Angel Paws...... (1 Viewer)

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Gemma (Angel Paws) has been gone 10 years today and we will always miss her.
Gemma you were so clever and beautiful, an amazing girl.
Wah dog.jpg

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hazel.. I've loved all my dogs but some of them are just extra special. You'll still miss Gemma in another 20 years... Hurts but a pain born of love. Big hug sunshine. Xxx

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Thank you all, she was so special and so clever.

Gemma never needed a lead apart from a long line when I trained her and when she went blind in old age.

She checked sheep with me most days, it was our walk when I lived on a working farm, she even moved sheep for me back where they had escaped from.
She would also find sheep when they were caught up in brambles and would stand with them and look at me, hence I always carried a penknife.

She took to Robert pretty much as soon as she met him and had him trained to her liking in no time...:giggler:
He was the only other person she would listen to, but if she pushed the limits with him, she knew if I stepped in she should do as asked.

She was our one in a million dog.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
& now we have Bedlam Mk3 & Bedlam Mk4 with Mk2 departing two years ago. :crying1:

Below Mk2 AKA Georgie the hound.
026.JPG

IMG_0090.JPG

Now Mk 3 AKA Gabby "Gabster"
Gabbie in Bessacarr 1.JPG

& Gus boy, Bedlam Mk4, He's like a stick of rock, sweetness all the way through.
He has stolen the heart of His aunt Sandra AKA irnbru
Gus .jpg

Gus wants his aunt Sandra. .jpg

Here's to all the animals funsters love & those whom we've lost, funsters pet club is wide & varied.

OP
OP
Mrsambulancekidd
May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Thank you all.
A sheep farmer local to me knew I had just lost a dog in tragic circumstances and nagged me to come and see his litter, I gave in and chose Gemma at only two and a half weeks of age, she had a funny little white stripe on the inside of one back leg, otherwise they all looked the same.
When the pups were five and a half weeks old the farmer phoned and said 'they are eating solids, come and get yours'.......If I hadn't picked her up I could have lost her because some farmers will just want a dog or a bitch.
I know she was young, but I am so glad I got her, she grew up strong on puppy food, farleys rusks & then free range eggs when she was a bit older. There weren't the fancy foods so much then, but she did so well.

She grew up with my other dogs and loved playing with the farm goat Nan, you would have to have seen it.
She became a strong and well balanced wee dog who NEVER let me down.

We will ALWAYS love her, we love them all.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back