Free Member
Aug 18, 2012
rct
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
Hi all, we are embarking on our fourth trip to France at the end of august, we are going all the way down to the pyrenees this time, can anyone give me any advice on shopping and stopping there please.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Andorra is a horrible place and be prepared for horrendous queues, both in and out.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We didn't find it particularly pleasant to visit and there certainly weren't any duty free bargains. Also be aware that if you are a smoker and are looking to buy cigs in bulk, the border agencies were taking duty payment or confiscating cigarettes over the permitted quantities.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Andorra is a horrible place and be prepared for horrendous queues, both in and out.

Quite so.

If you are prepared to queue for an hour or three on the French side, (Spanish side not usually too bad) then off you go.

Andorra Le Ville is a dump and you are only allowed normal Duty Free allowance out.

Fuel is cheaper but not as cheap as you might expect.

Personally I would not bother from the French side, but do go sometimes from the Spanish side.

:Cool:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
We didn't find it particularly pleasant to visit and there certainly weren't any duty free bargains. Also be aware that if you are a smoker and are looking to buy cigs in bulk, the border agencies were taking duty payment or confiscating cigarettes over the permitted quantities.

Whiskey is cheap as are Fags but Wine and beer is dearer than Spain.

:Cool:

OP
OP
S

starsky

Free Member
Aug 18, 2012
rct
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
O,

That's got me rethinking :) thanks

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Queues are horrendous and not really much of a place when you're there, ok in the winter for some easy / learner skiing but not worth the bother, never found it particularly cheap either.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
When I was a smoker, I used to go there once a month (more precisely at PAS DE LA CASA) which is just about the same and indeed not a charming place . Just shops shops and a few more shops, a few bars/restaurants and horrible industrial sight . It's all grey and except when covered in snow, you won't be taking pics.

Bargains there, well to me most certainly !!!

A packet of 20 ciggies here is probably next to 7 euros for the cheapest.
200 ciggies there same trade will be around 50% of the French price! So if some didn't find it was a bargain , well this is most surprising! And alcohol are cheap too from 1/3 to 1/2 of French prices.

So to sum it up: If you want to buy cheap stuff, it's the right place
If you want to tour the place .... pffff forget it , not worth a penny!

Now if you don't want to queue when going back : Either you get there in the early hours and go back at about 1.30pm local time . It's lunch time and I've never seen any Spanish missing it::bigsmile::winky:.... you just get through in no time .

Or the other way round : you get there early afternoon, and go back after dinner time!

Now don't forget you can be stopped and end up having your whole night packing all up again.

Errrr, I do prefer Pas de la casa to Andorra, and yes nice view when getting there

Enjoy!

Frankie:Cool:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back