chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well I have a live BT sport stream on now.. Hearts vs Hibbs... :)
The West Brom gate is listed for later...
There are some streams not working so you need the patience to search through.. I have never messed with how to add new lonks but I understand you can as and when things change..
Thanks a lot for that, seems like I'll be getting one, probably the one you sugest, thanks.

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
If I remember when i get home and totally bored I will try the sports side of things... As people know I support West Brom and as such they always tell me I know nothing... :)
West Brom, good supporters, but too many chiefs. Pulis should sort them out but dont expect pretty football.
PS I support the tractor boys and we have a manager with the same style, no time for egos or loafers.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Shuismo

Free Member
Oct 23, 2012
se london
Funster No
MH
Carthago I 47
Exp
xmas 12
ANDROID TV BOX, well we took the plunge believing we could watch Netfliks etc without having to pay a subscription, however it seems this is not so, tried today after buying the latest Smart TV Box Quad core device and no go, anybody got any experience with such boxes.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
ANDROID TV BOX, well we took the plunge believing we could watch Netfliks etc without having to pay a subscription, however it seems this is not so, tried today after buying the latest Smart TV Box Quad core device and no go, anybody got any experience with such boxes.

Netflix !! NO...
These operate via pirate streaming website..
Watched "into the woods" and "taken 3" today :)

Did you buy a fully loaded ready to go box or a cheaper program it yourself...??
I went ready done as recommended by my son, connected up and been watching films and tv series almost daily..

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995

Yes I have Android box, little complicated, but they do work well. It's to complicated to explain, I would suggest the you "Google" it and pick on of the videos that explain it all. I had a spare laptop so that I could stop the video and followed step by step.

Best of luck.....they do work.(y)

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well , I looked into this and thought iv got an android tablet that I don't use so looked into getting it on there , btw, it's nexus 7 , so googled it and found I could download a app called kodi , and have done , you then have to download other apps called Add ons but I can now get all the sky sports channels and more movies than you can shake a stick at the best addon iv found is ilive, all the premier football, some in foreign but the pictures ok , but you have got to have a fast broadband or its buffering all the time.
I also bought a chrome cast thingy for £30 and with that I can get the programs on the TV wireless but havnt tried normal tv as don't need it

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Yes It was called XBMC but the new version is called Kodi, sorry I thought that you had that on box, my mistake. Once you have that loaded look for a video on Google and bingo!

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Kodi, I understand is the new name but same thing as XBMC. ( x box media centre) which is what all this stuff is based around...
The android box puts it all in a package to just plug and play on a TV..
Sometimes it can be frustrating to search around for a link that works or you get the buffering.. Fast broadband does not always guarantee a connection as I have found some streams can be good and others for tye same film can be busy and fail to load.. You need a bit of patience....

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Some sites are now using programable routers to block these sites as they suck up all the wifi and rob everyone else of internet!

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
Yes, not a good idea to use them on a site, I would be suprised if you could as you would have a speed problem.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not interested in useing it in mh , don't watch TV on holiday anyway but was interested in watching Stoke city fc games on the tele at home and now can for free , Sky or bt sport was no good as Stoke arnt on them very often but can now get every game free, today watched the Leicester Stoke match on an American channel, stopped a couple of times but for free what do you expect, good enough for me.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Same here... Not wanting for any travel use,, This is for home viewing.. I can get films etc on my PC or ipad but prefer it direct on the TV... Keeps the Grandkids quiet as well.. :)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Looks a bit of a FAFF on but I'm going to try it when I've got some time in next few days. I have just looked at some you tube tutorials what can go wrong lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back