LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Just before we go - this is the invite - the girl did well getting us all a mention!
909F2E74-FBDB-410C-8B66-8C0CA211F6B4.jpeg

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Evening Funsters. I have been very remiss in my posting efforts, so I will attempt to catch up now.

El Cisne was very entertaining as usual. Fredfox Jacqui and Barry bagged seats for us all and we enjoyed the singer and then the brilliant Flamenco dancers.

We moved on next door and enjoyed a cider in the sunshine, before walking back to the vans.

The Corner Bar was our evening destination, where we came close to winning the quiz again, but just missed out on first place by 5 points.

Goodness only knows where Ashley, the host gets the picture questions from, but we did well to get 11 out of the 25!

On Friday, the sun was out again, so we cycled to Villajoyosa, but true to form we never found it, and after walking around La Cala Cove we cycled back into the town and stopped at Pizza in The Sky Square for the 6 Tapas deal.

I went veggie, but wished I hadn’t - tinned mushrooms in a distinctly non garlic garlic butter, a very non ham ham croquette and a small dish of paella, with what I thought was a chunk of fish on top. It tasted like fish, but upon asking the owner, what type of fish it was he said ‘no fish, it chicken!’

And I thought everything was supposed to taste like chicken!

As it was our 44th wedding Anniversary on Friday 31st, we wandered down to Villasol bar to celebrate that and to mark Brexit Day. People neither celebrated nor mourned the day, but enjoyed the late afternoon sunshine on the balcony, before moving indoors to fail at the Music Quiz!

Jacqui invited Pauline and I to join her at the La Torretta Keep Fit session the following day. So we were up and at Torretta raring to go at 10.30.

Chris the instructor was glad to see newcomers there, and she set off at a cracking pace.

We enjoyed the session, and Jacqui said Chris had never pushed them that hard before. I thought Chris must have been trying to impress us .....

Imagine my horror when Jacqui texted me to say that Chris had collapsed on her way back, nearly passing out and had to be helped back to her van!

I blame quickweh Pauline. We had our own Handsome Julio until he broke his leg in an Aquafit session of which Pauline was partaking.

We then find another instructor and she tries to impress the very active Pauline so much that she collapses in a faint!

We’ve heard there’s a fitness programme at El Raco, so we’re going there next week, to see if we can take that instructor out too and Pauline will make it a hat trick!

We walked up to the Pagoda at the end of Levante beach and then back to the van for a sunbathe, before heading up to Casa Pepe’s to celebrate toledo Dave’s birthday.

We all had a lovely Spanish meal and I think Dave enjoyed his pre-birthday celebrations.

Some of us moved on to Beer Friends to carry on the party with Polly and Dave, before wandering home in the early hours. Happy Birthday for tomorrow Dave x

Today has been much more laid back. After watching the Australian Open Tennis final, we walked down to the Market, before coming back to sit in the sun again.

The Dutch Rally that is moving on tomorrow we’re at their loudest, whilst they hung out mountains of washing, dumped mountains of plastic bottles, and held their own version of ‘Flag’ in the emergency exit area... :rolleyes:

It will be quieter once they’ve moved on tomorrow .....

We are walking to the Lighthouse at Albir tomorrow - the quickweh s are in charge, so fingers crossed we all get back in one piece and Pauline doesn’t get her hat trick!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Evening Funsters. I have been very remiss in my posting efforts, so I will attempt to catch up now.

El Cisne was very entertaining as usual. Fredfox Jacqui and Barry bagged seats for us all and we enjoyed the singer and then the brilliant Flamenco dancers.

We moved on next door and enjoyed a cider in the sunshine, before walking back to the vans.

The Corner Bar was our evening destination, where we came close to winning the quiz again, but just missed out on first place by 5 points.

Goodness only knows where Ashley, the host gets the picture questions from, but we did well to get 11 out of the 25!

On Friday, the sun was out again, so we cycled to Villajoyosa, but true to form we never found it, and after walking around La Cala Cove we cycled back into the town and stopped at Pizza in The Sky Square for the 6 Tapas deal.

