Android watches (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I don't know a single thing about these but I've decided I need one. I want one that tracks me cycling does my heart rate etc etc and looks smart any recconendatios please ?

Thanks Paul

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As a gadget freak I've wanted one for ages.

But what they deliver and battery life does not stand up to scrutiny, they are not so much a smart watch but an extension to a phone, so I am still dumb watched.

Look very carefully at the spec before buying.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Paul,
I use Garmin for all my runs and can't fault it, so got Lorraine one of the Garmin Fitbits and really is a good bit of kit. You can track all your activity on your phone and even download it to Garmin Connect. Other companies are doing these style of watches and I'm sure they're all as good.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I got my wife an iwatch and its turned her into an exercise freak insisting also that she stands up for at least a minute every hour and tells her off if she hasn't done 30 minutes of exercise per day.

You have been warned:)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I've had a Microsoft band two for some time absolutely fantastic, totally lost if I don't have it on.
I would say get one with GPS mapping if you can, it is really useful...(y)

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
My son has just got himself a Samsung smart watch he tells me it is the best since sliced bread. Looks like a conventional watch but ties in with his Samsung phone...(y)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
My wife bought 2 chinese ones a while back. Got everything on them ,sync to phone ,work well. Unfortunately she doesn't use it & I don't wear a watch or can see a need for all that tat ?:D2 Both still neatly wrapped in their boxes.:LOL:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
I've never understood the smart watch craze.

Watches should be completely mechanical and preferably made in Switzerland. No electronics of any description required (y)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Are smartwatches useful or a gimmick? I have a Galaxy S7 phone, Tab A tablet and Garmin 1000 for cycling; I could record my sleep and steps but don't. I would like to record my swimming activities more accurately and it would be useful to have a vibration facility for notifications. Is Andriod Active any use?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back