Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Hi all
I have bought and installed a new android based radio unit. All is working fine but I have a query about one of the connecting wires.
this is probably a long shot but does anyone know what the cable names “Ducato Low” does? It is obviously an optional connection as it’s got a joint connector on it…

BF7A9E92-103F-4A47-AAE4-DCC58F800988.jpeg
Thanks

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
At a guess it's a signal wire that goes to earth when the ignition is on.
Got something similar on my tracker for positive or negative door switches. Dont know what it is on ducato door open switches never used it.
I am sure someone will be along to give u the correct information shortly.

OP
OP
RichardB
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Thanks. Another strange thing is radio displays when the cab doors are open but there the wrong way round - left open for drivers door and right open for passenger - it’s like it thinks it’s a left hand drive car and I can’t see how to change it!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
RichardB
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Quick update to this, the orange and red wires come from the radio connector as pictures, and when you join the plug.socket they go to the radio connector and pins 3 and 13 marked on the instructions as ILLUMI and ACC
At the same time there are orange and red wires to the same connector that are coming from the CANBUS box on the wiring loom..

Connected or unconnected I can't work out what this is for...The only thing that the radio won't do is stay on - as soon as turn off the ignition it powers off - there is a setting on the radio for it to stay on for varying lengths of time - I've got it set to and hour but it still goes off. Ideally I want it to be able to come and off all the time but not sure if I can just put a permanent live feed on pin 13 and have done with it...Any ideas anyone?

IMG_0107.jpeg

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
I have a fused and switched live feed from the veh battery direct to the red and yellow on the radio so no battery drain unless on.
Switch it on when ever I want. Downside is that the station memory dont work but I have digital radio receiver DAB that plays through the head which I use instead.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I have a fused and switched live feed from the veh battery direct to the red and yellow on the radio so no battery drain unless on.
Switch it on when ever I want. Downside is that the station memory dont work but I have digital radio receiver DAB that plays through the head which I use instead.
You only need to switch the power feed the memory supply takes naff all just a few millamps, it can be either the red or yellow varies between manufacturers.

OP
OP
RichardB
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
Thanks all. Now sorted, I’ve linked the red to leisure battery and it’s now on all the time.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back