I went veggie, but wished I hadn’t - tinned mushrooms in a distinctly non garlic garlic butter, a very non ham ham croquette and a small dish of paella, with what I thought was a chunk of fish on top. It tasted like fish, but upon asking the owner, what type of fish it was he said ‘no fish, it chicken!’

And I thought everything was supposed to taste like chicken!

As it was our 44th wedding Anniversary on Friday 31st, we wandered down to Villasol bar to celebrate that and to mark Brexit Day. People neither celebrated nor mourned the day, but enjoyed the late afternoon sunshine on the balcony, before moving indoors to fail at the Music Quiz!

Jacqui invited Pauline and I to join her at the La Torretta Keep Fit session the following day. So we were up and at Torretta raring to go at 10.30.

Chris the instructor was glad to see newcomers there, and she set off at a cracking pace.

We enjoyed the session, and Jacqui said Chris had never pushed them that hard before. I thought Chris must have been trying to impress us .....

Imagine my horror when Jacqui texted me to say that Chris had collapsed on her way back, nearly passing out and had to be helped back to her van!

I blame quickweh Pauline. We had our own Handsome Julio until he broke his leg in an Aquafit session of which Pauline was partaking.

We then find another instructor and she tries to impress the very active Pauline so much that she collapses in a faint!

We’ve heard there’s a fitness programme at El Raco, so we’re going there next week, to see if we can take that instructor out too and Pauline will make it a hat trick!

We walked up to the Pagoda at the end of Levante beach and then back to the van for a sunbathe, before heading up to Casa Pepe’s to celebrate toledo Dave’s birthday.

We all had a lovely Spanish meal and I think Dave enjoyed his pre-birthday celebrations.

Some of us moved on to Beer Friends to carry on the party with Polly and Dave, before wandering home in the early hours. Happy Birthday for tomorrow Dave x

Today has been much more laid back. After watching the Australian Open Tennis final, we walked down to the Market, before coming back to sit in the sun again.

The Dutch Rally that is moving on tomorrow we’re at their loudest, whilst they hung out mountains of washing, dumped mountains of plastic bottles, and held their own version of ‘Flag’ in the emergency exit area... :rolleyes:

It will be quieter once they’ve moved on tomorrow .....

We are walking to the Lighthouse at Albir tomorrow - the quickweh s are in charge, so fingers crossed we all get back in one piece and Pauline doesn’t get her hat trick!

Are you walking over the top from Benidorm?
It's a beautiful walk but pretty hard going.
Good luck!

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We’re catching the bus tomorrow, and starting from Albir, but in the absence of a Keep Fit Torture Master, we may investigate walking over the top for another day!

Cheat

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Believe me I have very many times but yet to see a fit person on it.
Oi ya cheeky Oik. ? ............. ?

Actually, there was a couple of fit birds on the bus back. ?

Cheers,

Jock. ?

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We are finally in Spain and sunshine...

B9B73865-6B6A-43B6-8496-EDE21233E6EE.jpeg

currently at Fontillas near Tudela staying at an olive oil farm...dare not mention the 5lts of Greek olive oil we have on board for you!

7BF35CBB-11A1-4272-B9D9-7D8365449E78.jpeg

you all sound unbelievably active.. I hope you won’t be expecting me to join in?!

haven’t worked out where we are staying yet but should be in Beni Wednesday...will you be free?!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Well all, a lazy couple of days - and then today!

I was all set to be up and out at 9.15am today to meet quickweh Pauline for Keep Fit, when at 8.00am I get a Whatsapp from our Entertainments Manager and Exercise Empresario Julio to say he’s out of action for the foreseeable future because of a broken leg!

Apparently, he broke it going down the steps at Aquafit (I told Pauline it was an Extreme Sport and not for me, and I was proved right!)

Mildly disappointed at missing out on the exercise session, I got on the scales - after all the torture I’d undergone last week, I’d put a bleedin pound ON! :mad:

With the red mist still in my eyes, I said ‘Come on, we’re walking up to The Cross’.

So we did.

View attachment 359884
View attachment 359883
View attachment 359885

and not only that, we walked back down and along to the Old Town, where we forsook our family, single tapas bar (that wouldn’t have done the job today) and went to Pizza In The Sky Square for a Jurra of Cerveza and 6 Tapas!

