Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Hi I bought a new Cubot set it up today it went real quick and easy was well chuffed .................BUT. I then factory restord my old one and transfered my wifes stuff onto that all good happy day or so I thought. I then started playing with mine and the gallery has gone (is still have google photos backed up) but the android gallery is totaly gone no icon no nothing.

I have googled to no avail and I have searched you tube no help either so now I dont know what to do sometimes my good ideas arnt that clever thought. the wife wants new phone ill treat myself and kill 2 birds with one stone and lumberd myself with hassle. All 3 phones Cubot btw

Thanks for any help offered in advance Cheers Paul

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Cant help but this will bump it..
I had a samsung phone that i did a reset on about 3 years ago... i remember loosing all the photos i had on that... fortunately most had been backed up to a hard drive...
Couldnt explain why it happened as im sure i had reset a phone before without loosing photos...
Andy.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
I believe the Cubot support is quite good, we use their phones but have not had any problems, however friends have had issues and contacted them by email with good results, worth a try.
Cheers
Ed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Hi I bought a new Cubot set it up today it went real quick and easy was well chuffed .................BUT. I then factory restord my old one and transfered my wifes stuff onto that all good happy day or so I thought. I then started playing with mine and the gallery has gone (is still have google photos backed up) but the android gallery is totaly gone no icon no nothing.

I have googled to no avail and I have searched you tube no help either so now I dont know what to do sometimes my good ideas arnt that clever thought. the wife wants new phone ill treat myself and kill 2 birds with one stone and lumberd myself with hassle. All 3 phones Cubot btw

Have you synced your Google account with the new phone? Have you taken a photo and seen the new image in the review?

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Yes done all that bit the old gallery just isn't available anymore and I can't find it. I'm sure it was here before I deleted old phone Google photos is fine so all is not lost. It's just different and I preferred how it was.

Infact I may give this phone to the with and go back to my Cubot Max I think I prefer it.

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Yes done all that bit the old gallery just isn't available anymore and I can't find it. I'm sure it was here before I deleted old phone Google photos is fine so all is not lost. It's just different and I preferred how it was.

Infact I may give this phone to the with and go back to my Cubot Max I think I prefer it.

Can you see new photos that you have taken?

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999

Take a look at the file structure - the photos may just be in a different folder.

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Screenshot_20181227-231040.png
Can you see new photos that you have taken?
Only in the Google photos

I am missing this icon

Last edited:
OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Bit can get photos from this icon

Screenshot_20181227-230952.png

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I have come to conclusion that the gallery feature cant be included on the phone or the newer android system. I did a factory reset this morning still not there I also watched a review on utube and it wasnt showing on that phone either so just something I have to get used too I guess or find a solution

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Go into settings then apps and look through what you have. Maybe just switched off or you will have to get the app u want from the app store.
If you are saying all the photos have gone then maybe when u did the tr. to the new phone u excluded them by accident. Just restore from Google photos.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Which version of Android are you running? I have 7 Nougat allthough Gallery is present all photos are viewed through Google Photos, only things like screen shots are viewed in Gallery.

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
8.0 oreo this phone is running I have searched high and low cant find the original gallery if i get one from play store which is best one ?

I just fired up my tablet guess what no gallery I must have deleted it from google somehow but dont seam to be able to retrieve it

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have learnt to use the Google photos one.

But there are lots of gallery apps available, check out the Amazon photos app if you are a prime user.

I think the one you are happy may have been retired and replaced on the newer phone. If you cannot find it on Google Play or via an email to Cubot then you could look at other app platforms, such as Aptiode () although if you use markets other than Google Play and Amazon I would install protection such as Malwarebytes just in case.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
8.0 oreo this phone is running I have searched high and low cant find the original gallery if i get one from play store which is best one ?
Got Android 8.1.0 on my Moto G5S+ and running a gallery app from Simple Mobile Tools (v6.1.2 just updated in last couple of days) and it does for me.
Don't ask me anything else as I'm the Android luddite in chief:whistle2: (it was son who stuck it on the phone for me)!

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Cubit no longer provide that app since early 2018 so I was never going to find it oh well

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
If it's Android, the Gallery app is just a 'view'. Have a look for summat like My Files or Documents. That will have them permanently.

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
If it's Android, the Gallery app is just a 'view'. Have a look for summat like My Files or Documents. That will have them permanently.

Trust me its not on here

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I searched high and low and cubot told me this

This icon of the Gallery has been canceled in our phones those sold in 2018. And it won't be appeared any longer.
Our later versions only use the icon of Google Photo.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Only the icon has gone. It's just a shortcut to where the photos are stored.

OP
OP
PORKSTER

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Screenshot_20181229-172234.png
Only the icon has gone. It's just a shortcut to where the photos are stored.
Which I assume is google photos and has its own icon

Edited had a look around again found this but how do I find a shortcut/ icon ?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back