Android double din radio (1 Viewer)

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
I bought this one in 2016, it's still working fine.
Amazon product ASIN B016AA2EXO
Positives.
Good UI, it's android based so familiar and straightforward to use.
I've got Viamichelin, Googlemaps, Campercontact, Spotify, Facebook plus a few other apps, all work well.
Touchscreen is excellent, better than the Volkswagen system in my car.
Huge array of inputs/outputs. RCA inputs/outputs, potential for digital tv, front and rear cameras, tyre pressure monitoring, obd control, the list goes on...
I use one usb socket (on a cable) to power the dash cam, the other has a 32gb flash drive full of music connected to it.
With the addition of digital aerial, it makes a very good DAB radio.
Wifi and Bluetooth are very capable, as is the hands-free phone.
Truck navigation is as good as any other system I've tried.

Negatives
Internal memory isn't huge, so most apps are stored on a micro-sd card.
Sound quality not as good as the Alpine unit it replaced but still perfectly acceptable.
Dimensions are not exactly 'double din', although that might be specific to this unit...
Wiring loom needed modifying to bypass ignition on/off (like most head units tbf)

My unit is 'mechless' (no cd). I bought because it's not as deep as a standard head unit. However, with so many connections on the back it's still chunky and quite a tight fit.
I haven't tried updating the navigation maps, so no idea if that's straightforward or even possible.
Can't fault it for the price paid, I suspect the latest versions are even better (y)

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
I'm on the verge of buying this one as it's a direct replacement for our current factory unit and hooks up to all the original wiring harness and steering wheel controls.
Would be great if anyone that's fitted one of these can say ya or na if their any good, but on the face of it it looks worth a punt.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...572.html?spm=2114.12010108.0.0.3a685b9bNUJA3u

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
weve got one in ours generally its a case of you get what you pay for if your expecting it to run like the latest phone youll be dissapointed
sound is ok radio is fine we play from usb sticks so had to route leads to front of dash the real let down is the touch screen which is much like a cheap phone by todays levels and because its mounted more or less flat can be a bit dificult to operate
we run tom tom go on ours which we pay for yearly we had sygic but found it got us lost in france a few times

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Just fitted this in our 2013 Auto-trail to replace the cr** it came with. Wanted to replicate the full functionality.
Seems to be working well.
They also do cheaper units with less functionality that may be of interest to yourself.

Sep 24, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
Coach build low profile
Exp
Since 2012
Hi,

I have fitted the exact model as in the pic, very pleased with it but the steering wheel function for answering/hanging up the phone doesn't work and despite clicking on the radio timer for when switching off, the unit shuts down immediately. Still corresponding with the seller to try to get answers to rectify this.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back