Sustained by 2 x Chorizo on bread, 2 x Battered Prawns and Calamari, Patatas Bravas, Black Pudding and Jalapeño on Bread, we walked back to collapse in the sun outside the van.

20,495 steps in total, and almost half of it up a mountainside!

We threw beef, veg, and beans in the slow cooker, showered and staggered down to the bar to sit on the terrace and catch up with Funsters.

A lovely couple of hours was spent discussing the fillings and the differing ways of eating a baguette.

I admitted (after over 40 years of slicing baguettes) to only finding out last year in Beni, the correct way of slicing a baguette to get the elongated slices. I had always ‘undercut’ the slices horizontally- thereby ending up with uneven, rubbishy slices.

I watched the owner of our ‘second’ family tapas bar (which is closed this year for a refurb :crying:) hold the baguette and slice it vertically down at an angle - thereby getting uniform, perfect elongated slices) it was truly a revelation!

Jock just happened to have bought a French stick, but was reluctant to let me demonstrate my revelation. Rita said he was very particular about his French Stick, and shock horror, she let it slip that they CUT THE ENDS OFF AND THROW THEM AWAY!!!!

On that bombshell we all dispersed to rest and recuperate before a walk to Cisne Market tomorrow and the Quiz tomorrow night.

What a lovely day we’ve had - more to come tomorrow!
Photos of you slicing your baguette next time please as I couldn’t really imagine said cutting!!?

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well, what a lovely day we’ve had today!

We were up bright and early, and with standing room only, an intrepid gang of Funsters rode the white knuckle ride that is the No 10 from Beni to Albir.

We arrived in Albir, and our group was joined by Ukbandit Lyn and Graham, who luckily had their two dogs, so were unable to ride the Bus of Doom, and had to take the far safer mode of transport - their lekky bikes!

We had a lovely sunny walk up the path. Jock and Shirley forging ahead, the rest of us power walking, yomping, strolling, positively dawdling to the lighthouse at the top.

The views were as gorgeous as last year.

EDB09F8B-004C-49AE-8CD6-125A2AD2DCEE.jpeg

2F0D05BB-286E-4491-A2DD-F61A951961C0.jpeg

762EA023-A49B-4DD4-8D74-06B696D06DA5.jpeg

2A6A0E11-8A5C-4CF3-BD5C-7F230911AED0.jpeg

quickweh Mike and I stopped on the way back down and searched for a Geocache, but without success, so we gave up and joined the gang at the Orange Tree for a cool beer and assorted lunch snacks. The home made chips and aioli were delicious!

We survived the Big Dipper thrill ride home, and after putting a curry in the slow cooker, wandered over to Torretta to visit Jaws John, Maureen and My Gorgeous Boy Dillon, and to drop a Birthday card off for toledo Dave, who true to form was off somewhere setting up a karaoke set!

After sitting in the waining afternoon sunshine, sipping a cool Rose, and chatting to Funsters, we cycled back to a perfectly cooked Butter Chicken.

A perfect day.

Tomorrow starts with Keep Fit With Chris, who after last week’s session with the smiling assassin quickweh Pauline, will hopefully make it there and back without collapsing in a faint.

As you can see Pauline is keeping her fluids up, and looks as though butter wouldn’t melt .....
59D6E479-1607-403B-B3B6-8EB95EF25A41.jpeg

Handsome Julio and Collapsing Christine know different .... :rofl:

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
A lovely couple of days here - we got through the Keep Fit session yesterday, and our replacement fitness guru Christine survived, so much so that she was at Villasol bar, later in the day shaking her stuff, and clearly happy that she had got through her gruelling session, and could go home to the UK for multiple hospital appointments with her head held high!

Fast forward to today. Our Little ‘Un had a job interview at 10.30am for the post of Snr Mental Health Nurse.
A grade up from where he is now, in the same Crisis Team, which he loves. I was nervous about the outcome, and so got up and cleaned the inside of the van from back to front.

