Android photo editor (1 Viewer)

Nov 19, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Sold up!
Exp
since 2013
Can anyone recommend an Android app for basic editing of Raw or JPeg images from my SLR whilst away touring.
Have tried a few but most seem very buggy or want to charge stupid money for the ability to save an image.
I want to download images to the tablet, do some basic editing and adjustments then save and send it to my photo sharing site Ipernity.com and or send via Whats App to my friends and kids/Gkids so that they have some idea where there old fella is.
Any recommendations will be looked at if not already discarded.

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Hi there
I use free "SNAPSEED", it's got loads of jpeg tools, but as Langtoflad said .. it is fiddly on your android screen.
I don't think it does RAW, however cloning and repairing, perspective and a host of image enhancers, crop and pen tool, it's very good but you'll need to practice with it.

OP
OP
boxtraveller
Nov 19, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Sold up!
Exp
since 2013
Is not an android screen a bit small to do any RAW editing?
Not easy but possible on a tablet.
Not looking for the finished article just possible cropping, brightness, level adjustments etc.
May well just use the jpeg for ease of use.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
boxtraveller
Nov 19, 2013
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Sold up!
Exp
since 2013
Hi there
I use free "SNAPSEED", it's got loads of jpeg tools, but as Langtoflad said .. it is fiddly on your android screen.
I don't think it does RAW, however cloning and repairing, perspective and a host of image enhancers, crop and pen tool, it's very good but you'll need to practice with it.
Have tried Snapseed but do not find it very user friendly, may look at it again, as you say practice is needed

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Google Photos offers clipping, light adjustment and some filters - but you need to be on line.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
I know it's been a while, still using photo editor? I use it for simple cropping and resizing, and blanking number plates.
The version of paint I restored on win 10 doesn't do crop, takes too long to load Gimp or photo elements (need to reinstall it eventually) .

pwilmo

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 17, 2009
Kings Lynn, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Auto Roller 747
Exp
Since 2005
Definitely Snapseed
... practice, but after 4 goes, you'll get it, android screen is really too small, but you will definitely get good results instantly.
However, very good excellent tools ...e.g.crop/ perspective/ and some very good style effects ... e.g.pop/portrait., there is even a clone tool to delete clean up bits ( it is fiddly to use, give it practice and it works for simple cleaning)
Only jpegs but very fast and free to save and share

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back