this is where I seen my first naked female up close :winky:

This won't help you in the slightest but it brought back some nice memories :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

I know that in particular circs. this may (or not) be of any use but there's a cracking municipal at Angers.

It's Camping du Lac du Maine, and as it's name suggests, there a a Lac (sic) glued onto the side of it. When we were there a couple of years ago there was a massive kayaking event going on involving clubs from far and wide. It made for a pleasurable stay.
As a bonus it takes ACSI @ 16 € with discounts for stays of more than 7 days.:thumb:

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Villandry

Just south of Tours is the Chateau de Villandry a World Heritage site, if you like gardens, chateau's, rolling countryside it's a great day out. They also provide free overnight parking for motorhomes in the car park.
Just east of Tours, (just follow the river) is Vouvray, famous for it's white wine, they also provide a small free aire. East again to Amboise wonderful chateau overlooking the river, there is an aire in the town but it's small and we didn't stay. Hope that helps a bit.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Go Angers and Saumer....:thumb:
Been a while since we went but I remember a campsite by a lake and an easy cycle to Angers.... Sure others will advise best spots along that stretch.

Tours is ok but it's a big city..... Did it once to say I have been, now it's just a passing place on route to Spain... ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

simontheturk

Free Member
Jan 14, 2010
Funster No
Well we are at camping acacia, tours.great looking place, will check out area tomorrow as heavy rain at moment....thankyou all, will be asking loads more questions as france is our 1st country then, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, montenegro, Macedonia greece, Turkey. .roll on the next couple of months.....anyone having any ideas for any of the countries, please add them and depending on Internet, will read as I go along.thankyou again

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back