Within the hour he rang to say he had got the job. After congratulating him, I said I had been nervous and, as usual in such situations, I had been cleaning to take my mind off it.

‘Blimey Mum, you must be the most laid back person I know at home then .... ‘

I told him that even a Snr Psychiatric Nurse isn’t too big to get a slap from his mum!

With happy hearts we wandered off to town for a walk, and we’re just about to head home, when Dawn Mousy texted to say they wouldn’t arrive until 5.00pm. I decided to join the girls at The Ambassador for a game of Bingo.

Let me tell you Funsters - it is NOTHING like Bingo at Funster Meets!

People take it so seriously! We were admonished for talking loudly, and quickweh Pauline pushed her chair back, in the path of a lady who was just about to sip her Baileys, and narrowly missed breaking her teeth on the glass and wearing the Baileys down her front! She was not impressed!

The allocation of cards was very random, and in 4 games I was given 6, 2 lots of 9, and after saying I loved Al Martino (who was playing on the iPad at the time) 12 cards!

The speed of calling was fast, only slowing down on the no 25 when he ran round the room with a bell singing ‘Jingles Bell’ !

He did stop halfway through to collect his washing from the hotel machine, and giving us a chance to catch our breath!

Dawn and Martin arrived later in the day and we had a lovely meal at Duettos, before dropping in at Beer Friends to have a drink with Funsters.

Another lovely day in Beni!

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
We’ve had a lovely few days with The Mousy s, who have now moved South heading towards Maroc.

We’ve narrowed down MOTG wedding outfits to the colour, fit and material- none of which exist in Spain, so I’m taking it to the wire girls, and waiting for Dawn to return to the UK in April, when we will go shopping in Bath, Bristol, or Cardiff.

I tried on one dress in The Old Town that definitely had the twirl effect for dancing, but wasn't too flattering on hips and bust- however the colour was stunning - so at least I know what I should be looking for - an electricky, bright, pale, greeny blue with hints of aqua-marine, but not dark enough to be turquoise - easy peasy!

We’re thinking Phase Eight - unless you girls know different .....

It really was lovely to catch up with them both, Our Funster Besties, brought together by chairs, and kept together by laughter, love and shared experiences.

After a lovely breakfast at The Coconut Cafe (thanks to the recommendation of The quickweh s) we cuddled with Millie and waved them on their way.

Amidst all the tapas eating, Chinese and Italian meals, coffee and cake munching with the Mousy’s, I have been keeping fit with my very own pocket rocket, smiling assassin quickweh Pauline, whose been very good and hasn’t (as yet, but there’s always time) broken our stand in Keep Fit gurus, Jane and Maz.

We did the Circle of Torture this morning, and Zumba this afternoon.

We have tomorrow off, and the news is that Elvis is in the Building - at The Flash Hotel - so we intend to worship at the Feet Of The King - I’ll let you know if He Has A Wooden Heart, if He Can Really Make A Jailhouse Rock, and if he can make Hawaii Blue!

Hasta La Manana Mis Amigos! Xx

Last edited:
OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well, what a Brillo Soap Pads Day we had yesterday!

First stop - The Market. Absolutely packed, We bought oranges, kiwis, but sadly no mucho picante poco pimientos! ? Does anyone know where we can buy Scotch Bonnets?

After taking our produce back to the van, we walked down to The Flash Hotel (I thought Fredfox Jacqui was referring to the very flash Hotel Helios, but she was actually referring to The Flash Hotel, which was a long way from the flash Hotel Helios...) but no matter, Google Maps got us there, and Cliff left me in the care of Jacqui and quickweh Pauline, but with no instruction on how Happy Hour worked! I went to the bar (a first for me in Beni) and asked for 2 Magners Happy Hour Style. I was told in no uncertain terms that The Amber Nectar was not included in HH and it was San Miguel, Vodka or Nada! Two pints of San Miguel it is then!

Dunworkin Sue had joined us by then, and we sat back, waiting to be entertained- and entertained we were!

Elvis was not only in the building, he was ROCKIN it! An absolutely brilliant, energetic show, with Victor’s Velvety Vocals, taking us through The Vegas Years - I still find it hard to believe that you can see this much talent - for free! Forget the tribute - the voices on their own can hold up against any others!

Safe to say we were his most enthusiastic audience, and I think he appreciated our input! Although he did have a very active audience on the pavement - you can always be more active if you’re getting a show for Absolutely nothing!

We moved on from there to Idols, a Karaoke Bar A La Wheeltappers and Shunters - Another wise choice Jacs!

Shy as I am, I put two slips in, and one was picked out.

The audience were all falling into a Matt Munro (who I adore) slumber, and it was all feeling a little Amalfi Coast, Audrey Hepburn, On Days Like This, snoozy sort of afternoon, and I got up and did Queen’s ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’ - suffice to say I think I was a ‘Human Defibrillator!’

I loved it! So much so, I’m going back on Wednesday to sing the song that wasn’t picked! But which one will it be Funsters....?

We had a brilliant afternoon there, before heading up to The Yorkshire Pride for a HUGE serving of Liver, Bacon, Onions, Veg and CHIPS! Absolutely delicious!

We had a blast of a day - Good Company - Brilliant Entertainment - lovely Liver - what’s not to love!

Today has found me on the Circuit of Torture, The Walk of 15000 steps, and, courtesy of Catie (our future DIL) and much to Our Little Un’s embarrassment, a huge AAAAHHHH moment - indulge me if you will ...
2F120431-FC7F-4ED8-A64E-30746BA92D8F.jpeg
051187E3-099A-4A07-9A33-C29EDE71DAA6.jpeg
BEFC3F75-5FB2-4C3F-A155-3F6E30898284.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
If you’re thinking Phase Eight then Clarks Village in Street have an Outlet store and it has a lot of nice stuff in it, more than the Phase Eight that’s in Debenhams in Bath which can be a bit disappointing . There’s also a really nice Hobbs next door. Just a thought. Not that I do much shopping of course cough cough!

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
If you’re thinking Phase Eight then Clarks Village in Street have an Outlet store and it has a lot of nice stuff in it, more than the Phase Eight that’s in Debenhams in Bath which can be a bit disappointing . There’s also a really nice Hobbs next door. Just a thought. Not that I do much shopping of course cough cough!
Carolyn - that’s a brilliant idea. We are very close to Clarks Village, so will give it a go.

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well Patient Pals, my last post was Monday and today is Thursday! So what have we done?

Had a Beni Blast - as usual!

Tuesday saw me up early and partaking of the Circle of Torture, before walking into town, searching for I can’t remember what, but I’m sure it was important at the time ....

It was a beautiful morning...

My idea of Beautiful Beni....
9EF574D7-B567-4056-A590-E84B1FBE046C.jpeg

The idea for those that can’t see past the ‘Typical Beni’...

5626440D-D450-4326-BF93-868E15B7AC37.png

In my eyes, the couple on the scooter are out, in the sunshine. OK they could probably be walking, but they are out, in the sunshine, enjoying life.

The two girls? Ok the tattoos certainly do nothing to enhance the appearance, but, they are out, enjoying the sunshine, enjoying life.

We got back to Villasol in time for Zumba, which for me is a lesson in how to do a brilliant Corporal Jones impression ... everyone else knows the steps, but I am always 5 seconds behind :RollEyes: quickweh Pauline, and all the others are foot perfect!
After an hour, desperately trying to follow in the steps of a lithe, gorgeous Spanish Senorita, but looking like a bewildered Norah Batty, I’d felt I’d earned a Rosada y Sprite, so after putting dinner in the slow cooker, I joined the Funster Gang on the Terrace.

We have a system that Ikea would be proud of - the table may start as a square, against the balcony wall, but as Funsters turn up throughout the afternoon, and depending on how crowded it is, it takes on the form of a game of dominoes, and tables are added (usually by our Table Monitor JockandRita Jock), to the right and to the left, accommodating every one that joins us - and we gradually take over the balcony!

We each may not get to talk to every one there, but there are usually at least four or five, separate conversations/discussions on future weddings (and MOTG outfits for the wearing of) children/ Grandchildren/ things to do with Motorhomes (I don’t usually get involved with those) and I think the only thing we DONT talk about is the weather!

Wednesday saw Pauline and I up and early for the early Keep Fit session - and a Photocall! Handsome Julio was getting a visit from our brilliant stand in fitness guru Maz, who wanted to show him proof that we were trying to hold things together in his absence.....
48206BAE-2B56-45F0-8941-53961B2572CE.jpeg

A truly international bunch of girls - British, Dutch, German and Belgian.

Maz is the lady in the white T shirt.

She is 74.

After that photo was taken she took the class.

I wish I’d had my phone on me.

She laid on the mat.

She told us to lift our legs and then bend backwards.

She proceeded to do just that.

The only thing in contact with the mat was the back of her head.

Her whole body was bent over her head with her toes touching the floor!!!

She is A MAZ ING - and VERY BENDY!

So that was Tuesday.

Wednesday followed quite the same theme - the market (where I bought a pink sparkly watch for my mum which I hope will be easier for her to see), and Cliff bought yet another plaited belt (I think he has a secret fetish for them - he almost has all the sizes in all the colours..)

I could buy at least 10 scarves every time I go to the market, but I have such a thing as willpower! (Although the bulging ‘scarf drawer’ at home would beg to differ ....)

What do we do now, we thought? Why not cycle into Albir for chips at The Orange Tree. So we did.

I have to say, they are the best chips ever. Hand cut, three times fried, with home made Aioli (more of the garlic later, eh JockandRita and quickweh? :wink: )

If you ever visit Albir remember who told you about the Chips and Aioli at The Orange Tree!

A night in front of the telly took us to today ...

I felt I had been living a too easy Beni Life and needed a dice with death, so I suggested a cycle ride to the Mall at Finestrat - and it didn’t disappoint!
Why do men (husbands) have to be so bloody aggressive on cycles?

It started very well, weaving our way through the masses on Levante and Poniente beaches, before turning right and onto the main drag up to La Marina Mall at Finestrat.

The cycle path is in the middle of two, two lane highways. We were cycling up the middle, but at some stage had to turn right to the mall.

Rather than follow the red ‘cycle lane’ my very own obnoxious Bradley Wiggins decides to cut straight across in front of the two lanes, without looking behind (he swears he did - I beg to differ) and I have to follow him!!!

Easy if you are a female Bradley Wiggins - ( I suppose that would be a Victoria Pendleton ) - but she, I am not! If a turn is too tight, I get off and push it round, and as for weaving through traffic - I Don’t!

By the time we get to the Mall, I am fuming - Alive, but fuming! I secretly think this will serve me well in my search for very expensive MOTG outfits- he will be so guilt struck that he’ll allow me any outfit I pick - so all will be good.

There were cheap dress shops, watch shops, Specsavers, sports shops and nowt else! No designer MOTG dress shops - what a waste of a death defying cycle trip!

We cycled back in time for me to do my Corporal Jones Zumba, tea, and then the Corner Bar Quiz.

What a lovely evening - the Picture Quiz was, as usual Devilishly Difficult.
Where Ashley gets his photos from, I shall never know - we only knew 8 of them, and how we ever got Elaine Paige .. well, I’m still dumbfounded!

The Quiz was a stinker - and I have to apologise to quickweh Mike - but really - who would have thought a 1958 sportswear footwear brand from Bolton would have been Reebok?!?!! Umbro sounded a much more credible answer!

I was very untrusting of the team that marked our paper - and it was just as well I was - they had only given us 1 point on the last question! It was worth 2 points - and we had got it right!

Alliumaphobia is the fear of what???

I knew it Funsters - Allium is the Latin word for garlic, and The Fear Of Garlic is Alliumophobia (You’ll all remember that for the rest of your lives now) and we scored an extra point for knowing that - giving us 33 points - making us THE WINNING TEAM!

A lovely evening - brilliant company JockandRita, quickweh, and David and Alison, and a Winners Golden Ticket to contribute towards next week’s Sunday dinners and bottles of wine to be shared between us all (I will give Mike my Roast Potato, and will forever remember that Reebok trainers originated in Bolton) !

It was a blast!

All this, and now to bed. Rumour has it that it’s Circle of Torture tomorrow, and I’ve missed tonight’s episode of The Archers - see, it’s not all happiness here in Beni !!

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
You have a way with words Geraldine, and very amusing with it too. Nice one. (y)

I was very untrusting of the team that marked our paper - and it was just as well I was - they had only given us 1 point on the last question! It was worth 2 points - and we had got it right!
And the look on that team leader's face when I took the "winning team's" paper up to be adjudicated, was one of deep suspicion, knowing that she had only given us 32 points, and not 33. :Eeek:.................................... :rofl:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Jenben

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Uk
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis I
Exp
Since 2007
Oops posted on wrong thread:)

Last edited:

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
Easy if you are a female Bradley Wiggins - ( I suppose that would be a Victoria Pendleton ) - but she, I am not! If a turn is too tight, I get off and push it round, and as for weaving through traffic - I Don’t!

cliffandger I too have this affliction. I would fall off too!

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well, what a lovely few days we’ve had!

Friday saw me up and out early, calling for quickweh Pauline and enduring the Circle of Torture, and it didn’t disappoint - It was agony! We got through it, and at the end, Maz our 74 year old Bendy Marvel said she might be late for Saturday’s session because her mam was ringing her from Australia  !

That woman never ceases to amaze us!

We were at a bit of a loose end for something to do, so we decided to cycle into Altea.

It was a beautiful day and we walked up to the old town to the church, stopping halfway up ...
7AE3146E-AE7B-4A82-A9C6-483BBD2C7589.jpeg

The view was lovely, but you wouldn’t want to have climbed over the wall ...
63EB14E3-AB6C-4A53-BD45-08A311F90813.png

I wouldn’t mind, but if you’de survived the glass shards topped wall, you certainly wouldn’t have survived the 50ft drop on the other side! 

We ate gorgeous gelato in the shadow of the church ...
A5F7B4D8-1629-44DB-BC16-3FC2F68B6E66.jpeg

before wandering back down to the front. The restaurants were full of people enjoying leisurely lunches in the sunshine.

Altea is a favourite of cyclists. I’ve never seen anything like this at home...
FB3ED31F-62A0-4B54-9C06-15C259A17140.jpeg

All the tools are on retractable steel lanyards - how brilliant is that!

We got back in time for Pilates with bands - a sort of Tai Chi with rubber - a deceptively easy looking pastime, that was really difficult... I was feeling smug, being able to do things that the Amazing 74 year old Maz wasn’t doing - when Jessica, our Spanish teacher asked why she wasn’t doing a certain exercise. Maz said her doctor had advised against it because of the metal rods in her back! 

This woman truly comes from the Planet Krypton!

We had earned a drink after our bendy, rubber bandy exertions, and so joined the Funsters on the terrace, sipping wine while the sun went down - just lovely.

Saturday saw us wander down to the Zodiac for a Funster communal tapas lunch. We got there and ordered before the masses arrived, and made the most of the relative peace, chatting, and welcoming the latecomers woodstock Ronnie and Anita (they had got on the wrong bus...) before moving on to the coffee and cake shop. The date and walnut was delicious - no crumbs left on Graham Ukbandit ’s plate .... 
E90682C6-48E9-437E-A24A-67E74D3E3763.jpeg

And then to today - and What a day!

Sunday should be lazy, laid back and chilled ... no chance of that in Beni ..!

We met up with Funster mates in The Flash Hotel, to see Elvis.

Who was Phenomenal. He sang, swivelled his hips, and serenaded toledo Polly...
17F25F6B-2C69-4335-84F9-B68932EF0948.jpeg
59BC1A1C-0F65-453D-976E-415CE0639239.jpeg

Polly was so shook up she had to take her coat off!

We thought that was good, until a group of people turned up in fancy dress - one unwisely dressed as Elvis.

Not only did Elvis call Elvis up on stage, but he sat down in the audience, continued singing, and let Elvis have the stage to himself!
D8F07B0E-E0EE-4BC1-8C80-17AAA7EEBA57.jpeg

Elvis (aka Phil) seemed reluctant to get up at first, and clearly wished he’d dressed up as Cliff Richard, but after much cajoling (and quite a bit of physical pushing) he was up there for two songs, thoroughly enjoying himself, and even got up a third time for us all to sing Happy Birthday to him!

It was truly a brilliant hour. The atmosphere was buzzing and Elvis was on top form. So much so, I bought his CD, despite Cliff reminding me ‘we don’t have a CD player’. As I’ve said before - the man has no soul ....

Here’s me with Elvis...
D6C8D1DF-1AE9-483B-AFAC-7ED22807D86D.jpeg

And with Elvis ..
238F8DD7-D3E9-4CFC-BD2F-70B99AEBACEE.jpeg

Just brilliant!

We moved on to Idols, where Karaoke is King. (See what I did there...?) toledo Dave wowed them with Chantilly Lace, I sang my Karaoke favourite ‘Thank You For The Music’ and Cliff raised the roof with ‘Ernie’. The audience never expect Ernie, but it never ceases to be a crowd pleaser!

However, the real surprise was the usually reserved and reticent JockandRita Jock, who we’ve only ever seen walk 500 miles on a stage.

He sang a beautiful rendition of ‘Love Is In The Air’ - and as if that wasn’t enough, he was back up on stage to do a duet with Shaun (one of the local Villasol lads) - Writing this the next day - my recollection of the song is hazy, but I’m thinking it was Lady and the Tramp.

However much of a star they were on stage, Dave, Cliff and Jock reverted to being typical boys back at their table ...
725B5A18-49C4-4557-9B9C-CAD8964BE352.jpeg

Eating snacks straight off the table!
:Eeek: :rolleyes::sick:

We’re off to catch the tram to Villajoyosa on a Funster Jolly today, and it’s cloudy:crying:

Catch up later Amigos!

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
he was back up on stage to do a duet with Shaun (one of the local Villasol lads) - Writing this the next day - my recollection of the song is hazy, but I’m thinking it was Lady and the Tramp.
Shaun did sing The Lady Is a Tramp, however, our duet was Frank Sinatra's My Way. ;)

A smashing day out was had by all. (y)

Cheers,

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Shaun did sing The Lady Is a Tramp, however, our duet was Frank Sinatra's My Way. ;)

A smashing day out was had by all. (y)

Cheers,

I thought it was My Way, but Cliff said no!

I have to say Funster Amigos- it was brilliant- those who are going, don’t forget to request a performance at toledo s Karaoke night !!! :notworthy2:

OP
OP
cliffanger

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
Well Funsters - the weather meant that yesterday’s Jolly to Villajoyosa was cancelled!

We were in the grip of two days of sea fog, so it was decided to postpone our trip. As we were already up and about, we walked down to the front for a coffee and crepe, and then to the other end of the town, before doubling back through town and back to the van - 17000 steps in total!

We wandered down to the bar, where Funsters were already enjoying an afternoon catch up.

We were all deep in various conversations, when the chatter was brought to an abrupt halt by a little Titian haired Beauty, grabbing Cally round the neck and shouting ‘Hello Granny!’

She was followed by the rest of Cally and Tony’s family who had secretly planned the holiday here - to say it was a surprise for them would be an understatement!

It was a lovely moment, and I really hope the sun comes out for them all while they’re here!

Today saw us up early for Keep Fit, and the continuation of the Curse! It turns out that Jessica, Handsome Julio’s replacement couldn’t do Zumba today, as a glass table top had fallen and landed on her foot!

However this time I’m sure that our very own Pocket Rocket, Smiling Assassin quickweh Pauline was nowhere near said coffee table, and cannot be held responsible for the continuing curse....

The weather has been rubbish today, but we still managed to walk 18000 steps, before meeting up at Villasol for Jacqui and Barry’s last day, and a walk up to The Yorkshire Pride for sausage and chips and then onto Beers Friends for a chat with the girls, and football for the boys.

Hoping for better weather tomorrow, and a safe trip back for Jacqui and Barry.

A temporary blip in the weather, but the fun and laughter continues unabated, with karaoke on the menu again tomorrow!

Hasta Luega Amigos!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back